PDA

View Full Version : What did I do wrong?

shrike
08-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I posted a handful of pictures the other day, and all seemed to go well, but I when I checked the gallery I noticed that there were duplicates.

I tried to delete one of the duplicates, but that didn't work, as it seems to have eliminated both pictures and replaced them with a note that a thumbnail isn't available.

Just to see if I screwed something up the first time, I tried again with a few more pictures and got the same result.

So.... my question is; Does anyone know what I did to get duplicates, why can't I delete then and what should I do about posting pics in the future?

It's an essay question, with points for content rather than punctuation or grammar. Neatness may count tho'<G>

Golden Bear
08-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm giving 5:1 that Rick and Jason solve this problem in 48 hours. Any takers?

rickstef
08-02-2007, 07:22 PM
not me

i ain't the programmer remember?

MOS95B
08-02-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm thinking you have 2 options -

-Deal with the duplicates here. Now that the staff is aware, I'm sure they'll fix it ASAP

-Get a third party account (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc). Seems a lot of y'all don't like that option, though.

Either one will work until the problem gets ironed out.

That should be worth at least a strong C.... ;)

rickstef
08-02-2007, 10:32 PM
hmm, one of the admin options in the gallery is hide pictures, that is what I did with the 3 no thumbnail pictures I saw in your album Shrike, so there are now 7 pictures displayed.

Hope this helps some

Rick

Jason
08-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Still trying to duplicate the problem and will keep looking into it till I figure out what it could be.

Jason

shrike
08-03-2007, 06:20 PM
There are 7 pictures, but only 5 different images. Two of them are duplicates, with the same name.
Think I should try deleting them again?

I'll try again with some more later. I could be some tiny glitch in the space/time continuum rather than a real problem.

Jason
08-03-2007, 06:40 PM
While the photos are duplicates, the entries into the gallery are not. Each photo has a different post id, so it looks like the submit button was clicked twice or the page was refreshed. Not sure what caused the problem, but the problem with deleting one of the photos, is that they are named the same. So while it will remove that entry, it will also remove the photo from the server. Hence the "not found". I will see if there is a setting to force each photo to have a unique name.

Jason

maurice
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I could be some tiny glitch in the space/time continuum rather than a real problem.

I'm not going to argue with that typo.

:D

:p

shrike
08-04-2007, 09:19 AM
The post id vs picture name explains it well enough for me. I don't recall refreshing the page or double-tapping the submit button, but I have noticed some odd computer/network interactions when the daughter is playing something bandwidth intensive on the other computer, so....

Maurice: Who says it's a typo rather than a deep philosophical statement? Glitchito ergo sum.

maurice
08-04-2007, 10:42 PM
I do, but congratulations on some nimble footed pseudo existentialism ... sort of a la (...)carte