PDA

View Full Version : 1/144 Flying Razorback

Texman
03-30-2009, 11:11 AM
After a hiatus for relocation and setup, I built the FG F-16 in the colors of the 188FW out of Ft Smith in honor of my wife and our new home here in Arkansas. The tail repaint is courtesy of Roger Accurso, and a nice job it is. My humblest thanks to him for doing it.

I did make some changes to the kit, as it is dated 1998, and not current standard at all, so there were some fit problems and a radome problem I just couldn't fix without major surgery. Still, I fixed the panel lines (redrawn) and lightened, scratchbuilt landing gear, scratchbuilt wheels, added landing gear doors, added the 20mm gun muzzle panel, and repositioned the horizontal stabs. In addition, I lightened the original paint colors, as they were way to dark, and painted the canopy with a bronze acrylic to better simulate the tint of the canopy. Then, using a series of paints, chalks, and SnJ silver powder, I gave the tailcone a facelift. On the front, I added a pitot tube to the nose. As a final touch, the entire airframe was given a random dusting of chalks to lightly weather the airframe.

And so, here with all the uglies, the F-16.

Ray

billy.leliveld
03-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Nice Ray !
1;144? thats tiny! Hats off:D

willygoat
03-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Great work Ray! You turned an ugly duckling into a mean looking bird. Good stuff.

redhorse
03-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Good to see your tiny planes again! Looks like I'll be making some of my own here pretty soon.

lepercan
03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Nice! good bird!
Lep

member_3
03-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Congrats on another teeny-weeny masterpiece! I tried to find a 1:144 scale font to post this in but was unsuccessful. You 1:100/1:144 guys just amaze me. All I ever want is models in a larger scale so I have a hope of completing one.

Papercut
03-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Congrats on another teeny-weeny masterpiece! I tried to find a 1:144 scale font to post this in but was unsuccessful. You 1:100/1:144 guys just amaze me. All I ever want is models in a larger scale so I have a hope of completing one.
Ain't that the truth, I keep going up the scale. Nice work.:DRick