PDA

View Full Version : Revenge, Shipyard 1:96

firdajan
04-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Hello papermodellers,

I decided after a long time pause ( 20 years ) to return to my favourite theme - historical ships. The first one - Revenge . I ve startet to built it 1 1/2 month ago, but not very famously. In the model of Shipyard I received were a lot of mistakes, and I almost want to stop it, - but why, I decided to go on. The result you can se at photos below. I throw off originally cover of the ship, made it again and I m going by way like DORIS on czech papermodellers forum . Now I´m in the moment to built the upper part of the ship. If you have any recommedments, tips and tricks, please let me know. You also can see my ship pn www.papierovemodelarstvo.sk (http://www.papierovemodelarstvo.sk) . Im jano100 there. Enjoy it.:)

firdajan
04-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Hello papermodellers,
I´ve decided to make papermodels after 20 years pause, and startet to make Revenge from poland´s Shipyard . Results - see below. If you have any recomendments or advertisements, please help me

birder
04-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Looks nice to me! Should be a cool early ship.:)

Michael Mash
04-03-2009, 03:40 PM
What a beautiful old ship. Keep sending lots of pictures of this one.
Mike

member_3
04-03-2009, 03:53 PM
You must have a good memory - the 20 years haven't hurt your skills. That is one of the finest hulls I have seen on a paper model. Thank you for sharing!

Wilfried
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
You must have a good memory - the 20 years haven't hurt your skills. That is one of the finest hulls I have seen on a paper model. Thank you for sharing!

I agree ... :)

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried

cdavenport
04-03-2009, 04:02 PM
That's a paper model!?! Jeez, Louise!

Papercut
04-03-2009, 09:42 PM
MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!:) Your work is just great and I have already amassed several of Model Shipyard's kits and this one happens to be a favorite, but alas, I can not locate one, so I will enjoy yours.:D

firdajan
04-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Hello Frieds,

I´m pleased that my ship looks good to you :):):). Yesterday I worked on galion, today I´ll put clamps asides and I´ll start working on the rails and balcony. Till now it grows very quickly, but now... prepare masts, sail yards,blocks, etc... I´ll put photos gradually. Below you can see some photos from the building ( as a sides covering I used paper wallpapers improved by ANILIN colors to create planking effect ) and some photos from today. If you have any comments or proposals, let me know.

eatcrow2
04-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Absolutely wonderful work!! Will be a real pleasure and learning experience following this build..

redhorse
04-04-2009, 03:20 PM
What a gorgeous build!

firdajan
04-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi friends, more pictures from the building. Clamps are on the ship already. Balcony doesn´t fit, it´s larger 2 mm, I have to improve it.

Golden Bear
04-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Man, this build might not be getting enough attention. I've been following it. Just beautiful work. Fird, is that your name? (we are a little more familiar here) I'm looking forward to seeing how you do. Have you built sailing ships before? Are you good at rigging?

Carl

member_3
04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Beautiful, simply beautiful!

THE DC
04-08-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing your handling of the sails and rigging!

The DC

Michael Mash
04-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes, that hull is one fine piece of work.
Mike

Don Boose
04-08-2009, 01:42 PM
It is a superb model of a very famous ship.

Don

Papercut
04-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Most excellent, and your photography skills, are really good to match your beautiful build. I too look forward to the fitting out.:DRick

dansls1
04-09-2009, 05:03 AM
Very nice clean build, thanks for sharing ;)

firdajan
04-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi friends,

after a long time I finished railing, handrails and balcony, which didn´t fit, as I anounced. See the photos below. The same problem has Radek on Kartonbau ( Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um's Kartonmodell... | Bauberichte | Revenge / Shipyard / 1:96 (http://www.kartonbau.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=3666&threadview=0&hilight=Revenge&hilightuser=0&sid=73e5f88cdd8e6c04b33ec74a7db91b35&page=4) ), you can compare both of ships. The hull of the ship is almost completed and prepared for the rigging, and this will take a lot, lot time...Next week I´d like to start to do it. The covers for gunports and doors I´ll put there later, like the rest, haha. Really, the hull looks quite impressive.
Have a nice Easter
Jan

birder
04-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Fine work on this early ship. Very pretty. You have to love those Shipyard kits! I think they're wonderful.:)

Golden Bear
04-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Man, I'm looking forward to more posts, Jan. I want to build these myself but I cannot consider myself at all knowledgeable about carrying out the rigging.

Please post shots of the rigging process and share your knowledge with us about how to do it. I would really love to model Magenta/Solferino some day.

Carl

Michael Mash
04-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the many images of this majestic beauty. You don't see rails like that on many builds. Looking forward to the masts and rigging.
Mike

firdajan
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Progress continuing friends...I´m glad the building is nice to you. It´s time to grow up. I made masts from maple bars - it´s white and very good for treating -using abrasive paper and ratchet drill and put them into ship, let them two days to dry. I´m making deadeyes from paper ( see picture below ),they´re quite small, haha, it takes me a long time to work it out. Some details are made too ( stairs ), the deck patine is finished too. On the another picture you can compare the plastic kit and the paper model. The rigging takes me a lot of time, as I said, but it goes really quickly- it´s only thirth month I start to make the Revenge. If you have any proposals or opinions to make the ship better, let me know.

Jan

Michael Mash
04-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Very beautiful Jan. Those masts all look tall and straight.
Mike

firdajan
05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Hello friends,

sorry for the late answering, but I´m very busy these days...
I´m continuing on Revenge, and I´ve just started to work on Ark Royal 1587 / the 1 st one /. I´ll put the report from the building if time allows it to me. There are a few pictures from the Revenge´s building. On the last one you can compare Revenge 400 tons - in the middle - , Ark Royal skelet - 800 tons - on the Right and Golden Hind skelet - 120 tons - on the left.
Sorry for poor pictures, theyŕe taked by the mobile phone only.

Jan

eatcrow2
05-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Just fantastic work Jan!!!!!!!

firdajan
05-12-2009, 04:41 PM
OK Peter,

Thank you, but if I could have a little much time for building... hahaha
I´m building four ships at the moment, and I absolutely have no time now.

Jan

Phil
05-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Most incredible work...drooling in anticipation!

Wilfried
05-12-2009, 05:02 PM
OK Peter,

Thank you, but if I could have a little much time for building... hahaha
I´m building four ships at the moment, and I absolutely have no time now.

Jan

Please Jan,

one question; you're retired, unemployed or a satisfied millionaire? :)
I like your precisely work very well ...

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried

firdajan
05-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Hi Wilfried,

absolutely no, hahaha. It´s just my hobby, my children are growing up and now I have a little time to do what I always wanted, I´m normally employed, have a family, and I´m not a millionaire, hahaha.maybe you can say I´m fanatic interesting in the sailing ships....yes. Precise work in this way is normally, I used to do it.

Jan

P.S. your work - is very inspirated for me!!!!!

Golden Bear
05-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Jan, your rigging does look nice. I wouldn't mind seeing it closer to understand how you do it. I am very poor at rigging and am satisfied to simply get a general representation. People who actually know how to rig impress me!

Carl

firdajan
05-14-2009, 02:49 PM
OK Carl,
I´m working in the dental bussiness and I have the exhibition in Ostrava / Czech Republic /, so sorry for late answering, rigging is very easy, but takes a lot of time for preparing - you have to be very precise in this. One couple of deadeyes takes me about 25 minutes, and you need them about 80 for the Revenge - it´s example. As soon as I ´ll have the time , Iĺl put some photos from the progress and explaining. For examples, go to www.papierovemodelarstvo.sk (http://www.papierovemodelarstvo.sk) , and see the HMS Bellona from Doris....this is one of the greatests sailing ships which have been ever made from paper - there´s full progress for watching.
As I said, I had 20 years pause in modeling, so I´m still learning again, hahaha.
I´ve just startet to build Ark Royal 1587, and I´d like to make it perfectly as much as it would be possible.

Below are the pictures from Revenge progress today, now it´s going faster - several ropes, and it´s finished.

Show must go on.

Jan

redhorse
05-14-2009, 03:23 PM
These paper sailing ships really blow me away. Amazing how close to perfection they can come, you're doing an incredible job.

Papercut
05-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Hello My Friend, thanks for your msg I received a few days ago and I will get back with you. I am very impressed by your skill and I look forward to getting my hands on a copy of this kit. Not all the Shipyard kits are available here in the US. I went to the recommended Forum and look up the post your referred, wow. I was amazed that this ship was made from paper/card. Just goes to show how far one can take a paper/card kit if you take your time and add the detail the kit calls for. Plank on frame kits such as Shipyard offer a economical way to build a collection of mid century ships. Thanks for the site, is now apart of my faves.:DRick

Wilfried
05-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi Wilfried,

absolutely no, hahaha. It´s just my hobby, my children are growing up and now I have a little time to do what I always wanted, I´m normally employed, have a family, and I´m not a millionaire, hahaha.maybe you can say I´m fanatic interesting in the sailing ships....yes. Precise work in this way is normally, I used to do it.

Jan

P.S. your work - is very inspirated for me!!!!!

Jan,

we're all from the same tribe! Taking cardboard, cut out and glue!
Fanatic, yes, that's the power who give us the drive ... :)

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried

Wyvern
08-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Looking good! Keep at it and keep the photos coming. I hope Shipyard reprints this one soon.

Wyvern

Papercut
08-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Looking good! Keep at it and keep the photos coming. I hope Shipyard reprints this one soon.

WyvernI 2nd that! Are you watching Shipyard!!!!!!!!!!!

silveroxide
08-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I have a couple of wooden sailing ships from Artesania Latina, and they are still in the box undone. I use them as templates for building my ships out of paper. It has been over 8 years since I made one. I mostly gave them away to family as gifts. Paper is fantastic and very forgiving. I have done the the body out of paper and planked the outside with wooden coffee stirrers. For the masts I sometimes use Chinese chopsticks, they are tapered and about the right size for many models.

Your ship is breathtaking, it wants me to go and start making sailing ships again but I have a few models in front right now. I am awaiting with anticipation your finished product.

firdajan
09-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Hallo friends,

sorry for late answering, I had a lot of problems... the photos from Revenge I´d like to put here in good quality, and now I have no possibility, but now I´m working on Ark Royal 1588, as I promised, - here are some poor photos from progress - sorry for poor qualyty, theyŕe taken only from the mobile phone.
Iĺl finish Revenge line and will continue on new Ark Royal Line.

Balls To The Wall

Jan

Papercut
09-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Hello friend, glad to hear from you again. Like the subject of your new build and look forward to more.:DRick