PDA

View Full Version : Russian models

Mike Stamper
04-11-2009, 07:54 AM
This is my first "post" since the model show in February, my, how time flies!

Anyway I have not been wasting my time. For sometime I have been seeing adverts on Ebay for a series of Russian Models and with a bit of searching I found the publishers website. Unfortunately, it's in Russian, but fortunately, I have a few friends who live in Moscow, so have been able to get hold of five kits They are buildings from Kizhi Island which is north east of St Petersburg and two are of buildings in St Petersburg.

The main reason for not buying them earlier is because they are all "tab and slot" and die cut, three of my pet dislikes. However I couldn't resist them because I've seen the original buildings and I thought it would be interesting to see if I could make them and hide the slots etc.

Here are pictures of two completed models and one part made.

The wooden church is on Kizhi and the "tall church is in St Petersburg and is where the tombs of the last Tzar and his wife are situated. The unfinnished model is also n Kizhi.

I started with the easy kits and am working my way through to the most complicated,,,,, but that will be another story;-)

eatcrow2
04-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Great looking models Mike..... The metal appearance on that steeple is pretty cool....

Cheers.......

dansls1
04-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Pretty cool - I like seeing more of the different architectural models out there. That church looks big - like 4-5' tall, right?

Mike Stamper
04-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the interest in the models.

The Peter and Paul Church has one page of die cut pieces on gold paper. It gives a good look to the kit but there is no way of painting the cut edges. Bare Metal foil, I think came in gold but, I'm not sure if it would improve the pieces.

The building is about 18 inches tall and about 10 inches long ;-)

THE DC
04-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice work! Thanks for sharing...

The DC