PDA

View Full Version : Moving models

Bonzo
09-20-2014, 10:32 AM
All my models move, powered by an elastic band. I suggest you allow the submission of videos as my models cannot by appreciated any other way. (New member signed up today).

TheWebdude
09-20-2014, 10:49 AM
All my models move, powered by an elastic band. I suggest you allow the submission of videos as my models cannot by appreciated any other way. (New member signed up today).

It would be much simpler to upload a video to YouTube and link to it from the forum.

rickstef
09-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Webdude is correct

upload the videos to youtube
then use the following tags to post here on the forum [ youtube ] and [ /youtube ](remove the spaces between the brackets to make the code work)
with the last part of the url after the = sign in original youtube link

Bonzo
10-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Helix- a marble runs uphill.

I would like to share the attached with anybody who is interested.
My grateful thanks to Miles Linnabery for his interest, his time in building and testing and the help, advice, recommendations and suggestions for revisions to the parts and instructions.

Vermin_King
10-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Wow. You did a very nice job with this and the instructions

michael dazzo
10-02-2014, 11:49 AM
hi and welcome Bonzo to the papermodelers forum!;) very fastanating paper model you have there! do you do othere paper models besides this one? do you have a website or blog?> ;) do you have the finneshed point of this one yet that we can all see it what it looks like?! ;)

mldixon
10-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks for Sharing...
Very nice, would love to see some Videos. Youtube link is availble in the bar above you when you send these messages...:)

Miles Linnabery
10-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Dear Friends:
Yes indeed the helix works, However the cats (2) are taking the marble out of it and hiding it. It does work out of 110# card stock and it will print out on 8 1/2 by 11 card OK. John do you want me to post some of the beta build pictures here?
Miles

Bonzo
10-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Miles,

Thanks, but I suggest we just let them build it and discover for themselves what it does.

And Yes I have more!

Bonzo
10-16-2014, 07:18 AM
Here is another one!

Ring Pull. "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" Not necessarily just the one...

maurice
10-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Oooh! Used to use empty wooden cotton reels for that and call them "tanks".

Also used to have a cat called Bonzo - but don't expect you're related.
:)

Welcome to the forum.

Bonzo
10-18-2014, 11:49 AM
It was my nickname at school - when I made tanks. I have found that paper has a similar co-efficient of friction to wood.

Here is a link to "You tube" showing some of the models that I have made. Alas, not all of them paper.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDalgoma