PDA

View Full Version : POTW for April 20th , 2009

Jason
04-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Ok, it has been a very long while since we have had a picture of the week. Not that there have not been pictures that were worthy.

Fuso by YuG in 1/400. You can find more pictures of the build in his thread here (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraft/2552-ijn-hiei-1-300-maly.html).

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/images/potw/potw0919.jpg

birder
04-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Now that's a picture of the week!!!!!!!!:)

cjwalas
04-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Unbelievable that that's paper! Yu's work is just astonishing. GREAT POTW!
Chris

-Jim G
04-17-2009, 10:48 AM
All I can say is WOW!

redhorse
04-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Well deserved! Although, isn't that Fuso?

Padre
04-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Great build and picture, need this every week.

Royaloakmin
04-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Yep, that's Yu's Fuso in 1/400, so even more astounding.

whulsey
04-17-2009, 12:19 PM
A new POTW shows up and its a home run!

KCStephens
04-17-2009, 12:28 PM
HOLY COW! :eek: Now that's AWESOME!!!

Papercut
04-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Great build and picture, need this every week. Hey Padre, I agree, but I also know you have some photo's of the Phantom Ship that ain't (there's that word mom said was not a word) too shabby either. Hope to see one of them posted someday as well. Not taking anything from Yu's most glorious ship that we all look at and say to our selves someday!!!!!!!:DRick

Don Boose
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Outstanding choice! Congratulations, Yu-sama!

Don

B-Manic
04-17-2009, 01:46 PM
What a great choice. Congratulations Yu!!

Yu Gyokubun
04-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Thank you very much for this honor and many kind words of fellow modelers. My work that caused me severe eye fatigue, stiff neck and shoulder is finally paid off though my wife has never praised it…:(

billy.leliveld
04-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Oke, we all know that this forum is about papermodeling, but we still say ICBTMOP! beautifull Yu, and well deserved.

Oliver Weiss
04-18-2009, 07:53 PM
...though my wife has never praised it…:(

Yu-san, you're not alone! I think most of our wives underappreciate our efforts (at least when it come to paper modeling!)

Cheers : Oliver

Lex
04-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Congrats to making it to the frontpage Yu!

Only glitch as said by others, I think it's a Fuso.... Never mind :D

kooklik
04-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Hello YuG
Congratulations. FUSO in 1/400 with full detailing :eek:. Can't belive how could you shrink all of them into this scale. Master of shrinking!! Great work.
----kooklik----

Yu Gyokubun
04-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Thanks Billy BTW, what ICBTMOP stands for?

Oliver-san, I feel relieved to know that our efforts are underappreciated by our wives is universal or so.

Lex, Fuso, Hiei or whatever, it doesn’t matter. I am just happy over the honor.

kooklik, thank you for your nice word. Compared to all other countries our Japanese houses are small so we have no other choice but to develop into small ship modeler:( 14 years ago I have lived in Lampang, Thailand for about one year. Room size of the house I rented was much bigger than average Japanese house. By the way, I have not visited Thailand for about a year and I miss yummy tom yam kung soup

billy.leliveld
04-22-2009, 01:10 AM
I Can't Believe That's Made Of Paper :D

kooklik
04-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Hello YuG
Were those tiny parts assemblyed under a magnifier? Or you did by naked eyes. I think I will try do smaller size but still high in detail for my future models. My house is small too. I have to build a special shelf for Big Boy when he's completed.
BTW I may ask you to let me see your paper model gallery if I have a plan to visit Tokyo.
Very impressive work you've done. Thanks for sharing.
----kooklik----

Yu Gyokubun
04-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks Billy
Knowing it, my joy doubled! This site is very instructive to me not only for paper model build but for vocabulary build;)

Sawat dee khrap khoon kooklik,

Because of old aged eye, to me magnifier is indispensable to build small scale ship model.

It’s my great pleasure if you visit my gallery when you come to Tokyo. (Since I am in Hanoi this week I can’t take picture and show you my gallery)
Before move to new home last December I used to hang airplane models on the walls but my wife wouldn’t let me do the same at new home saying its unsightly:mad: so I bought sectional shelf and put about 20 odd models on there out of 40 that I built in 5 years. Since I bought one set of the shelf only I had to discard about 10 models with which workmanship I was not satisfied.

I believe if you build small size model, it will be impeccable one and I look forward to seeing it.

treadhead1952
04-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Hi Yu,

Your work is amazing in such a small scale and having it as a POTW to enjoy when logging in makes coming in even better.

As to wives-girlfriends-significant others not appreciating our work that we enjoy so much is just another one of those mysteries in life. Although it does force one to be more creative in coming up with ways to display finished projects, finding time to work on said projects and finally, coming up with funds to be able to enjoy a new one on a regular basis.

Congratulations on becoming our "Poster" modeler of the spring. a most incredible effort that deserves some special recognition.