PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 66,000 business cards

B-Manic
08-07-2007, 01:04 AM
I guess technically this is card modelling -- click on link for full story of the level three Menger Sponge (or super scale cube ?)

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/7166

http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/menger5.jpg

Frank Kelle
08-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh my god!!!! :eek:
A very complicated way to store all the business-cards... I dare not to imagine, what she is doing when she needs a telefone-nuber from on of this cards :p. I think I will continue with my received cards in normal way...

Fozzy The Bear
08-07-2007, 04:29 AM
I guess technically this is card modelling

How entirely and utterly pointless.... That Nerd needs to get out more, wonder if she'll ever get a life.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

Phil
08-07-2007, 09:23 AM
How entirely and utterly pointless.... That Nerd needs to get out more, wonder if she'll ever get a life.

Did you see the smile on her face?
That is hardly pointless.

Way cool B-manic, thanx for sharing this!

rickstef
08-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Julian,

I guess you would be calling me a nerd too,

I have tried this, and it is a very cool little design.

I would probably go to a single cell, a level one, but this is one of the coolest pieces out there

Rick

B-Manic
08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Did you see the smile on her face?
That is hardly pointless.

Way cool B-manic, thanx for sharing this!

I wonder what some people are saying about our paper obsession? Personally I think it is a great accomplishment. The look on her face says it all! :D

dansls1
08-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Talk about repetitive building. After doing that many cubes, she'd have no trouble building tank tracks!

Fozzy The Bear
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I guess you would be calling me a nerd too,
I have tried this, and it is a very cool little design.

I wouldn't dare call anybody a Nerd unless I admitted to being one myself :D

I'm just nerdy about different stuff I guess..... Mathematical cubes just don't do it for me, and there's no way my other half would have one of these in the house LOL :D It takes me all my time to get the trains and arcade game machines in through the door, let alone an ugly (In My Humble Opinion) cube full of holes.

The Domestic Authority would have a fit at me if I suggested something like this.:rolleyes:

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

B-Manic
08-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't dare call anybody a Nerd unless I admitted to being one myself :D

I'm just nerdy about different stuff I guess..... Mathematical cubes just don't do it for me, and there's no way my other half would have one of these in the house LOL :D It takes me all my time to get the trains and arcade game machines in through the door, let alone an ugly (In My Humble Opinion) cube full of holes.

The Domestic Authority would have a fit at me if I suggested something like this.:rolleyes:

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

You could always tell her its a bookcase - LOL

orpheusrocker
08-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Crikey!

What must her Rolodex look like?

Sakrison
08-19-2007, 12:16 PM

"Pointless" is in the eye of the beholder. I think she had way too much fun building that cube. B-Manic, my hat is off to ya!

--David