PDA

View Full Version : Age is nothing but a number

rickstef
05-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi all,

This post is more for the benefit of our visitors and those who join the forum.

We comply with the COPPA law, where no one under 13 can register, unless they have parental consent.

So that means, any one who wants to hide or not give an accurate birthyear, will not be able to participate in the forum.

As it stands right now, 42 members have registered, and each one of them are listed as a COPPA member.

I do not have the time to email each one of them to find out if they forgot to use a correct birthday, so those 42 members will be on that list, until they send me a pm or an email in order for me to fix their registration.

To any future member, please consider using your actual birthday, it will not get used by Jason or myself, we simply are busy with other stuff, and interests to do anything with your personal info.
And when you use your own birthday, you will be able to participate fully in the Forum, and we would love to hear what you have to say and see what you can do, and contribute to the knowledge base.

As always, any questions, gripes, ideas, send me a pm or an email

Rick

willygoat
05-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Glad to see you covering all bases Rick. Thanks to Jason too!

rickstef
05-24-2009, 11:31 AM
The intent of this post is to inform the new( joined in the last couple of weeks) and prospective members.

If you have been posting, and participating in the forum you are good.

There are 42 members, who have used the date they joined as their birthday(therefore unable to participate), there are spammers in that list, trying to circumvent the security we have in place, and trust me, I won't be approving or editing them to give them access.
And there might be people/kids who have signed up, but have not given their parental consent.

So, if you are older than 13, you are clear and free.

Rick

ct ertz
05-24-2009, 01:00 PM
COPPA? Just wondering?

rickstef
05-24-2009, 01:06 PM
COPPA - Children's Online Privacy Protection (http://www.coppa.org/)

ct ertz
05-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I am now educated. Thanks. My kids read over my shoulder for the most part, and like the pictures here. One of my little modelers is 11 and the other one 5, with the 10 year old still deciding how much he likes it.

The internet is always an issue in our house. I am glad to know about the COPPA.

Lunarsav23spin445
05-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi to everyone at PaperModelers.com, special thanks to administrator for approving me!
My brief ( less boring) history of modelmaking: Airfix and Revell plastic models mainly rockets as a kid many moons ago, nothing inbetween until the model bug jumped on board my mid-life crisis and I discovered paper models on the web. I am still new at this but have done a couple of big models ( Soyuz approx 1/40 scale and UHU 4 feet long Discovery from 2001). Sites like this one have taught me a lot ( now making a 5 feet long Discovery, hopefully better than first attempt) and paper modelling has taught me patience and attention to detail - new virtues for me!
Did I say this was a brief monologue? Better sign off for now, and may all your models look like plastic!:)

Dave Friesen
06-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi folks! Just to mention another reason why they like your actual birthday. Yesterday was my birthday and first thing in the morning I had a personal email from the people in charge here wishing me a happy birthday. It woke me up, as it hadn't even occurred to me that it was that day. Thanks a lot. Very nice folks running this site! Dave

Paragon
06-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Any chance you can move this down below the recent posts box?

aduhot1
06-15-2009, 01:56 AM
Very impressive
Thanks! Bumping....