PDA

View Full Version : URLs make my posts and new threads denied!!

Kashiwazaki
03-31-2016, 12:06 PM
My posts and thread starts are being denied because of a supposed limit on URLs and/or "forbidden words".

Can someone explain why is this happening, or an Admin to check if there is something wrong about it please?? (^^;

murphyaa
03-31-2016, 12:08 PM
I know new members aren't allowed to post links until after a certain amount of posts (I think 10, but an Admin can correct me). It's just to cut down on the number of spambots posting non-related links.

3Turner
03-31-2016, 01:35 PM
MegaMoonLiner,

Aaron has it right. After 10 posts, you'll be able to put links into your posts....and it is due to spammers who slip through the initial approval by admins.

The "forbidden words" error is associated with the original post of a new thread. There is new software that the forum owner is researching for a work around fix. What is happening; when you write a long first post for a new thread, the forum software is automatically adding keywords at the bottom of the thread. Well, the forum software is reaching the limit of keywords allowed and giving the error to the member trying to start a thread. The only work around for the keyword problem is to keep the first post short.

As for the links...four more posts and you can include them in your posts soon. ;)

Welcome to the forums! Head on over here and introduce yourself if you haven't posted yet: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/welcome-desk/

Kashiwazaki
03-31-2016, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the forums! Head on over here and introduce yourself if you haven't posted yet: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/welcome-desk/

I did that already, under the post title 「MegaMoonLiner Studio is in!」.

And actually I will need to change my username; is there any way you could change it yourself, or must it be an Administrator to do that?

Thank you! (^^)

3Turner
03-31-2016, 05:11 PM
I did that already, under the post title 「MegaMoonLiner Studio is in!」.

And actually I will need to change my username; is there any way you could change it yourself, or must it be an Administrator to do that?

Thank you! (^^)

Oh! Didn't see you joined up in 2010:rolleyes:

Rick (rickstef) can help with the name change, I will let him know. Or you can PM him.

rickstef
03-31-2016, 06:16 PM
send me a private message with the new nickname you want

N96HBK
04-01-2016, 01:54 AM
I remember when I had the "forbidden words" error. I was very confused. :)
I checked the URL I was trying to post but it was totally fine. I think it was my 9th post.

Kashiwazaki
04-01-2016, 04:31 AM
I remember when I had the "forbidden words" error. I was very confused. :)
I checked the URL I was trying to post but it was totally fine. I think it was my 9th post.
That confused me too, but as we read the message more cleary, we see it to rather be a second possibility, and not necessarily what happened.

This is my 11th most now, so I am totally fine from now onwards. (^^)