PDA

View Full Version : recolour procedures

herky
04-03-2016, 01:23 AM
have a question.i have the fiddlers green huey which i would like to get recoloured into rnzaf colours.what are the rules regarding this and how to i go about finding someone to recolout it?:)

aansorge
04-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Did you get an answer to the recoloring question? I don't believe I have ever NOT bashed a kit, since I usually want a specific hull number. There has been a very slight nag that someone might find objection to posts of such a model. sometimes (like with the FG B-17) I get permission from the source (not necessarily the artist), sometimes I forget, and usually the reply does not come.

I have seen requests for photoshop and recolor work, they seem popular.

murphyaa
04-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Fiddlersgreen has a pretty open repaint policy. As long as you don't try and sell it, they don't mind. If you submit it, they might even offer it on the site. They used to pay for repaints, but I dunno if that still happens.

herky
04-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Fiddlersgreen has a pretty open repaint policy. As long as you don't try and sell it, they don't mind. If you submit it, they might even offer it on the site. They used to pay for repaints, but I dunno if that still happens.

i just want it for myself as the aircraft have retired,so is it ok if i try to get someone to do a recolour of this fg model for my own use or do i need their ok first

herky
04-06-2016, 02:33 AM
ok gonna go ahead and ask.can anyone do a recolour of fg huey or iroqouis as they were called here,simple one colour scheme as per photos.can send close up photos of markings and squadron badge if needed.this is for my own personal use and not for redistribution.email me if you would do it:)

avro202
04-06-2016, 09:45 AM
I could give this a shot if no one else has contacted you.

herky
04-07-2016, 12:05 AM
I could give this a shot if no one else has contacted you.

that would be great.have emailed you:)