PDA

View Full Version : Free Model Contest #5

Toddlea
12-06-2016, 02:07 PM
I wanted to host another contest to feature some of the great free models out there.

So, here are the rules

1) Contest will run from now until July 1, 2017 23:59:59 PST. Should be plenty of time if to want to tackle a Digital Navy ship or a Yamaha motorcycle.

2) Post a thread "build report" with pictures (if possible) while you are building the model. Add "Free Model #5" to the thread title to feature contest threads. Example: Free Model #5 – Digital Navy Ambrose. Add valid link somewhere in the thread so others may download model also. Please take picture(s) of finished model and post in thread.

3) Model must be available freely on the internet with a valid link. Model must be a legitimate download. Piracy is not acceptable in this forum. Model must exist as a complete download at the beginning of this contest. Sorry, no designing as you go.

All modifications are allowed. Recoloring, additional parts & extra detailing are all acceptable.

Entrants may enter as many times as you want.

Entries will be judged by forum members by PM. Judging will remain open for 2 weeks after the end of contest so members may cast votes.

Prizes will be announced at a later date. (trust me they're worth it)

Contest host retains the right to modify contest rules, categories, prizes and special awards at any time.

Feel free to PM me with questions and clarifications of rules.

Thank you in advance for your participation and let building begin!

Rubenandres77
12-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Great idea, and plenty of time :)

Dabeer
12-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Sounds interesting, but you referenced Digital Navy - are there any valid links to those downloads any more? I haven't been able to get the site to work for over a year now.

gwssms
12-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Up and running fine:
Paper Models | Card Models | Modele kartonowe | Kartonmodell | Warships | Battleships | Digitalnavy.com (http://www.digitalnavy.com/)

Dabeer
12-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Up and running fine:
Paper Models | Card Models | Modele kartonowe | Kartonmodell | Warships | Battleships | Digitalnavy.com (http://www.digitalnavy.com/)

Right... now click "Downloads" and try to download any of the models.

ViperPilot
12-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Only the links in White are Downloadable. Now, is this Contest open to all Genres or just specific ones?

Alan

VinceM
12-06-2016, 05:14 PM
Just to clarify, rescaling is OK?

Dabeer
12-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Only the links in White are Downloadable

Yes, and only 1 is white, and that link is broken. Yet the OP specifically referenced Digital Navy models as potential entries into this contest. But without a valid link, by the OPs own contest rule, they wouldn't be allowed.

So I ask again - am I missing something? Are there valid links for the Digital Navy models somewhere?

Also, what about Uhu02 models? Sure you have to jump through some hoops to get them, but they are free and available.

JohnM
12-06-2016, 06:00 PM
The way I read the rules I thought Toddlea was merely suggesting a source of free models. He also mentioned Yamaha. I'd assume any FREE download (Except Pirated) would qualify.

Umm? Toddlea ... please clarify if re-scaling is permitted or not?

Incidentally, if any one is interested, the last post on Digital Navy Facebook was way back in January. Can Admin throw any light? Is Roman still around?

missileer
12-06-2016, 09:05 PM
I tried to purchase the Digital Navy Fletcher Class destroyer about 2 months ago and all I get on any of the destroyer selections is "Out of Stock". How can a digital file be out-of-stock? :confused:

I apologize for bringing up the question above, since it has nothing to do with the main stream of this thread.

Dabeer
12-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Incidentally, if any one is interested, the last post on Digital Navy Facebook was way back in January. Can Admin throw any light? Is Roman still around?

Speaking of "way back", I was able to find a link, of sorts, for most of the free Digital Navy models:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130513220722/http://www.digitalnavy.com/html/downloads.html

and for the San Salvador:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140809073517/http://www.sdmaritime.org/shop/san-salvador-collection/downloadsansalvadormodel.html

Anyway, getting this thread back on topic: sounds like an interesting contest, and I hope I will be able to find time and focus to participate.

Toddlea
12-06-2016, 11:05 PM
I haven't been to Digital Navy in a while. Hope Rowan is alright.

Re-scaling is fine. Build as big or small as you want.

Just to clarify, ANY free model is fair game. Canon, Currell, E-card models (free ones), Yamaha, Fiddlers Green, Ichiyama's Paper Cards, Paper Replika, Paper shipwright, etc........... There are thousands of them out there. Every time I have hosted this contest, someone has discovered a site I have never heard of.

I also want to invite everyone to participate. This contest is open to the entire planet. In the past I have sent prizes to Europe, Asia, Africa and even New Zealand.

Ronagon
12-07-2016, 12:52 PM
What about sites acessed via Web Archive? It's OK?

Toddlea
12-07-2016, 07:01 PM
What about sites acessed via Web Archive? It's OK?

As long as it isn't pirated and anyone can access it. I thought about all of those cool Zio models. If there is an active link somewhere, I'd love to see some of those built.

cardist
12-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Try this link for Zio's archived models.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150219095159/http://www.zioprudenzio.it/fokker.html

All the best and happy modelling.

Bernie

CMDRTED
12-08-2016, 07:00 AM
sounds great. Missilleer the digital navy destroyers were not downloadable they were sold as pre printed kits only so it is possible Roman ran out of them.

Rubenandres77
12-08-2016, 07:15 PM
I'm in. :)

I've had this kit printed for a long time, and now seems a good time to start it.

Moekami - Princess of the Crystal (http://moekami.himegimi.jp/item/027princess/princess.html)

I will probably start the build thread this weekend.

CharlieC
12-09-2016, 04:49 AM
The long vanished Polish publisher Cardplane had a bunch of free models on their website - fortunately they were captured by archive.org.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150314121441/http://www.modele-kartonowe.com/

Regards,

Charlie

papermate
12-09-2016, 06:17 AM
I have done the Bartel BM-6a months before you announced the opening of Contest #5,
is that okay to treat it as a valid entry?

Papermate

Skylane_182
12-09-2016, 12:23 PM
I still have the files for these Digital Navy Kits;

- Lightship Ambrose

- Lilla Wenda

- San Salvador

- V 108 Torpedo Boat

If someone has a way to host these files for download I would be more than happy to send the files. I would love to take a crack at Lilla Wenda and this contest is just the inspiration I need.

ViperPilot
12-10-2016, 02:54 PM
Skylane (and Toddlea),

Would Dropbox be a valid Option for hosting the Digital Navy files?

Alan :)

EDIT: Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will [attempt] to build the HMS Surprise by 'Rocketman Tan' for the Contest...

HMS Surprise Paper Model by RocketmanTan on DeviantArt (http://rocketmantan.deviantart.com/art/HMS-Surprise-Paper-Model-378020706)

3Turner
12-10-2016, 04:15 PM
It would probably be best to contact Digital Navy first for permission before hosting any of their kits anywhere else, even in a dropbox folder, for distribution. Besides, anyone can go to their page to download them where they are now hosted: Free Ship Paper Model Downloads | Modele kartonowe | Kartonmedell | Digitalnavy.com (http://www.digitalnavy.com/downloads.html)

ViperPilot
12-10-2016, 04:52 PM
Robert,

The San Salvador is the only Item that's Downloadable; the rest of the Links are inoperative...

Alan :)

ashevilleangler
12-10-2016, 07:22 PM
The link to the San Salvador on Roman's site is dead. The museum that hosts this model has moved the download to this link: https://sdmaritime.org/visit/the-ships/san-salvador/.

It's a very nice model and would make a great entry for this contest.

Curt

3Turner
12-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Send an email to Roman to ask if the others are available somewhere or can be hosted by someone or here on Paper Modelers. His contact emails are on the main page of Digital Navy.

Skylane_182
12-11-2016, 01:11 AM
I will try to get another email to him. I tried to contact him many months ago begging for a Crack at his beautiful Fletcher class destroyers. I never received a response. I would love to see his kits avaliable here for the community, Ambrose was my first paper model quickly followed by V 108. His kits are amazing, clean and great for introducing people to the hobby.

Rubenandres77
12-11-2016, 06:52 AM
Hello!

Since I wish to completely replace the stand base for the figure I am thinking of building for another one I made, I wonder how it is considered. Additional parts? Additional design? Extra detail?

I ask this because rule #3 can be a contradiction to what follows right below? Can additional parts be designed for the model in order to modify/detail it? Or must additional parts /details be taken from other existing kits (not a new design)?

3)...Model must exist as a complete download at the beginning of this contest. Sorry, no designing as you go.

All modifications are allowed. Recoloring, additional parts & extra detailing are all acceptable.

CMDRTED
12-11-2016, 07:27 AM
not an official answer but an opinion, the model itself must be a complete download and not a design as you go ie you have a downloadable rowboat, designed by joe dirt, it comes as a basic sides bottom seats rowboat. that's it the complete kit. now you design oars, life rings anchor etc that should be allowed. as you are designing the add on parts and not the original model.

VinceM
12-11-2016, 12:29 PM
That's the interpretation I'm reading, I have a rather plain ship model that I'm planning to add various greebles to, some made and a few borrowed elements.
Planning to give credit to all borrowed elements.

Toddlea
12-11-2016, 07:56 PM
As promised, here are the contest prizes:

1st Place
Answer - Fiat CR.42 Bi-plane 1:33
JSC - Zuiho Aircraft Carrier 1:400
Renova - HSW L-34 Loader 1:25
GPM - Bofors AA Gun 1:16 - Laser Cut

2nd Place
WAK - PZL P.50A Polish Fighter 1:33
Maly Modelarz - ORP Burza Destroyer 1:200
Orlik - T 40 Tank 1:25 - with Laser cut frames and tracks

3rd Place
GPM - Wirbelwind Flakpanzer 1:25
Modelik - Williams FW08C Indy Car 1:25
Model-Kom - Nebelwerfer Mortar Gun 1:25

4th Place
Maly Modelarz - PT-91 Tank 1:25
Modelik - Star LE 12180 Strait Truck 1:25

5th Place
Answer - Su76 Tank 1:25
TPN - Mercedes SSK Touring Car 1:24

As previously stated:
Entries will be judged by forum members by PM. Judging will remain open for 2 weeks after the end of contest so members may cast votes. - Prizes will be mailed week of winners announcement.

So go and build something...............6 months will go fast!!!!!!!!

papermate
12-12-2016, 06:58 AM
I have a question at Post #19 which has not been answered. I take it no answer means No! Bye.

Papermate

Toddlea
12-12-2016, 09:29 AM
I have a question at Post #19 which has not been answered. I take it no answer means No! Bye.

Papermate

Builds needed to be started no earlier that 12/6/16 to be accepted.

cp1963
12-12-2016, 07:02 PM
I've never had the chance to participate in one these contests before, and I think that this time I'm going to give it a shot. Don't know yet what I will build, but I'm planning on getting involved in this one. I figure, hey, if nothing else, I can be comic relief. This should be fun.

Rubenandres77
12-13-2016, 06:43 AM
not an official answer but an opinion, the model itself must be a complete download and not a design as you go ie you have a downloadable rowboat, designed by joe dirt, it comes as a basic sides bottom seats rowboat. that's it the complete kit. now you design oars, life rings anchor etc that should be allowed. as you are designing the add on parts and not the original model.

That makes sense indeed.

Toddlea
12-13-2016, 02:06 PM
I agree. That is exactly the spirit of the rules. These simple downloads can be magnificent with a few extras.

VinceM
12-20-2016, 01:54 PM
I've got a free model of an ocean liner which I plan to convert to it's armed troopship version. I have prints for 5" deck guns and naval maxim machine guns from a paid model, so my question is, can one use add-ons from a paid model for this contest, or must the add-ons also be free?
If all components must be from free models, does anyone have a link to a free WWI allied warship?

Toddlea
12-20-2016, 02:06 PM
I've got a free model of an ocean liner which I plan to convert to it's armed troopship version. I have prints for 5" deck guns and naval maxim machine guns from a paid model, so my question is, can one use add-ons from a paid model for this contest, or must the add-ons also be free?
If all components must be from free models, does anyone have a link to a free WWI allied warship?

You guys are always keeping me guessing. Start with the free kit. You can embellish and recolor all you want.

ashevilleangler
12-20-2016, 05:37 PM
I am hoping to use this contest as impetus to re-start the 'Mayfly" model for which Leif Ohlsson provided a beautiful set of plans. Since it is basically a "scratch-built" model and I have completed a small portion of it (the motor), is it allowed under the rules for this contest?

Thanks,

Curt

Toddlea
12-20-2016, 05:59 PM
I am hoping to use this contest as impetus to re-start the 'Mayfly" model for which Leif Ohlsson provided a beautiful set of plans. Since it is basically a "scratch-built" model and I have completed a small portion of it (the motor), is it allowed under the rules for this contest?

Thanks,

Curt
The model has to be a full download for everyone to access. If you design as you go, it is not applicable to this contest.

VinceM
01-02-2017, 12:40 PM
So where should entries post? In contests and competitions? Did you ask the moderators for a sub-folder?

darter
01-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Digital navy still have only one free download that works.

Toddlea
01-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Post entries in the corresponding folders. Aviation, the armory, ships and watercraft etc.So where should entries post? In contests and competitions? Did you ask the moderators for a sub-folder?

7TP
01-06-2017, 12:50 AM
Hi,
I'd like to ask if you allow painting and weathering models. I am going to participate in this competition with something heavy ;)

Toddlea
01-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Hi,
I'd like to ask if you allow painting and weathering models. I am going to participate in this competition with something heavy ;)
Yes. Absolutely.

Toddlea
02-05-2017, 11:44 AM
About 5 months to go. How's everyone doing? There's plenty of time to build something. Lots of great prizes to be had. Remember you can enter as may times as you want

Dabeer
02-05-2017, 12:08 PM
About 5 months to go. How's everyone doing? There's plenty of time to build something. Lots of great prizes to be had. Remember you can enter as may times as you want

Would a multi-model entry be permitted? I'm thinking of my 1/300 Space Race build series. There will be about 10-12 models, all somewhat simple, and all free. Other multi-model ideas that others might want to do might be dioramas that include multiple pieces from the same designer or in the same theme, e.g. the Alien APC and/or power loader and maybe the alien, too.

Toddlea
02-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Please review contest rules. You can enter as many times as you want. If you want a collection to be judged together, that is your choice.

Toddlea
03-15-2017, 04:34 PM
Beware the Ides of March!!!......just kidding. It's only a day unless your named Julius. How everyone doing? Little over 3 months to build. I'm still trying to find time to work on mine.

Lots of time......go build something.....and maybe you might win something cool.

Rubenandres77
03-15-2017, 05:42 PM
Beware the Ides of March!!!......just kidding. It's only a day unless your named Julius. How everyone doing? Little over 3 months to build. I'm still trying to find time to work on mine.

Lots of time......go build something.....and maybe you might win something cool.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/ruben77/icons/paranoico.gif
I'm very behind schedule because of school and real life.

Not even in 50%.
Don't think I will finish on time. Or ever. http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/ruben77/icons/cry.gif

Rubenandres77
04-06-2017, 10:57 AM
So, here are the rules
3) ...Model must exist as a complete download at the beginning of this contest. Sorry, no designing as you go. ...

Just a cuestion Toddlea...
This part of the rule means that no free downloads that appeared after the beginning of the contest are accepted?

I ask because I don't think I'll be able to finish the Moekami doll I started, but became interested in building a model that appeared just a few weeks ago as an official download.

Thanks!

Toddlea
04-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Just a cuestion Toddlea...
This part of the rule means that no free downloads that appeared after the beginning of the contest are accepted?

I ask because I don't think I'll be able to finish the Moekami doll I started, but became interested in building a model that appeared just a few weeks ago as an official download.

Thanks!
Well, I think if the download is available complete before you build, that is ok.

Marcin Jakubiec
04-09-2017, 06:55 AM
I want to add my model of Zastal 410d.

I haven't finnished yet, but You may follow building progress here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/railway-related-builds/38109-shunting-loco-zastal-410-free-model-1-45-a.html

Model should be done in june 2017 :)

Model i downloadable here: http://kartonowakolej.pl/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/410d_skala_1_25.pdf

I downsized my one from 1:25 to 1:45 and added a few improvements (texture paper, some wires etc.). Model will be painted and weathered.

Darwin
04-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Tod, now that I think I've broken through my two-year-long builder's block, I might as well jump into the deep end and play in your sandbox. Still having a masochistic mindset, my choice of model is Sergy Kamotsky's awesome railgun train. I started it three days ago and have managed to get one of the gun support platforms completed, so there is hope that I can get the entire train completed by the end of the contest.

Toddlea
04-10-2017, 09:22 AM
I started it three days ago and have managed to get one of the gun support platforms completed, so there is hope that I can get the entire train completed by the end of the contest.
I still have a bunch to do also. At the end date, I will put it to the forum to possibly extend contest.

VinceM
04-25-2017, 06:48 PM
Here's my entry (assuming it's done in time):

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraft/38444-toddleas-free-model-contest-5-usat-mount-vernon.html

Rubenandres77
05-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Here's my finished entry "Tokyo Tower - simple" by UHU for this contest:

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/architectural-models/38375-toddleas-free-model-contest-5-uhus-tokyo-tower-simple-version.html

I still don't know if I'll finish the other entry (Princess of the Crystal) on time.

Toddlea
06-18-2017, 12:06 AM
With about two weeks left for contest, how's everyone doing? Shall I extend the contest? I see a lot of great builds happening. I love to see all of them finished and maybe some new ones entered too. Please give me feedback.

Rubenandres77
06-18-2017, 07:07 AM
With about two weeks left for contest, how's everyone doing? Shall I extend the contest? I see a lot of great builds happening. I love to see all of them finished and maybe some new ones entered too. Please give me feedback.

Study is taking a lot of what used to be my paper-time.
I don't think I can finish my other model (the princess)
on time, and highly doubt I could finish it in a couple of
months more.

Still, I'd like to see the other ongoing builds finished,
and knowing the talent of the modelers here, I know
other people could join and show nice models.

Surely if you extend the context we'll be able to see
more nice things.

Darwin
06-18-2017, 12:09 PM
I would not object to an extension. Although I have completed the build of the train kit, some extra time would help to display it properly. Some real-life events have cut into the time I had planned for the diorama base. The most recent was my 55th high school reunion. I was highly disappointed with it....I expected to see a bunch of my friends, but someone brought in a whole bunch of old people.

VinceM
06-18-2017, 12:31 PM
I just finished the Mount Vernon, but it looks like others need a bit more time, so extension is fine with me. i actually wanted to put some more work into my model of the KPC in order to show the changes better.

Toddlea
06-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Contest will be extended with a completion date of 9/30/17 23:59 PST.
Good luck and keep building.

Rubenandres77
06-20-2017, 10:34 AM
September 30th, 2017.
Noted! Thanks a lot. http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/ruben77/icons/groupwave1.gif

I expect to see great builds by the other members. (there already are a couple I like a lot).
And I may even be able to finish my original entry.

Rubenandres77
08-20-2017, 12:06 PM
I finished my other entry for this contest: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/figurines-anime/37426-free-model-contest-5-moekamis-princess-crystal.html

Thanks a lot for expanding the deadline. :)

Toddlea
09-01-2017, 12:37 PM
30 days to go. How is everyone doing? Lots of great prizes to be had.

VinceM
09-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Here's my finished entry of the USS Mount Vernon:
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraft/38444-toddleas-free-model.html
Thanks Toddlea for hosting the contest.

Toddlea
10-01-2017, 10:35 PM
It's judging time!

I tried to make this as easy as possible. From the pictures below (please let me know if I missed anyone), decide which entry you feel should win first place by noting the entry number. Continue until you have selected a first through fifth place. PM me your selections. If an entrant is willing to enter and unfinished project, please let me know and I will add it in.

Judging is open to anyone registered in the forum. Please only one PM per registrant.

Refer to individual build threads for additional pictures.

Judging suggestions:

Rate entries based on craftsmanship including seams, accuracy and overall cleanliness.

Building speed and entry submission time shouldn't be a deciding factor.

Model difficulty also shouldn’t be a deciding factor. Simple models warrant the same consideration as more complicated ones.

The above suggestions are only suggestions. Please vote anyway you choose.

Voting ends midnight October 14th 23:59:59 PST. Votes will be tallied and posted as well as prizes awarded.

Rubenandres77
10-02-2017, 05:33 AM
Toddlea:

Charlie's steam engine was also finished for the contest, but you missed it ;) : http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/other-builds/38683-ed-bertschy-steam-engine-free-model-contest-5-a.html

I wonder if Eatcrow will enter his Sheik. He was doing a fine job and was almost finished.
Vince said he also finished the Mount Vernon. Would like to see more photos of it.
Darwin's Russian railgun was very advanced, and very nice. I'd also like to see it finished.

For reference, I think people will find it interesting if they look at the build threads.
Here they are in the same order as the photos in the previous post:

#1: Here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/architectural-models/38424-toddleas-free-model-contest-5-look-out-brdo.html
#2: Here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/figurines-anime/37426-free-model-contest-5-moekamis-princess-crystal.html
#3: Here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/architectural-models/38375-toddleas-free-model-contest-5-uhus-tokyo-tower-simple-version.html
#4: Here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/583812-post34.html
#5: Here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/zoo/37606-free-model-contest-5-johan-scherft-hummingbird.html
#6: here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/armory/37717-free-model-5-wak-jeffery-poplavko-armored-car.html
#7: Here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/railway-related-builds/38109-shunting-loco-zastal-410-free-model-1-45-a-2.html
#8: Here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/38132-free-model-5-wak-morane-saulnier-g.html

:)

Toddlea
10-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Pictures are from the instructions. Charlie hasn't built it yet to my knowledge.
Vince please post final pictures of your ship so I may add it in.

Wulf111
10-02-2017, 11:32 AM
i didnt know this was going on is it too late for me to enter a couple of mine.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/alternate-dimensions/38145-romulan-talon.html
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/alternate-dimensions/37757-klingon-k32-build.html

if it is just ignore this post. both are in the downloads section.

Darwin
10-02-2017, 12:11 PM
You also missed mine. http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/railway-related-builds/38325-russian-railgun-train-free-model-contest-5-a.html

I had hopes of making a nice diorama to show off the completed train, but life got in the way (not to mention badly spraining my right hand....twice). If it is OK at this point, I will try to get in a photo of the entire train.

Toddlea
10-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Please post a final picture and I will gladly add it.You also missed mine. http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/railway-related-builds/38325-russian-railgun-train-free-model-contest-5-a.html

I had hopes of making a nice diorama to show off the completed train, but life got in the way (not to mention badly spraining my right hand....twice). If it is OK at this point, I will try to get in a photo of the entire train.

Toddlea
10-02-2017, 12:29 PM
I will add these two to the contest. Welcome!i didnt know this was going on is it too late for me to enter a couple of mine.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/alternate-dimensions/38145-romulan-talon.html
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/alternate-dimensions/37757-klingon-k32-build.html

if it is just ignore this post. both are in the downloads section.

Darwin
10-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Thanks Tod. You might also want to add this one to the mix
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraft/38444-toddleas-free-model-contest-5-usat-mount-vernon.html
I don't think he ever posted that his build was done, but in my opinion he got enough complete that I would call it done....would be a shame not to have the most spectacular of the builds in the running.

Darwin
10-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Please post a final picture and I will gladly add it.

Ask and you shall receive. The focus isn't all it could be....guess the camera autofocus had a bit of an issue.

VinceM
10-03-2017, 02:33 AM
Thanks Tod. You might also want to add this one to the mix
I don't think he ever posted that his build was done, but in my opinion he got enough complete that I would call it done....would be a shame not to have the most spectacular of the builds in the running.

Thanks Darwin. Post # 65 in this thread, Sept. 04, I submitted my final post for the Mount Vernon.

VinceM
10-03-2017, 02:41 AM
I thought there were final pics in there, I'll submit them tonight.

VinceM
10-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Here's the entry pic. Thought I put it in a while back.

Toddlea
10-03-2017, 08:45 PM
So here's the entries. Anybody else I have missed?

rickstef
10-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Darwin's train

Rubenandres77
10-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Darwin's train
It's there, Rick. Photo #12 ;)

rickstef
10-03-2017, 09:01 PM
i think he added it when i was typing my reply

Toddlea
10-11-2017, 04:57 PM
I've heard from only five judges so far. Remember, anyone can judge entries. You can judge your own entries. All judging is anonymous. I will be taking PMs until 23:59:59 PST. Please support your fellow modelers and join in on the fun.

Wulf111
10-12-2017, 11:53 AM
maybe it would be better to set up a poll and link it to a main page so it is seen by everyone?

Toddlea
10-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Still taking judges for the contest. Several modelers are tied for places. Please help me to make the winners more final.

VinceM
10-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Today's the last day?

Kevin WS
10-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Yup. Don't be in a rush!

Start a new thread, with a poll, the pictures and a link to each of the build threads. Run it for a month!

Rubenandres77
10-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Yup. Don't be in a rush!

Start a new thread, with a poll, the pictures and a link to each of the build threads. Run it for a month!
I second that suggestion. Is a good idea.

VinceM
10-14-2017, 11:46 PM
Yes, if you didn't get enough responses, it may be good to run a poll. A couple more weeks anyway.

Toddlea
10-15-2017, 02:58 AM
The judges have spoken!
I would like to thank all the participants who contributed to the contest.

Congratulations to 7TP for First Place!

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/data/500/1st.jpg (http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12703&title=1st&cat=500)

Prizes awarded are:
Answer - Fiat CR.42 Bi-plane 1:33
JSC - Zuiho Aircraft Carrier 1:400
Renova - HSW L-34 Loader 1:25
GPM - Bofors AA Gun 1:16 - Laser Cut

2nd Place goes to Darwin!

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/data/500/2nd.jpg (http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12704&title=2nd&cat=500)

Prizes awarded are:
WAK - PZL P.50A Polish Fighter 1:33
Maly Modelarz - ORP Burza Destroyer 1:200
Orlik - T 40 Tank 1:25 - with Laser cut frames and tracks

Congratulations to VinceM for 3rd Place!

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/data/500/3rd.jpg (http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12705&title=3rd&cat=500)

Prizes awarded are:
GPM - Wirbelwind Flakpanzer 1:25
Modelik - Williams FW08C Indy Car 1:25
Model-Kom - Nebelwerfer Mortar Gun 1:25

Rubenandres777 takes 4th Place!

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/data/500/4th.jpg (http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12706&title=4th&cat=500)

Prizes awarded are:
Maly Modelarz - PT-91 Tank 1:25
Modelik - Star LE 12180 Strait Truck 1:25

5th Place goes to Marcin Jakubiec!

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/data/500/5th.jpg (http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12707&title=5th&cat=500)

Prizes awarded are:Answer - Su76 Tank 1:25
TPN - Mercedes SSK Touring Car 1:24

Congratulation to the winners and I will be contacting them concerning the prizes.

VinceM
10-15-2017, 07:03 AM
Thank you Todd for hosting this contest. I don't think I would have built the ship if it wasn't for this contest. It put the fire in me to research and detail it out. And congratulations to all the winners, there were a lot of really nice entries submitted.

Rubenandres77
10-15-2017, 07:40 AM
That was fun! It was nice to see different subjects in different styles.
It also was an opportunity to learn from others.

Same as Vince, I think I would not have built if it weren't for the contest. More than the prices, for me it was about the challenge to build and complete something.

Congratulations to all the winners. :)

Darwin
10-15-2017, 10:44 AM
I am sincerely honored. This contest brought me out of a two-year-long building funk. Any one of the winners could have been chosen first place and I would have had no argument with the selection....just glad that I wasn't the one in the hot seat to determine the order.

Marcin Jakubiec
10-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Wooow - I'm surpised :) Thank You very much :)