PDA

View Full Version : My armored car Laffly 50 AM

ct ertz
06-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I got this one from Ecardmodels.com (http://www.ecardmodels.com). It is a Laffly 50 AM armored car in France about 1931. As I sometimes do,I printed in Black and white on scrap card first to try the model out. I save my spendy color ink for after my practice build. As it turns out I wish I would have done full color as it came out real good. This model is a dream to make, dispite the 1:72 scale. I would like to do a better job on the tires next time.I used a pin and a broken sewing machine neddle for the cannon and machine gun.

Keds_Girl_Lala
06-24-2009, 02:05 PM
I like that very much. I buy two of the Russian armor cars like the Austin Pulitov for a diorama idea.

jmodule
06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
The model came out great for a trial run, and it's in my favorite scale too. :)

What are you using for the base? I'm assuming some sort of wood disk. I've seen it on some of your other models and it adds a nice touch.

ct ertz
06-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks. I do us a bit of wood, sanded and riged to hang with a couple of small pins. Pins leave smaller holes in the wall, and paper models are light enough even with a wood base.

KGL, I down loaded a few Armored cars from that Russian site you posted a link too and I am giving them a try next.

rockpaperscissor
06-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Very nice job CT. I like your idea of mounting the finished models to a wall.. I'm rapidly running out of room on my mantle. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Keds_Girl_Lala
06-25-2009, 06:49 PM
KGL, I down loaded a few Armored cars from that Russian site you posted a link too and I am giving them a try next.

I would like to see that. I look agaiin at my Austin armor car but the colors are not accurate and it is render in a way I can not change them. The model its resolution is poor. Perhaps I will paint the model but I do not want to do so.

ct ertz
06-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Yes, the one I am doing is all white, and shrunk down to 4x6 inch index card size. But still a good build. I will get some pictures soon.