PDA

View Full Version : Clermont

cdavenport
06-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Ked's Girl expressed an interest in Fulton's Nautilus. I haven't built that kit.

I built the Clermont a couple of years ago for my son, Avery. It's from a CD by Delta 7 Studios called the Nautical Legacy of Robert Fulton that includes models of his designs including the Nautilus.

The Clermont is about 6-7 inches long and mounted on a printout provided as part of the historical documentation included on the CD. There is quite a bit of detail built into the model. I had only to add a main spar, simple rigging, and some plumbing details from wire.

You will notice that I did not bother to cut out the rails; it was just a school project and I did not want to waste the time. Nevertheless, it makes a cute little display piece.

All in all a value-added product that I heartily recommend.

Michael Mash
06-25-2009, 05:55 AM
Nice work. Lots of detail packed into 6-7 inches.
Mike

zot
06-25-2009, 06:11 AM
I'm glad to see this. I have been wondering if the CD would be worth ordering. Now I think I'll go ahead and make the purchase.

buffalowings
06-25-2009, 06:41 AM
it looks very petite :)

Phil
06-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Nice! I have the Cleremont from Micromodels USA which I ordered several years ago...now you have me thinking about it.

Keds_Girl_Lala
06-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Thank you also for sharing that picture. The model and your work it is very good. Sadly I want for the model to be larger than 6". I was hoping for it to be perhaps twice that size. I will not buy now that I know the size sadly.

Maltedfalcon
06-25-2009, 11:26 AM
This was my first Micromodel Design,
I blew it up to match the scale of the Demologos and the North River.
The Nautilus is a much larger scale.

I learned from designing these models that Robert fulton while a business genius had no real idea about hydrodynamics.

Matt Sparks