PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrades

Jason
06-26-2009, 09:37 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the forum offline or down for a bit this week. While we upgrade the forum, portal page, gallery and download section. While there might be some changes to the forum, they should be small as most for the upgrades are for security reason. Please keep an eye on this thread if you encounter any problems so see if anyone else has encountered the same problems. I would like to thank everyone in advance for your understanding and for being a member.

Jason

cgutzmer
06-27-2009, 06:28 AM
thanks for the heads up Jason! Its greatly appreciated to know when these things are going to happen!
Chris

Jason
06-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Ok, the forum software, portal page have been upgraded. The links section is now online for moderators. I have created the tabs to go into the header, but will hold off till we get the directory structure we want setup. So I still have the gallery, download section, and SEO left to work on. As well as a couple minor issues. If you encounter any problems or issues, please let me know. Also if you find any new functionality, please drop me a line.

Jason

redhorse
06-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I think I like this upgrade! The next button on the photos is really nice, Thanks!!

Padre
06-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey, I noticed some neat little additions! Good work making the site better, THANKS!:)

UncleDave
06-28-2009, 11:17 AM
why the albums pictures on my profile are missed?? :-(

Michael Mash
06-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Uncle Dave is right. My album images seem to have disappeared as well.
Will they return?
Mike

rickstef
06-28-2009, 02:50 PM
UncleDave, Michael,

Did you create the album under your user profile?
or did you create it in the main Gallery?

If you created it in your user profile, that might not have survived the upgrade.

Please confirm if you did it that way

Rick

Michael Mash
06-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Yes Rick: Mine was created under my user profile. Has the "albums" feature there in the members profile been discontinued?
Mike

Jason
06-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi Guys,

The "albums" is another option in the software that should never been enabled. It seems it was added with the last upgrade and by default was turned on. Which would be find if we did not have the gallery. Having both enabled does not really make sense and the gallery has way more features. If you would like, I could see if there is a way to move the photos that were stored in you albums to your gallery? Please let me know.

Jason

UncleDave
06-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Ah!! i've uploaded the pics 2 days a go......I dont know......60 pics limit, pic format limits, long times of upload...really...maybe next week....

JOINT THE FACEBOOK PAGE OF PAPERMODELERS.COM!!!!
(that for me it's a great idea!!!)

rickstef
06-28-2009, 04:24 PM
David,

Please try to create an album here on the site, under the Gallery tab.
If you could this, and tell us if you run into any problems, we know it worked prior to the upgrade.

The photo album on this site's page is for Pictures of the Week.

Rick

UncleDave
07-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Dear Rick and Jason I've tried to upload a 'bit of pictures (in size limits) but he show me a "error code" after the upload finish, then the picture are in the queue files. maybe i make a mistake in the settings?! I create the album, the name, description, destination "album gallery", (public), and upload files. can you help me?

cgutzmer
07-05-2009, 06:58 PM
UncleDave - what is the filesize of the image you are uploading?
Thanks
Chris

UncleDave
07-05-2009, 07:02 PM
1.5 / 1.9 mb for picture!

Jason
07-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Well that is under the 2MB limit. I have yet to upgrade the gallery software, so that can not be the problem. Do you remember the exact error message you received? It will help me track down the problem if I have it as I am not sure where the problem may be?

Jason

UncleDave
07-06-2009, 08:10 AM
THIS IS THE MESSAGE WHEN I TOUCH THE PICS IN QUEUE: Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/papermod/public_html/gallery/bulkupload.php on line 539

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

UncleDave
07-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Jason thanks for the the quick support!!!
Now it's work! I'm sure that i've make a mistake on filesize!! :P