PDA

View Full Version : .msh files to ---

Vortex_4200
07-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Does anyone know a program that can convert .MSH to MQO, OBJ or some way that it can be read by metasequoia?

I have tried several programs even 3ds max that I thought it could convert the files but to no good.

GaryPilsworth
07-01-2009, 06:40 AM
over on the other site "Z" pastic bonsai wrote a program that converts msh file to DXF which can open in matasequoia .try sending him a PM and ask him to post it here or email it to you

Gearz
07-01-2009, 06:43 AM
That all depends where the .msh files come from Vortex ?, I think there are a few variants of the format. Plastic Bonsai's brilliant little UMC2 program does a pretty good job of converting most of them to .mqo

Ummm.. I don't think he has it hosted here..? it was hosted at zealot in the download > tools section.

Gearz
07-01-2009, 06:44 AM
lol beat me to it :p

Vortex_4200
07-01-2009, 07:07 PM
I did get the UMC program... but cannot get it to work on my computer, and I cannot get pastic bonsai email addy because of someone over at Z is limiting my account access... can't even see any pics of any of the new designs and ect...

rickstef
07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Plastic Bonsai is a member here

Plastic Bonsai
07-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Yo! (can I say that?).

Quite a few people have problems running UMC2. It's not very slick - it doesn't work if you unzip it to your desktop ( a recent problem somene had). Unzip it in a simple directory C:\umc2 perhaps and double click on the .exe and it should fire up. See if you can then load the example .mod in the models directory. If that's OK try your other models - but it must be in a high directory (i.e. keep the path name short - park in UMC2 perhaps) with no "." in the name or more than the normal one "." in the file names (including textures).

There is a "how to run" in the accompanying notes.

It works with Orbiter .msh files - I dare say there are other formats using ".msh".

I'll gladly offer it to be hosted here. I have fixed the pathname and "." issue but computer and life has gone "phutt" at the moment so I may be some time getting back to it.

Let me know how it goes.

Vortex_4200
07-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Does anyone have the UMC2 program??
Please PM me. :)

Plastic Bonsai
07-05-2009, 12:52 AM
UMC2 1.3 is now available in the download area in the Self Help Library. It's the same as the one elsewhere except this one isn't corrupted.