PDA

View Full Version : Galactica Raptor

silveroxide
07-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I downloaded the plans from J-Leslie a while back. His model is a basic build and a wonderful piece to modify. This model has drastic make-over and I hope that you enjoy the build.

I copied the instrumentation from a H-64 Blackhawk, It has that futuristic digital read outs.

Constructed bulkheads for the cab and cabin.

All of the inside is scratch built and built as I went. I do not have any templates for the build.

Zathros
07-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I built that model. Mine was just a shell. Yours is fantastic. Have you considered making the parts available as a supplement to the kit. It really brings the model into a whole new level. I love anything BSG and your interpretation of the model is excellent!

silveroxide
07-02-2009, 09:57 PM
I built that model. Mine was just a shell. Yours is fantastic. Have you considered making the parts available as a supplement to the kit. It really brings the model into a whole new level. I love anything BSG and your interpretation of the model is excellent!

I considered that a bit late in the build. I would have to do the model over again and make the parts more feasible. This model was like a beta build except that I did not make templates for the extra parts. I may still do it but I have a lot on my plate right now and I do one model at a time. I tried doing multiple threads and it gets confusing some times.

jeanma
07-02-2009, 10:12 PM
i like it :)

silveroxide
07-02-2009, 10:18 PM
i like it :)

Jeanma, Did You built this model? I think it was on the French paper model site. if you did, I copied the build thread and used it to help me build the shell for this Model.

René
07-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Hello silveroxide,

that´s a very cool looking model. your addons are beautiful and revalue this model to the next level.

René

bf109
07-03-2009, 03:59 AM
great job and a good idea using that cockpit

silveroxide
07-03-2009, 06:28 AM
I bunched the pics so I could make a fast Thread.

I made a bunch of little details from BSG Raptor pics/archives

The Tail section was a little flimsy, So A base was made to make for better adhesion.

Like on the radome, rounded or concaved the top of the tail section.

Discarded the original engines and scratched built them. I used the width of a AA battery and cut strips to make the raised surface. Laminated small strips for the protrusions in the engines. I used downloaded pics of the engines and cut and pasted until I got the strips for the engine skin on the ribs as well as the indented engine.

The hardest part that had me stumped, was that concave canopy. I used a blister pack and bent carefully until I got the desired effect.

So this is another done thread. If you want the viper M-II done the BSG way and My way, let me know. There is a hangar build with the vipers:):)

kjev
07-03-2009, 10:50 PM
May I make a suggestion?

If you do decide to do a supplemental kit, why not forward a copy to Jaybats, and mention it as a way to say thank you for all his work. Your work is awesome, and I'm sure he'd be pleased with it.

K'Jev
:cool:

Commander Adama
08-28-2009, 06:07 PM
I remeber this build, ecxellent additions all arround.:)

Husker

silveroxide
08-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the other side Husker. I knew that you would show up here eventually. Are you going to try that hangar bay again over here?

Commander Adama
08-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes, I am and will post pic's of the previous build. Working on some changes to add a launch cotrol center between the tubes.

silveroxide
08-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Keep in mind that the majority of the guys over here were over there and have seen most of those builds. But it is good to bring them over for posterity.

Wyvern
08-31-2009, 02:16 PM
SilverO,

are you going to add a scale Athena and Helo to the crew stations? This is so good it looks like a filming set!

Wyvern

silveroxide
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Unfortunately I am not skilled in sculpting. I have thought about getting some of those game pieces from starship troopers and redoing them as the Galactica Marines. They are about 1/48 scale which is close enough.