PDA

View Full Version : 1:12 Victorian Dining Set

milhistory
02-11-2018, 07:41 PM
Hello All:

I submit a preliminary photo of a model I recently completed. I designed all parts in Inkscape, a free and open source vector editor. I will post more photos once I set up proper lighting.

Brad

elliott
02-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Your preliminary photo looks very good Brad. The dining set appears to be the right thickness, not clunky. I really like the chairs. Looking forward to further pics.

Burning Beard
02-11-2018, 09:25 PM
That is very nice, well proportioned.

Beard

C9B
02-12-2018, 10:47 AM
This is terrific. The lighting reminds me of the Victorian home I have visited—kind of dark with a yellow cast from dim lighting. Very well done model. Our public library provides access to Lynda.com and I’ve been trying to learn Inkscape by working through the course. You’ve inspired me to work harder. Look forward to more pics.
Jon

whulsey
02-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Good work. Will agree with C9B about the lighting that it looks period appropriate.

milhistory
02-12-2018, 12:44 PM
This is terrific. The lighting reminds me of the Victorian home I have visited—kind of dark with a yellow cast from dim lighting. Very well done model. Our public library provides access to Lynda.com and I’ve been trying to learn Inkscape by working through the course. You’ve inspired me to work harder. Look forward to more pics.
Jon

I have to admit the light is simply the result of poor lighting conditions. I will keep your comments in mind, though, as I set up for final photos.

I teach Inkscape and paper model design to a class of high schoolers. Except for textures, I find Inkscape to be on par, and sometimes exceeding, commercial programs like Corel Draw.