PDA

View Full Version : Halinski Callout

dansls1
07-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I've been considering this for a while. In a ton of threads, I see people who are scared, intimidated or otherwise hesitant to build the beautiful kits issued by the top-end publishers, and Halinski specifically more than others. So this thread is for the person with whatever number of Hal kits sitting on the shelf but who has never built one. Yes, I know that applies to a number of you!
So - here's the challenge - build your first Halinski, and include a build thread!
As this is a challenge, and not a contest as such - the 'prize' will apply to all that join - and it will be the pride of finishing something you've put off, the camaraderie of trying something new and exciting with a couple of mates and the joy the 'ooh's and aah's you will get from the peanut gallery. ;)
So maybe this thread will bring one or 2 of you out of the woodwork to join the 'my first Halinski' build threads :)

ccoyle
07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Dan,

I am totally on board with this one, but I need to get a few things out of the way first. Gotta finish the He-51W (honey-do's have kept me off-task for a week :mad: ), and I'm waiting for Krys at Paper Model Store to (hopefully) pick up some laser-cut frames. Oh, and probably should finish the CR.42, too. Looking at a sometime in the fall start date, but anxious to see what others will start up.

Cheers!

buffalowings
07-08-2009, 07:39 AM
the prize doesn't sound very rewarding:D

Tim Crowe
07-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Sounds interesting. I have two to build; P-51D of the P-47D:)

Trouble is I can't decide which :(

Tim

B-Manic
07-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Sounds interesting Dan - but the only Halinski kits I have are tanks. What is the timeline on this?

redhorse
07-08-2009, 07:09 PM
OK, just counted. I've got 22 Halinskis :D

Shortly, I should be building one - just need to decide which kit. (Shortly is a relative term, I need to finish something first)

buffalowings
07-08-2009, 08:00 PM
OK, just counted. I've got 22 Halinskis :D

Shortly, I should be building one - just need to decide which kit. (Shortly is a relative term, I need to finish something first)

do you have the laser cut parts and canopies for all 22? I would build a halinski kit but first I need to get one:D

redhorse
07-08-2009, 08:32 PM
No laser cut parts yet and no canopies either, but over half are ships and tanks. Plus I want to try my hand at making canopies one of these years...

dansls1
07-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Sounds interesting Dan - but the only Halinski kits I have are tanks. What is the timeline on this?

Since it's just a 'callout' challenge, the timeline is whatever timeline you make for yourself ;) I just was hoping for some more newbies to the Hal kits to join me in jumping in the deep end, so to speak ;)

The Orange
07-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Cool! I think I might give this a try sometime. I have a Tomcat sitting in the pile....

shrike
07-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Well, I did say my next build was going to be a cantilever monoplane, but I was thinking of something simpler.
But being the contest whore that I seem to be becoming can I pass this one up?
I actually only have 4 Halinski kits
He-219 - 1996 un-Halinskishly simple, but big
C.202 - 2005 Didn't someone do a build thread on this one?
MS 406 - 2006 It's French

Any opinons?

ccoyle
07-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Any opinons?

Yes...package the 202 and 406 carefully and mail them to me. ;)

Seriously, though, none of those aircraft strike a particular chord with me. I'd be happy to see any one of them built.

dansls1
07-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Tim - I have the P51D - personally I think the cockpit bits are too shiney - so before I build it I want to fix that. There are a number of builds of it around the web. The only P47 build I recall is the scale-up by rlwitt here (http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147137&highlight=halinski).
Shrike - Macchi C202 Folgore (Halinski) - Zealot Hobby Forum (http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140859&highlight=halinski), Macchi C202 Folgore (Halinski) 1:33 (cont'd) - Zealot Hobby Forum (http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140893&highlight=halinski), Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um's Kartonmodell... | abgeschlossene Bauberichte | Halinski 1:33 Morane Saulnier 406 C1 [Fertig/ done] (http://www.kartonbau.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=12232&hilight=halinski+406). My personal opinion, I like the MS 406 better - better colors and it's just a more attractive plane, IMHO. I don't own either (any of the 3 really), so I can't comment more than that ;)

buffalowings
07-09-2009, 08:04 AM
guys, I WAS going to buy a halinski but in the end I bought a GPM Ta 152, GPM JU 87 D3 and a modelik OL 49, I predict the OL 49 is going to be huge!!

does anyone know where to get the laser cut frames/parts? papermodelstore has some but not all, canopies as well

milenio3
07-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Dan a very good idea!!

Maybe we on our 2nd or 3th Halinskis are also up to the challenge.

buffalowings
07-09-2009, 08:29 AM
guys, I WAS going to buy a halinski but in the end I bought a GPM Ta 152, GPM JU 87 D3 and a modelik OL 49, I predict the OL 49 is going to be huge!!

does anyone know where to get the laser cut frames/parts? papermodelstore has some but not all, canopies as well

also, are the kits that I bought computer drawn?

dansls1
07-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Dan a very good idea!!

Maybe we on our 2nd or 3th Halinskis are also up to the challenge.

Anything to see another build of yours is good for me :D