PDA

View Full Version : Recent thread filters

Gharbad
07-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I just got back from a few days in the woods, and come back to 1400 posts :)
Obviously it's much, much busier than it once was, and the recent thread list on the home page is not as useful as it used to be.

I think it'd be great if you could select which subforums appear on the list, since I'm not all that interested in several categories.

With the current arguments going on, I'm sure many would like to avoid those as well and without the list I wouldn't even be aware of them. Not that I enjoy ignorance but if you read it once you don't really need to continue... just filter that stuff out for a few days.

GreMir
07-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Kuba,
It's being considered
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/suggestion-box/4116-looking-preset-button-noise-filter.html

Gharbad
07-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Ah, thanks.
Wow, how did I miss that...

Don Boose
07-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Welcome back, Kuba!

I am GLAD to see you here again and look forward to your next build.

I'll be using that filter system, too (he said in a small, timid voice).

Don

Gil
07-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Tune out for a couple of days and look what happens. . . ,

For want of a better word the term "Presets" seems to be best suited for the purpose and is now under consideration the powers to be.

+Gil

cgutzmer
07-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I found a suitable solution and presented it to Jason. he needs to do testing, installing and whatnot - its a busy time for him so it may be a bit :)
Chris

Gharbad
07-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks Don (though it'll take a while to adjust to a lack of boosed!)

Glad to see we're all on the same page. I'm going to go make a dent in the Dauntless right after I do some unpacking.

rickstef
07-10-2009, 02:50 PM
What?

You go away, and don't take your laptop with you, and mooch off the local wifi?

sheesh :P

Rick

Don Boose
07-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Kuba --

"I'm going to go make a dent in the Dauntless."

This reminds me of a story I have told here before. When I was on the JCS staff in the early 80s, one of my colleagues was an Air Force F-16 pilot who had enjoyed a three-year stint as an exchange officer with the Navy, flying off carriers.

After three years of carrier bounces, he returned to the USAF and was assigned to a squadron at Clark Field. On his very first flight he (thought) he had really greased that F-16 onto the runway, but he got a call from the tower: "You'll have to report a hard landing, sir."

I turned to another colleague, a Navy attack pilot, and asked, "What do you call a 'hard landing' in the Navy?"

He replied: "When you have to swim back to the boat."

Looking forward to seeing the final (and undented) Dauntless.

Don

birder
07-11-2009, 10:13 AM
That's a good story, Don!!:)

ct ertz
07-11-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't mess around with filters or ignore buttons. First, because I am afraid I will miss something good. But mostly, I am so computer dumb that I would probably end up ignoring myself, then get up set if I could not find any of my posts.

Same reason I do not work on cars. I fixed the brakes once on my '80 Ford station wagon-you now the one, big v-8 engine hidden in a nerdy wood paneled monstrosity-well any how the brakes came out working fine until the wheel fell off. My wife changes the oil and brakes in our Trailblazer these days. Go figure...

Cars and computers...two things I just don't get. I can-and have-made firearms from scratch, built my own ACW cannon, and worked as a CNC mill operator in a job shop for a time, but when it comes to the mechanics of cars or the programing of computers I just don't get it...
CT

Gharbad
07-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Every time I try to play a flight sim I can't stick a landing... on carriers I tend to hit the side of the ship. Any landing with no explosions is a good landing for me :)

CT: Computers are really annoying, I'm pretty sick of dealing with issues. So much bad software and far too many unintuitive problems. I'm not exactly computer illiterate either, I've been fixing, building, and programming for many [8?] years.