PDA

View Full Version : How to Exclude specific forums from "New (or Unread) Posts"

Jason
07-10-2009, 06:47 PM
In your UserCP, select Edit Options and scroll down to the bottom.

In the box labeled "Exclude Forums from "Get New Posts" you may select as many forums as you want to not be included when you click the New Posts link. ALL posts made in that forum will be excluded! (Note: These forums will still be included on regular searches)

If you want to select multiple forums, press CTRL while choosing each forum.

Click Save when complete

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/images/other/tutorial_exclude_from_01.gif

dansls1
07-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Nice update Jason - thanks and thanks for everything you do providing this forum for us :D

cgutzmer
07-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I wont be excluding anything myself (as I think mods should not) but its nice to know the option is there! Thanks for getting that in so quickly!
Chris

Golden Bear
07-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Ahhh. Thank you very much.

I'd already found a solution by "ignore"-ing the correct people... now, can a fix be put in so that posts by ignored people don't show up when I click "new posts?"

Let's see how the sled rides for a while now.

Jason
07-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks for getting that in so quickly!

I had it on my list of things to add, but it always seemed to get bumped. Seemed like the time was right, and then there was this little voice.... ;)

Jason

dansls1
07-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Heh - I think there was more than one and they weren't so little :D

(Although I'm w/ Chris - I tend to at least scan every thread as timely as I can).

EricGoedkoop
07-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks, Jason!

Barry
07-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Thank you it works well

Gharbad
07-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Awesome, I got a same day delivery ;)
Thanks!

Golden Bear
07-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Ok, is this intended?

I implemented it and excluded the sci-fi forum - but I still want to look at posts there. There are just too many at the start.

So I go back to the root Papermodelers and it doesn't show up there in the list of forums. I still would like easy access, just not necessarily so much in my face right away. Make sense?

Carl

Gil
07-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Jason,

Yeah, I know, nag, nag, nag. . . ,

It still shows up on the home page.

Any chance that it can be asserted there too?

+Gil

birder
07-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks Jason, timely as ever

GreMir
07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks Jason.

Jason
07-10-2009, 11:19 PM
It still shows up on the home page.

Any chance that it can be asserted there too?

+Gil

I could look into that, but it would not be right away. If my thinking is correct, it would require me recoding it as it is designed to show the last X number of posts to the forum. It would also put a higher load on the server as it is only currently updated every minute or so where as it would have to be generated on the fly for each member according to what forums they have that show.

Jason

Art Deco
07-11-2009, 05:59 AM
Very glad to see this feature, thank you for the enhancement, Jason! :)

THE DC
07-11-2009, 11:07 AM
We appreciate another button for our remote controls to you site! Good solution.

I appreciate even more your respect for your members. You are a good host [in the true irish sense of the term...],

The DC