PDA

View Full Version : As seen on Stingray and Fanderson Thread

peter taft
07-12-2009, 09:31 AM
for those who haven't yet popped in on us at the STINGRAY AND FANDERSON thread by GIXERGS - I give you the one and only SEAVIEW - Original design by the guy we choose to call THE MASTER, the one and only GARY PILSWORTH. I made this with all the love in the world because she is one hell of a GORGEOUS SUB from the hit T.V series " VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA " i added a few bits here and there, but without the original design it wouldn't have been possible... Thanks Gary :D The Flying sub from the same series {i once again have forgotten the name of her designer} is a DOWN-SCALE to go with the Seaview which is an UP-SCALE of the original. The SKYDIVER 1 is also a Gary Pilsworth model. The Seaview is available in the DOWNLOAD SECTION as too are other models by this great guy :D I hope you like it and perhaps pay us a visit at the above thread.

cdwheatley
07-12-2009, 02:27 PM
That looks familiar! :D Not that I'm complaining of course - it's still just as jaw droppingly beautiful no matter how many times I see it :). I still can't believe how smooth you got it all though - amazing! Look forward to your next build Pete, I'm certain it'll be up to your usual high standards.

Rick Thomson
07-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Voyage to the bottom of the sea, one of my favourite series as a kid. I had a plastic toy model of the Seaview, which I wold release from under the water so that it would nake the same surfacing splash as in the movie...very cool to my young eyes. How the crew would have made out in such a manover never crossed my young mind at the time.

peter taft
07-12-2009, 05:17 PM
That looks familiar! :D Not that I'm complaining of course - it's still just as jaw droppingly beautiful no matter how many times I see it :). I still can't believe how smooth you got it all though - amazing! Look forward to your next build Pete, I'm certain it'll be up to your usual high standards.

Thanks once again Chris. Just for those wondering - the smooth front was achieved by a little but brilliant suggestion made by my mate Phil - GIXERGS, it's a mix of very fine paper dust with pva adhesive - like papiermache smoothed over the joints then sanded to a smooth finish - simple but effective - but a wee bit messy, worth it though :D I look forward to your next build also matey... that will be special ;)

peter taft
07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Voyage to the bottom of the sea, one of my favourite series as a kid. I had a plastic toy model of the Seaview, which I wold release from under the water so that it would nake the same surfacing splash as in the movie...very cool to my young eyes. How the crew would have made out in such a manover never crossed my young mind at the time.

I loved this too, but the sad thing i never managed to get a model of the sub when i was a wee lad, but thanks to Gary i now have - he's brilliant :D Still watch all this stuff on good old YOU TUBE :)

peter taft
08-16-2009, 10:21 AM
The waters just got even busier - Here's my Thunderbird 4 in the mix... One hell of a rescue effort :D

paulhbell
08-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Nice pic, getting a good collection in the pic. I know it's not anderson, but I'd love to see a DSV seaquest in the background.

peter taft
08-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Nice pic, getting a good collection in the pic. I know it's not anderson, but I'd love to see a DSV seaquest in the background.

Nice idea... I think we'd finish up with a montage of subs and no ocean :eek: and all of the crews screaming " But i was here first... it's my rescue mission " :D

jacberk
08-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I was keeping following the Fandersons thread over at that 'Z' place, but got sidetracked in the change over.

I grew up on Supercar and Fireball XL5! But that was all we got here in Hillbilly Heaven until Space 1999 hit the airwaves.

I also love the Master's (GP) models, especially the 2001 ones.

Again, thanks for the prompt for us lazy readers.

Jack

davelant
08-17-2009, 10:34 AM
I appreciate the update from the "Stingray and Fanderson Thread," because I haven't quite got around to reading the whole thing. Maybe someday when I have a few days off work. It's so big, so intimidating, and the unorthodox use typography is unsettling.