PDA

View Full Version : Spartan PV-1 Ventura repaint

yukonjohn
11-03-2018, 11:50 PM
Finally got the test build done. Sorry, props are out for overhaul :rolleyes:, but most else is there. Done with optional one-piece stab which is in the kit. Will send to Aaron for his consideration in next couple of days after some minor adjustments.

Original kit is Murph's Models Lockheed PV-1 Ventura. Did I mention I love the way this Ventura kit goes together :).

Regards,
John

yukonjohn
11-03-2018, 11:53 PM
Sorry, duplicate post. Please delete.

John

murphyaa
11-04-2018, 12:38 AM
I like this one. Shoot it on over.

Don Boose
11-04-2018, 06:54 AM
Beautiful airplane and a beautiful model, John.

This Ventura makes a good companion to your Murph Mosquito recolor of CF-HMS.

A little Googling around indicates that Spartan Air Services flew a LOT of different airplanes.

I also came across a reference to the Ventura Memorial Flight and the project to restore Spartan Ventura CF-FAV (VPNAVY - Ventura Memorial Flight Association Main Summary Page - VP Patrol Squadron (http://www.vpnavy.com/vmfa_mem.html)), which crashed in 1953 (https://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19530418-0).

It's good that you are preserving these historic Canadian aircraft in paper, John. Keep 'em flying.

Don

yukonjohn
12-18-2018, 12:29 PM
This Ventura makes a good companion to your Murph Mosquito recolor of CF-HMS. A little Googling around indicates that Spartan Air Services flew a LOT of different airplanes.
Don

Just remembered that my first Spartan Air Services repaint was actually a Fiddlersgreen Piasecki H-21.

Thanks for your compliments.

Regards,
John

murphyaa
12-18-2018, 12:58 PM
Which is kinda funny, because I designed that one too.

yukonjohn
12-18-2018, 01:01 PM
You were a closet Spartan Air supporter and didn't even know it :).

John

MacSongLi
12-18-2018, 01:48 PM
Great looking H-21, John. Nice work.

Gary

yukonjohn
12-18-2018, 09:39 PM
Thanks Gary. I also have the Spartan Lancaster and PBY on the list of Murph repaints if I live long enough. And then there is the Spartan Alan Rose DC-3 that has been clunking around forever.

Regards,
John

Don Boose
12-19-2018, 06:57 AM
I look forward to seeing this paper airline continue to materialize.

The H-21 is a real beauty. I am used to seeing the dear old banana in Army olive drab. I only had one flight in an H-21, in Korea in 1962, but they were still around during my early years in the Army.

Don

nikischutt
12-20-2018, 11:41 PM

Aaron, I think it's time for another helicopter.