PDA

View Full Version : Lm002

BDSCRPN
08-01-2009, 02:03 AM
Just figured I'd post one I'm getting ready to clean up for Modeling out of card stock.

I've always liked this SUV ever since someone gave me a Dupont Registry way back in mid 80s or so. Still have some of the clippings which is part of how I was able to model this plus some other pics I got from and owner. The owner was also kind enough to allow me to take pics of various detail areas I needed as well. Not sure what color I will make it or if I will keep as much detail for the card model but need a considerable amount of clean up prior to prep for pepa or any other unfolding.

Please feel free to give me some feedback. And yes this is the Lamborghini SUV!:)

rickstef
08-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Ah the Rambo Lambo

I would like the car in Red, that is the first color I had seen on this car

Rick

BDSCRPN
08-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I was actually thinking red anyway! So red it is. I'll post some pics of it in red later. Plus it does have an interior and engine bay. I'll post updates a little later today hopefully. Got some pc hardware work to do on several machines here at the house in prep to move.

BDSCRPN
08-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Updated pics for you

rickstef
08-01-2009, 10:28 PM
looks good, what scale will it be?

BDSCRPN
08-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Based on it's current detailing prob somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/18 scale but, may end up removing a little detail work and making available as a smaller project. Who knows may even end up doing both. Since my Frenzy model is going to take considerably longer and have finally gotten back around to dusting off this one. Had to dust it off since I saw one used in the new Fast and Furious movie towards the end.

dansls1
08-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I remember seeing this at the auto show back in the '80's (and do you call it an SUV when it came out when the term wasn't really in use yet?). It was pretty funny looking in person. I only remember ever seeing silver ones - but red looks good.

legion
08-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Back then, i think they just used the term 'Jeep' or tractor for it. The latter makes the most sense, as Lamborgini made tractors before supercars. But in red it does look the best. Nice work.

nosports
08-02-2009, 12:54 PM
That was the first SUV ever ...

before the BMW, before Cherocce....

BDSCRPN
08-02-2009, 08:35 PM
I don't think it was the first SUV. What about the Blazers and the broncos. Think they rank up there somewhere in the first SUV type category. Thanks for the compliments. hey and I'll be happy to make one in silver. Also You'll notice this is one of the ones with the OZ rims. Which does make it an EFI model And this one was based off of a 1990s with Auto trans. I do have a question for anyone interested in answering. Since this vehicle came in several color configurations one of which included the vents on the hood to be body colored and another for them to be black. Which would you prefer to see I have no particular preference. It won't take much to change it. Since I'm cleaning up components anyway.

On another note. I have been reworking this model the last couple of days in Sketchup which is rather limited from my Max or Blender or Metasequoia. I was wondering does anyone know of or have a good chrome texture for sketchup 7. I need one anyway for some other projects. Actually any good shiny smooth metal reflective surface colors would be good.

rickstef
08-02-2009, 08:38 PM
include both color options for those inclined

BDSCRPN
08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
I think I can do that. Appreciate the input. So it seems that I'm going to have to make sure I get this one done next I've had more responses on this that others on any other site that I visit. Although I would have to say i visit this one more often now due to seems to be more lively group. Keep up the good job people.

Also Rick I think I have some Dakar models floating around you may be interested in. I know when we talked couple of years back when we spoke that was a prominent point of yours and I noticed the link under your post to. I'll let you know once I finish sorting through the few texture I do have on my portable drive.

rickstef
08-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Ok great, cool to hear

If you need a beta builder for the LM002, let me know