PDA

View Full Version : Before you ask...

Phil
09-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I have removed my website. Every day since I got it, I have been correcting elements that hackers have messed up, and I just do not want to work that hard to give stuff away for free.

All the toys I made before this post have retired, I am okay with you guys sharing them (for free that is) with each other, but I will not upload them again.

That TWE guy is dead. I caused alot of problems (not on purpose)
and I do not want to be associated with that guy.

I will continue to design, and will upload them here only for now. Maybe someday I might have another website, but I need a break. I am extremely sad about this but I will move on.

The world must fight alone, without my help, I cannot deal with it.

I LOVE you guys!:)

Kaz
09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Phil, sad to see the site go down, bunch of lowlifes eh? but your signature made me laugh out loud, thanks for that, as well as your toys!

Clashster
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Sorry to see it go, Phil... Pretty crappy that people won't let you be creative and share with others without messing it up! I always enjoy your work, so I look forward to whatever you come up with and are willing to share with us. Good luck with it all!

Zathros
09-10-2007, 01:56 PM
That sucks that you were harassed like that. It is gracious of you to allow members to share your work, at least that way the people who really appreciate your art will still be able too. Thanks.

Golden Bear
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I agree that it is too bad that you got harassed out of doing something nice for the community. I understand the motivation, though, since I have also been persuaded that the grief can overwhelm the niceness of sharing. Thanks for trying though!

Carl

Fozzy The Bear
09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Very sorry to hear that Phil...... It's a pity that people are so mean that they see a need to attack a site like yours.

On the bright side! this may just be the prompting that this group needs!!! Doesn't it make sense in light of this that we get the model upload section into a working state of affairs?? Has there been any progress on that front??

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

TheWebdude
09-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Man, I am sorry to hear that bro. Illegitimi non carborundum and all....... If there's anything I can do you know how to get ahold of me. In the meantime hows that little thing you and I talked about coming along?

Phil
09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
In the meantime hows that little thing you and I talked about coming along?

You are referring to milkshape 3d I'm sure. Honestly, I haven't had the time to get into it, and my Wife and I are saving ALL our pennies for a move next spring back home to Northern California. I know it is only $25. US but, I am not using it, so I thought I would wait (besides my trial ran out).
Thanx for asking tho'.

Thank you all for your kind comments!:rolleyes: and don't worry, I'm not out of business, there will be more toys and models, it just may be awhile...maybe I will actually BUILD something?

Paperbeam
09-10-2007, 08:56 PM
That's really a shame Phil!:eek:

I guess the problem is that unless you pay for hosting (which isn't worth it for free models on a small budget), there's generally not much security for your site...

It'd be great if you could get your models hosted here so you wouldn't have to worry about scumbags like that!

Hint hint!:rolleyes:

Terry

Lex
09-11-2007, 03:40 AM
Sad to hear that... Still wondering why a cardmodel site would be targeted by hackers though. We support you, Phil!

cgutzmer
09-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Hey Phil,
Should you happen to decide to start a site again may I suggest here?
http://www.papermakeit.com/
Free subdomains for anything paper related. You wont be part of one of those gigantor networks that are so darn easy to hack plus you will be with someone you can contact directly if you have issues. Claudio (not the claudio that designed ecto 1 etc) is on almost all the time and is readily available. Just a thought for ya.

Looking forward to seeing you build something really small!
Chris

Phil
09-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Sad to hear that... Still wondering why a cardmodel site would be targeted by hackers though. We support you, Phil!

I would like to not get into why. I just wanted to inform you before someone asked " where's Phil's website?".

Lex
09-11-2007, 10:36 AM
I would like to not get into why.

Sorry I didn't wanted to ask anything. My apologies if I said the wrong thing...

--Lex

Phil
09-12-2007, 11:20 AM
No apologies necessary Lex, thank you for showing concern!;)

Phil
09-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Well...I went to do some editing of my posts (so as to NOT call attention to myself) but I am no longer allowed to edit here (I'm quite annoyed about that), so I get to do it this way;

Please DO NOT distribute or share ANY of my toys or models AT ALL!
Any future designs will remain with me, I may or may not show pics.
I apologise to those who still like me or my toys, but I am sick of being harrassed and I feel I should no longer pay for mistakes I made in the past.

I Love designing and building models and toys, but sharing has become intolerable. I'm considering changing my webname for some anonymity...we will see.

Peace

cgutzmer
09-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Phil,
vbulliten has a built in editing allowance of 10 days - no one can edit posts older than that. I think Jason can change it if he so desires but its a programming change, not just a switch I think.
Chris

Scott K
09-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I wanted to edit a post I made late last night, and cant! Why? It hasn't been 10 days yet!

Sorry to hear about your latest problems, Phil. I really appreciated the release of your Porter, sorry I didn't say so sooner.

Scott K.

dansls1
09-15-2007, 04:38 PM
According to Jason's post here (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166&page=5&highlight=edit) (post #90) it should be 1440 minutes you are allowed to edit posts.

Mark_1984
09-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi Phil, Sorry to hear that you were having so much hassle with your web site. It's a shame, I used to enjoy browsing it now and again. I shall miss your toys, I enjoyed shrinking them ;)

dustey
09-23-2007, 06:57 AM
I am new i dont know of your work but i am very sorry to see what your going threw. Its not fair to you or anyone else that enjoys your work and likes to see your work and progresses .
best wishes hun

cgutzmer
09-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Phil has uploaded many models to the new downloads section - go have a looksy! :)
Chris

Phil
09-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanx Mark1984 and dustey! Thanx cgutzmer as well for pointing out the free downloads here.