PDA

View Full Version : Orange County Chopper: Design and Test

littlemodeler7
08-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Hey everyone!

I've been in the hobby for about two years and i've always wondered how the models are designed. So I recently downloaded a trial version of Rhino and put it to the test by modeling the rear wheel of a chopper motorcycle. As a beginner on touching Rhino (and any other CAD programs) i must say that this program is incredible! I 've been able to unroll a part of the wheel to test build. Here is my work in progress so far:)

TheWebdude
08-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Oh! That IS looking Good!
Please do not stop!

Werner Smuts
08-05-2009, 11:23 PM
YES!!!! Do not stop... Geeeeeee! This is flippen great! Can't wait to see what else comes from this stable!

loudog49
08-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Awesome start! I do say that I was a real fan of the show. Their bikes were a real inspiration. Which chopper are you making? Is it one of the theme bikes or one of their higher volume bikes? I've never used Rhino but it looks cool. Good luck with it and keep posting progress pics!

-LD

Nazgul
08-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Cool! More motorcycles YAY :)

Tunny
08-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah ! Free ride, free mind !

littlemodeler7
08-07-2009, 01:11 PM
thanks for the encouraging comments! Loudog49: my little brother has a model of a chopper with an airforce theme. So for i've printed out the parts for a test build. i'll be posting up pics soon. its kinda new cuz theres no tabs or anthing. but i'll keep it going. the problem is is that i'm using the demo version and its like the full version but it only allows me to save 25 times. the program is way out of my budget but i'm hoping to save up the money cuz this thing is well worth it. but i'll be using my saves wisely :D Thanks again guys (and girls) :)

loudog49
08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
thanks for the encouraging comments! Loudog49: my little brother has a model of a chopper with an airforce theme. So for i've printed out the parts for a test build. i'll be posting up pics soon. its kinda new cuz theres no tabs or anthing. but i'll keep it going. the problem is is that i'm using the demo version and its like the full version but it only allows me to save 25 times. the program is way out of my budget but i'm hoping to save up the money cuz this thing is well worth it. but i'll be using my saves wisely :D Thanks again guys (and girls) :)

Cool, the AirForce Bike. Its the one that looks like a Raptor right? Just trying to get an image in my head.

Yeah Rhino seems kind of pricey for me too. Did you consider free tools like sketchup or metasequoia for modeling and the $39 Pepakura for unfolding? Those are my tools of choice since I have a tight wallet.

-LD