PDA

View Full Version : 1/144 SSME available?

lancer525
08-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm doing some redesign work, and I was wondering if anyone out there had a good set of parts for the RS-25 (space shuttle main engine) at 1/144 they would be willing to part with.

Also, finding a fairly decent RL-10 engine at any scale would also be fantastic.

Dyna-Soar
08-26-2009, 06:22 PM
You could ask Alfonso Moreno if you can use the engines from the AXM shuttles.

ksupilot
08-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey Lancer! I'm guessing this is for the Jupiter models? I'm on the NSF forum as gladiator1332.

I used AXM Shuttle SSME's on my most recent Jupiter-130 model build. They work great!

lancer525
08-30-2009, 07:58 AM
KSU! What a coincidence to see you here!

Yes, they're for the new renditions of the core, where we've redesigned the thrust structure/skirt. I wasn't happy with the old versions of the SSME that I used.

I would go to Alfonso and ask right away, but I used the outlines of his parts for the ET/Core, and I wouldn't feel comfortable "borrowing" his designs for the SSMEs. I think it would be too much. All I really wanted was to get the sizes a little closer, since the new structure has them closer together. I wanted to be sure they all fit.

I might just ask anyway... We're all pretty good about stuff like this, in this hobby.

axm61
08-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi Lancer,

I've been following this thread and I'm very excited also to see the final result.
Yes, go ahead, feel free to use or modify my AXM SSME's.
Send or post pics of your progress.
Regards,

Alfonso

lancer525
08-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Alfonso:

I am exceptionally grateful for your offer. You're one of the gems of this hobby, and I for one am amazed by your work. I didn't want to appear as if I were taking advantage of your efforts, by "borrowing" more pieces from your excellent designs. Again, let me publically thank you for allowing me to utilize your ET for my core. I've built everything else up around that, and it is really what makes the Jupiters look so good.

I've got a couple of minor things on the burner over the next couple of days, but I should have something in the works I can post fairly soon.

Thanks again.