PDA

View Full Version : Sand Crawler from a Newbie

cdavenport
09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Jlinksi and I train together at the same dojo near Athens, GA.

He couldn't post the pics of one of his first builds. I sort of showed him the ropes when he built the SW Sand Crawler.

He has introduced himself via the Welcome Desk. How's about looking him up on the Welcome Desk and posting a hello to a fellow Sci-fi enthusiast.

Thanks, friends

silveroxide
09-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Made my welcome in the welcome section. But welcome again. If Star Wars is his game, then he came to the right place, There are a bunch of Jedi's out there waiting to give constructive advice, Listen to the Force young Padawan.

Jlinski
09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey Thanks Chuck!
This was a pretty cool model to create and I am looking forward to uploading pics of my future creations.

I finally got some of the pictures downsized last night.

clif52
09-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the group. Great build. I've wanted to build this one for a while. I wonder if you could blow it up on the poster printer and make a surround for a flatscreen TV. Slide the raised panel on the side to hide the TV. It would make a great home entertainment center. The wife would probably hate it.

Clif

Tim Crowe
09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
"The wife would probably hate it" - make two just to be sure!

Tim

keevil
09-03-2009, 01:04 PM
There's no 'probably' in my house...

Chris

Millenniumfalsehood
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Very nice! I'm probably one of the biggest Star Wars nerds around here, though I'd be happy to match wits with another who thinks otherwise. ;)

Darwin
09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Star Wars a bit of a stretch for the wife....Star Trek, on the other hand.....
Nice build.

Jlinski
09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all the comments!
I personally prefer Star Wars over Star Trek. It just appeals more to me.

If I could find a large scale model of Mace Windu I would not hesitate for a second to download & print it out! XD

bigfan321
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
pretty good job on that sandcrawler. for a model done by a first-timer it's Extremely well-made. considering I'm new myself at constructing paper Models from kits I'm very surprised to see CRISP, accurate fold lines and few visible fold-flaps.
Excellent job :)

Jlinski
09-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Chuck has the credit for that. He showed me how to make the model look better.