PDA

View Full Version : Model idea

dansls1
07-14-2007, 07:47 AM
So - for all you 'sci-fi' type designers, I've come up with an interesting model idea. It'd be original, a bit obscure - and able to be modelled at full size if you wish. Sound interesting? Here's the subject I had in mind...
http://www.ketzer.com/movie_props/wheems.html

(Pic protected so I couldn't save it, only link to the site).

It's the robot from the movie 'Batteries Not Included'. It was a kinda cheesy '80's movie about robots in an apartment building - that's about all I remember other than it was kinda cutesy. Wouldn't be a bad model subject though.

cgutzmer
07-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Great show! Have at it :)
Chris

MOS95B
07-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Looks a lot like Phil's Tiny Bots....

Phil
07-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Long story told short...one of the Humans repairs one of the bots...trust is built between the good humans and the bots...the bots repair an old, and destined to be destroyed, diner/apartment building after the corporation that bought (stole) the property burned it down.
One of my all time favorites!!!

Yes! I designed my TWEbots with these in mind, I am planning to model 4 of these (someday) I need to aquire the movie and get some still shots...
GREAT suggestion!

dansls1
07-20-2007, 08:31 AM
It appears that the movie did make it to DVD, so I'm guessing a watch of ebay could get a copy for pretty cheap.
I had seen the TWEbots and not really put the resemblance together until just now (duh). I was thinking something bigger though - more like toy size for my son in the next year or 2 ;)

Phil
07-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Yes, bigger! I will be doing them in 1/2 scale (I think)...show lots more detail that way.

John Bowden
07-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I think that just made the rounds on the cable channels.................. first time I saw Phil's bots I drove myself crazy trying to remember that movie................. 1/2 scale would be nice Phil. Some LEDs, watch batteries and a photo cell they would make nice Night Lites for kids.

Hmmmmmmmm now there's an idea.................. ok I want 10% since I thought of it!:)