PDA

View Full Version : Micromodels Contest Ends!!!

Maltedfalcon
09-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Hooray congratulations to the participants
The winner is to receive Both MicromodelUSA CD's and the next issued Micromodel.
Well Good news and Bad News. The Bad news is I am behind on finishing the newest Micromodel- (a lot more complex than I thought it would be) It is as was voted on the USS Arizona - in the same scale (and tied up to the same mooring as the Micromodel of the USS Arizona Memorial.

Arrayed as she was December 6th 1941. So as soon as I finish (a week or so, I will send that off to the winner!) In the meantime I will send out the CD's so would the winner please send me your shipping address in a private message.

The good news - The winner is....
and I can do this cause its my contest....
All 3 entrants.
Keds_Girl_Lala , for the Beam Engine
rmks2000, for the Bluebird
and
lepercan, for the Turtle

Congrats! to the winners! (that will teach all you guys who meant to enter but didnt get around to it!! :p

peter taft
09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
What a BRILLIANT conclusion and they will be REALLY pleased.... Nice one :)

B-Manic
09-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Dang - And I was going to enter it too.

Congratulations to the winners, and thank-you Matthew for sponsoring this entertaining and educational event.

Keds_Girl_Lala
09-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I am lucky because Phil did not enter!

lepercan
09-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Thank You! And congrats to my fellow winners!
Lepercan

rmks2000
09-12-2009, 04:01 PM
WooHoo! Both KDL and Lepercan had better entries than mine, but I thank you for your generosity.

jimkrauzlis
09-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Congratulations to all!

I enjoyed seeing each of the entries and am glad you were each rewarded for your efforts.

I would like to see more micromodel builds, they are awesome little projects; they influenced me for many years even to the point of leading me to decide upon 1/600 scale as my standard ship model scale.

Looking forward to seeing the USS Arizona as a Micro Model USA offering.:D

Again, a hearty congratulations to each and every one of the contestants!! Very well done!!

Cheers!

Jim

dansls1
09-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Congrats to all - well deserved ;)

cjwalas
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Heartiest congratulations to all and thanks for puttin this contest up in the first place!
Chris

Phil
09-13-2009, 05:55 AM
I am lucky because Phil did not enter!

I bow to the Queen! I could NOT have beat you...unless I had employed my microscope!

Phil
09-13-2009, 05:56 AM
(that will teach all you guys who meant to enter but didnt get around to it!! :p

I been schooled!
:D

lepercan
09-13-2009, 08:29 AM
I had some fun with "The Battle of Hampton Roads" a couple of years back.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/Lepercan/PaperModels001.jpg

Lep

chiawatkom
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I think I should participate with this contest.

ashevilleangler
10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Congrats to all the winners! I considered this contest but quite honestly found these models just a bit too much of a challenge.

I bow to these three.

Curt

jimkrauzlis
10-04-2010, 07:21 AM
I was wondering if they were going to have another contest of Micro Models?

Also, did I miss the release of USS Arizona? I don't want to miss that model!

Cheers!
Jim

rmks2000
10-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Chiawatkom - the contest has ended.

Jim - only the Arizona memorial is available. However, the original Mircomodel HMS Amethyst is now available.

Catalog (http://www.micromodelsusa.com/page1/page1.html)

jimkrauzlis
10-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks, Rmks2000!

Love your Bluebird! By the way, what schooner is that in the background in the first picture of your entry posting? Almost looks like something about to be inserted into a bottle....

I gather you didn't get the Arizona as part of the prize; did you get the re-issued Amethyst? If so, how does it look? I have a print of the original issue, which I have scanned and on my to-be-built list...nice looking ship!

Can't wait to see how the Arizona comes out!

Cheers!
Jim

Maltedfalcon
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
my Az designer had a personnel change in his house (new baby)
I've been meaning to finish it but haven't yet. Its about 90% done,
I have been teaching (computers) at night school but this quarter I basically have off so I will get this done.

rmks2000
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Jim

The ship in the background is indeed looking for a bottle. It's a Baltimore clipper and my first square-rigged ship. Up until now I've only scratchbuilt two and three-masted schooners. Unfortunately it had a accident while showing it to a young lad and is in dry dock awaiting repairs.

Bob

jimkrauzlis
10-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Cool, Bob!

I've done only a few of those, but have a kit for a Privateeer in a bottle. So, the Baltimore Clipper is something you scratch built? From what I can tell in the blurry background, she looks very nice...hope you get her repaired on on her way into the bottle!:D

Cheers!
Jim

jimkrauzlis
10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
my Az designer had a personnel change in his house (new baby)
I've been meaning to finish it but haven't yet. Its about 90% done,
I have been teaching (computers) at night school but this quarter I basically have off so I will get this done.

I am very patient and will wait almost to the end of time to see this model reduced to Micro Model size! Can you tell us the estimated overall length of the finished model?

I would predict it will be a very popular model, at least amongst the micro modeling community, if not amongst others as well, given the ship.

I've been playing on and off with a waterline version of USF Constitution, showing her 1797 as launched configuration as well as the 1804 version as she looked during the War against the Barbary States. It's a long time project, so I know how delays can cause havoc on intended release dates.:o

Cheers!
Jim

Maltedfalcon
10-04-2010, 05:42 PM
it is exactly as long as the ship shown in the AZ memorial model
which makes it just about 9.75 inches long.

jimkrauzlis
10-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Awesome!

Looking forward to seeing it!

Cheers!
Jim