PDA

View Full Version : Babylon 5: Narn G'quan cruiser

Juckiz
09-25-2009, 11:19 AM
I started building Diego Cortes' G'quan yesterday. Only the two "tips" seen in the couple last pics made me wonder how to put them together... I laminated almost all parts on thicker cardstock. This seems like a nice build :)

Paragon
09-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Very good looking so far. I took another look at the parts after seeing this thread and was pretty surprised there are only 9 pages. I might have to build this now.

Juckiz
09-27-2009, 08:39 AM
It was interesting trying to fit the two forks to the rest of the hull but everything aligned alright eventually

Juckiz
09-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Completed the "wing supports". So two identical structures which are connected at the wing tips. My cardstock wasn't very thick so i laminated all parts on equally thick cardstock as the print-stock. This was good because i didn't have to use tabs in the "middle" part seen in the second picture -> clean seams. :)

RodentMaster
09-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Looks great so far!

Millenniumfalsehood
09-28-2009, 11:31 PM
I remember this as being a model which scared me so much that I never even printed it out. But you are doing an excellent job! I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Paragon
09-29-2009, 07:43 AM
I remember this as being a model which scared me so much that I never even printed it out. But you are doing an excellent job! I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Yeah, its all that mechanical stuff in the front that's so intimidating.

Juckiz
09-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah, its all that mechanical stuff in the front that's so intimidating.
This cardstock aint got nothin' on me! :p We'll see what happens when i get there...

I built the engines today. Well the insides anyway.

Juckiz
10-04-2009, 04:42 AM
Some more progress...
Finished the engine section. Now on to the "mechanical stuff" in the front :rolleyes:

Juckiz
10-07-2009, 04:54 AM
So... final build pics and the finished model.
I wanted to make the antennas(?) more rigid so i gave them a superglue treatment... then i thought "miniature shadow battlecrabs!" :p
Finally there's G'quan with my first and second models: Diego's Hyperion and Jay's Omega.

mchale
10-10-2009, 03:13 PM
that's interesting

silveroxide
10-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Fantastic build. Now you need the White Star along side.

Zathros
10-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Avery fine job on a very fine model. My son is has been asking me to build this for him. Now that you have, I can use your pictures for reference. Really cool.

didier69
10-11-2009, 12:52 AM
I like to see the three models. It's great ! I add them to my todo-build-list :).

Juckiz
10-11-2009, 04:18 AM
Thank you, everyone :)

MC_Archangel
05-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Neat, especially all three models together. Did you use markers along the cut edges and the laminated "connectors"? What brand? It looks like a good color-match.

spaceagent-9
05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
i can give you my version of the battle crabs if you want, they might be in my gallery, i will have to check, just let me know.
its good to see those babylon 5 ships, i havent got around to mine yet!
good job!
jim

ARMORMAN
05-04-2011, 06:54 PM
beautiful build. :)

Zathros
05-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, I made the mistake of showing my son your builds again, and the pictures of your fantastic "fleet". It looks like this Summer's projects (during the hot dog days) have been chosen. And so it begins..........................

diegocs
05-05-2011, 08:25 AM
wonderfull work, many thanks , itīs the first time that I see someone building some of my models ;)

DarkAntzMK-II
05-05-2011, 09:26 AM
i swear i was just watching the whole season and was just about to model and build this ship but now i see its been done...maby starfury or thunderbolt then...

NYC Irishman
05-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Sweet build well done, it looks better than it did in the show!!!!

John

Zathros
05-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Either. The StarFury out is "not that good" and the only Thunderbolt is for sale, which I don't understand unless this person has a license, and I find that hard to believe. If one did, I would think it would be a great advertising point. I can imagine that if you made either, it will become treasured, even on the Non -Aligned worlds! My son wants me to make a Thunderbolt, but I work slower than molasses.

rickstef
05-05-2011, 10:00 AM
You can always ask Armorman (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/members/armorman.html) who designed the Thunderbolt or read his previous postings on this subject

Zathros
05-05-2011, 12:45 PM
I had no idea Armorman was the designer, I have contacted him. Thanks for posting a link to the thread.

Zathros
05-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Well, ARMORMAN not only addressed any questions I had we also had an excellent conversation over the phone It is nice when you can talk to people whose name you see everyday. I think I have made a friend and have a just gained a new found respect for an incredibly talented person. This forum amazes me with the people who are in it. Thanks Rickstef for letting me know that Armorman was the designer. It has opened the doors to many possibilities.

sjsquirrel
05-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Juckiz,

Thanks for sharing this build and your collection of models. I have the entire series on DVD and started watching it on and off again about a month ago. I'm just coming to the end of season 1. It's just as good now as it was back then. Seeing the show again and your models really gets me keen to build one of them. My favourites are actually the earth alliance destroyers, but the Narn ships are a close second.

Great work!

Steve