PDA

View Full Version : 1/144 lut

obwand10
09-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey all, this is my current build, 1/144 dm production's LUT
so far i have 3 levels done.... 17 to go

jaeike
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm starting this kit myself. I look forward to seeing your progress. Good job so far!

Retired_for_now
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Never ceases to amaze - the skill, precision, dedication, and focus! Great job so far.

Yogi

Marco
09-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Is this a commercially available kit? I'd be very interested to know where this can be ordered!

obwand10
09-30-2009, 05:17 AM
you order it off ebay.
cost is 40$ and for the 1/96th one cost is 60$

obwand10
09-30-2009, 05:20 AM
more info available here Edu-Craft Diversions - Hands On To History (http://educraftdiversions.org/)

Marco
09-30-2009, 07:11 AM
That's great, thanks!

obwand10
04-03-2011, 04:28 PM
No real updates. got up to lever 12, i think. i'm adding more support to the MLP. JUST A ?, SHOUld I DO A SATURN 5, OR A S-1B W/ A milkstool?

closet astronaut
04-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Looking good. This is a tough build, it was my first major build in paper modeling.

I didn't like the hold downs so I used the hold downs from Greelt's launch pad, I scaled them down to fit, they hold the Apollo rocket better too.

Good luck, this will be fun to watch.

Paper Kosmonaut
04-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Nice build! good luck with the next levels. I'd immediately go for the milkstool. More construction on the MLP, more bustle, more impressive, IMHO. (okay, smaller rocket but what's the point of this build? making the most out of that MLP/LUT construction! A Saturn V already looks impressive itself.)

I have to admit, those 2D tubing strips fool me every time. Although, on second look, if I'd build it, I would replace them with real tubing.

obwand10
04-04-2011, 02:38 PM
thanks. yeah. i'm too late to make tubing. i had considered it AFTER i glued the piece. oh welll

closet astronaut
04-04-2011, 04:29 PM
It's always something you can come back to. My problem is I want to see the finished product so bad I don't have the patience to slow down. I do plan to fine tune the one I built with tubing. Some great references are (retired for now)'s build, he did a spectacular job, another good one was built by Georg B, his is posted on Zealot. The detial on his is insane, he even did the ventalation duct work on every level.

obwand10
04-04-2011, 04:52 PM
yeah, george's is THE best

Paper Kosmonaut
04-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Some great references are (retired for now)'s build, he did a spectacular job

I guess you mean our German friend Michael. I can't remember Yogi building this Educraft LUT.. But perhaps Michael also might be retired. (-;

With building these big things, patience is of great importance. I found that the anticipation of seeing it finished only grows and pays off when building in a slower pace - and the result always is better. The way Paper Air is working on his 1/1 Mercury on Zealot is a good example of this. He left the big one alone for a while to build a 1/4 one (!) first to tackle eventual unforeseen problems in advance.

And I think the tubing can always be added later. It looks good from itself.

obwand10
04-05-2011, 07:19 PM
anyone know what scale the apolonia LUT would be if you printed on A4?

Marco
04-06-2011, 12:38 AM
anyone know what scale the apolonia LUT would be if you printed on A4?

That would work out to 1:164 I think. When printed on A3 it becomes 1:116 (not HO, as Apollonia claims).
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/pasa-paper-aeronautical-space-administration/7127-saturn-v-mlp-lut-1-116-apollonia-tvc-15-a.html

obwand10
04-06-2011, 03:19 PM
That would be 2-3 feet tall.....too fidly.anyone have the manual for the milkstool?i ned to see whatbi need to modify

closet astronaut
04-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Hey 10 check out this site, I use it offten. I receintly used it to jack up a model from 1/24 to 1/4. I use photo shop alot in paper modeling, when using PS. you can set the % of size of what you want to print.

Milk stools are all over, I think AMX has one and I know Lower Hudson Valley has one.

Paper models scale calculator | Bestpapermodels.com (http://www.bestpapermodels.com/en/paper-models-scale-calculator/)

obwand10
04-06-2011, 04:47 PM
great link. wish i had PS AND an A3 printer.
BTW thanks marco

obwand10
04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
well decided to go w/ the milkstool. my flimsy support won't hold a saturn v(plastic OR paper)up. goes to show you how bad at support i am.

closet astronaut
04-07-2011, 05:05 PM
well decided to go w/ the milkstool. my flimsy support won't hold a saturn v(plastic OR paper)up. goes to show you how bad at support i am.

Supports? Are you talking about the hold downs? If you have a scanner printer you can also shrink the size of the hold downs from Greelt's launch pad, these work great for the plastic model, the only problem is height alignment with the swing arms. If you have the model you can set it in the HDs and match it with the first swing arm, if you get that aligned then the rest will fall in place. I had the same problem with the HDs that come in the model, even after beefing them up with foam board inside, this is why I went with Greelt's.

I did beef up Greelts with thin cardboard inside, going with stricty paper on either just isn't enough...at least for the plastic mod. Anyway it will be interesting to see this LUT with the milkstool, I haven't seen the educraft Lut with one.

obwand10
04-09-2011, 08:49 AM
educraft crawler or AXM'S?

closet astronaut
04-11-2011, 04:54 PM
The edu craft LUT...I haven't seen any one that has built this mod build it with the milkstool. I did see that he does hve one available with this mod...did you buy it with this kit?

obwand10
04-11-2011, 07:03 PM
got it 2 days ago =P milkstool

obwand10
04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
note better photos
PICS!!!!level 13 now

obwand10
04-23-2011, 07:36 PM
ive started the s-1b too, ton's resized to 1/144

closet astronaut
04-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Looking good. I noticed in the photo of the LUT that the main supports angle in where the fourth level attaches to the top of the angled section holding the first three levels. Mine did the exact same thing.

obwand10
04-24-2011, 07:31 PM
yup.....started the milkstool 2day.

obwand10
04-26-2011, 06:37 PM
overall impression is excellent. the milkstool has tons of detail, and dave has done a excellnt job on these kits

mperdue
04-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I agree that David has done an exceptional job making these kits. I was a little afraid of what he might think of all the changes I've been making to them in my build but he's been very supportive of the changes.

Nice work on your build.

obwand10
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
yours is waaaaaayyyyyyyy better than mine. the level of detail you have added is exrordinary! thanks fr the comments

mperdue
04-29-2011, 04:04 AM
yours is waaaaaayyyyyyyy better than mine. the level of detail you have added is exrordinary! thanks fr the comments

Don't sell yourself short. Your model is looking good. One of the reasons that I'm changing my model is that I can't get the good results many of you are getting with folded paper parts. I just don't have the required talent to do it.

obwand10
05-08-2011, 05:53 PM
hey dudes-
biiigggg update, lot of pics. nearly done w/ the MS(milkstool) and i'm working on the pedestal. here r the pics!

closet astronaut
05-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Those paper pipes are a royal pain aren't they. looking good.

obwand10
05-09-2011, 04:23 PM
yes. i replaced them w/ rolled paper bent. much less hassle.

obwand10
09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
ok, last night i ripped off all the paper pipes, and began to replace them with plastic. not too hard...no pics. sorry

obwand10
09-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Now I DO have pics. some generic shots and then my pipework.

obwand10
09-16-2011, 06:40 PM
No one? Is it that boring?

Retired_for_now
09-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Or just no comments ... keep track of the number of views of the thread and you'll see a lot of interest.

Yogi (I guess quiet time is over ...)

obwand10
09-17-2011, 07:51 AM
ok, Thanks

paulhbell
09-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Looks good. Yogi is right, members may not have time to reply, view numbers are a good way to see if there is interest in what anyone builds.

obwand10
09-17-2011, 10:58 AM
i know now, 2 years on this forum, and im still a noob. XD

Retired_for_now
09-18-2011, 05:46 AM
I don't see the work of a "noob" anywhere in this thread. Intricacy, detail, and skills on display are superb.
Yogi

obwand10
09-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Heh. Thanks!!

Paper Kosmonaut
09-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Following, watching closely and enjoying the build. Good idea to get rid of those flat tubing on the kit. it doesn't look the part. Your 3D tubes are way better. And indeed, like Yogi said, you're no n00b at all.

I guess lack of response in a thread just makes a bit uncertain...:rolleyes:

obwand10
09-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah it kinda does

Paper Kosmonaut
09-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Sorry for kind of neglecting to react, then. It actually is one of the main reasons I prefer being here to the friendly Z-neighbours (which I further have nothing against - don't get me wrong!) because response there is quite slow or sporadic while here people are quite quick and have helpful tips all the time.

And as said: I do enjoy your LUT build.

obwand10
09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks PK, I also prefer here, because people reply faster and I like feedback. I've been working on this a lot, so here are more Pics

obwand10
10-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Stupid, Friggin Photobucket.....I hate it. Started the Crane, Added some details. Thanks PK for the MLP deck stuff, installing it today.

Paper Kosmonaut
10-09-2011, 01:37 PM
You're welcome. I am not sure if the karts were on the MLP in the Saturn era, Mohammed. They were meant to keep the shuttle systems cool. The Saturn LUT/MLP might have had those type of systems built-in in the tower itself.

obwand10
10-09-2011, 01:39 PM
they are, some are under the tower, the bug one is on the front, side 2

Paper Kosmonaut
10-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Oh okay. I didn't know that.

obwand10
10-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Only on rollout though, which I'm doing

Paper Kosmonaut
10-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I now see. This is Apollo 11 crawling to the pad, having a bunch of little cars on the deck.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Apollo_11_rollout.jpg

obwand10
10-09-2011, 02:00 PM
LOL. I was just gonna post that..=P

paulhbell
10-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Nice work Mohammed. I like the photo with optimus primes foot/leg in it, kinda shows how big optimus is.

obwand10
10-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks! I would've worked on Him, but with half a tank of ink, I didn't wanna risk it...;)

obwand10
10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Last ones for today, I promise;)

obwand10
10-10-2011, 02:43 PM
One more-http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100_2732-1.jpg

paulhbell
10-10-2011, 03:26 PM
very nice.

obwand10
10-13-2011, 06:56 PM
very nice.
Thanks!
I finished the Crane and it was HELL. well, here are the pics....http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100_2735.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100_2734.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100_2736.jpg

Paper Kosmonaut
10-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Impressive! Good job on the crane, Maly!

obwand10
10-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Impressive! Good job on the crane, Maly!
Thanks! Just realized that there is a whole other support structure for the Lightning Rod

I've been reworking the rocket, cuz I'm not happy w/ it, see if you guys can tell the difference. ;)
And im almost finished w/ sides 1, and 4.!
Also, it saddens me that NASA is destroying the shuttle's FSS and RSS, now theyres just nothing but the shuttles, and the capsules. Its sad.

luke strawwalker
10-16-2011, 11:46 PM
I live 65 miles from JSC in Houston, and follow spaceflight stuff pretty closely. After Houston got passed over in the site selections for the surviving orbiters after the recent shuttle retirement, needless to say we were all pretty bummed... After all, shuttles, whether they were a good idea or not and even though they didn't live up to their expectations, have flown more people to space than any other vehicle, and have operated for well over half NASA's lifetime, and has been the preeminent manned spacecraft for three decades. SO, it just didn't seem right that Houston, who controlled every shuttle flight and still has an ISS control room in operation, wouldn't get ANYTHING of shuttle... even the full fuselage trainer and the two cabin trainers were reportedly going to be moved elsewhere-- meaning basically once all that stuff was gone, it would be as if shuttle never existed as far as JSC's "collection" was concerned...

News recently came down that since KSC in Florida is getting a REAL orbiter, we'll be getting their "replica" orbiter-- it's not a REAL orbiter, but it's a 1:1 high fidelity scale model, modified so that people can walk through it, something that cannot and will not (and should not) be done with the real orbiters in museums, including KSC. (JSC's "Space Center Houston" visitor Center across the road from JSC proper already has a full-scale "shuttle cabin" sticking out of the wall inside the visitor center, which you can walk through and see what the interior of the shuttle actually looks like.) This should make a nice consolation prize anyway, and a nice display of shuttle program history and the vehicle itself.

One of the cabin trainers (essentially full scale high fidelity WORKING models that the astronauts trained in, one of which could be hydraulically tipped up into "launch position" or laid out in "landing position" for crew training of the different phases of flight), located in the Astronaut Training Facitility, was to be sent to the Smithsonian, but the Smithsonian has given permission for it to remain in Houston. There was an announcement that presently, the intention is to try to get the "white room" and gantry from the FSS and move it to Houston as well when the shuttle pad infrastructure is torn out. This gantry and white room would be combined with the cabin trainer, tipped to the upright position, to simulate what the astronauts would see as they boarded the shuttle, meaning that the white room and gantry would be "mated" to the upright cabin trainer, allowing for a 'walk through' exhibit (I somehow doubt that entering the cabin trainer would be allowed, but walking down the gantry, through the white room, and out would be permissable I suppose).

SO, maybe at least the white room and gantry will survive, and if it's joined with the cabin trainer, this will create a very interesting display that none of the other visitor centers have (that I know of-- though USSRC in Huntsville has a "mockup" Apollo white room and gantry in their Davidson Center.) Hopefully this will add to the somewhat limited display items we have in Houston-- we have a beautiful fairly recently restored FLIGHT HARDWARE Saturn V, an F-1, J-2, and H-1 engine, a Mercury Redstone (Houston had NOTHING to do with the Mercury program; it was a cow pasture at the time and wouldn't be operational and partially controlling a spaceflight until Gemini 3-- so Project Mercury was ENTIRELY run out of KSC in Florida and MSFC in Alabama). We also have an Apollo Little Joe II (again, a program that was conducted at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico, with only a tenuous connection with Houston). Personally I'd love to see that beautiful Saturn IB that's collecting bird droppings in a roadside park in Alabama moved to JSC-- after all, ALL of the Apollo missions were controlled from Houston, and as the Manned Spacecraft Center as it was called in those days, Houston was a BIG player in Project Apollo. Word has it that when KSC got a new Gemini-Titan display rocket, that Houston is to get their old one, so that should be a welcome addition, since most of Project Gemini was controlled from Houston.

Anyway, that's what they announced, anyway...

Later! OL JR :)

woods170
10-17-2011, 03:36 AM
Also, it saddens me that NASA is destroying the shuttle's FSS and RSS, now theyres just nothing but the shuttles, and the capsules. Its sad.

Not entirely. Only the FSS and RSS of pad 39B have been dismantled. However, NASA did save the crew access arm and white room, along with the Gaseous Oxygen Vent Hood and arm. Those are now stored at KSC and will be sent to the Smithsonian sometime in the future.
Pad 39A is being mothballed. A decision on it's long-term future and plans will be made later.

woods170
10-17-2011, 03:39 AM
SO, maybe at least the white room and gantry will survive, and if it's joined with the cabin trainer, this will create a very interesting display that none of the other visitor centers have...

The white room and crew access arm of pad 39B have been saved already. They are currently in storage at KSC, along with the Gaseous Oxygen Vent hood and associated arm. They will be sent to a museum, probably the Smithsonian, sometime in the future. But I hear the KSC visitor center is competing for those items as well.

Paper Kosmonaut
10-17-2011, 05:30 AM
It kind of makes sense to add the white room to the trainer cabin for a nice realistic display of how those two were connected. Being able to look/stand inside a verticalised shuttle cabin might give the visitor an idea of how it all looked from that point of view.
KSC can keep the beanie cap, as far as I'm concerned.:)

luke strawwalker
10-17-2011, 12:19 PM
It kind of makes sense to add the white room to the trainer cabin for a nice realistic display of how those two were connected. Being able to look/stand inside a verticalised shuttle cabin might give the visitor an idea of how it all looked from that point of view.
KSC can keep the beanie cap, as far as I'm concerned.:)

Yep... pretty much what I thought...

Thing is, they need to add a faux upper ET and SRB's to really get the effect... at least from the outside... Basically duplicate the shuttle stack from the crew cabin forward...

LateR! OL JR :)

woods170
10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Thing is, they need to add a faux upper ET and SRB's to really get the effect... at least from the outside... Basically duplicate the shuttle stack from the crew cabin forward...

Then throw in the top of the FSS as well. It was very well visible from the crew cabin. See the images below from STS-2.

merzo
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi Maly!

The Crane and the LUT perfectly good job. I know it cut truss work.

Well-managed and detailed. Sometimes you hurt the man's hand, and the result is worth it magát.de curse!
Congratulation

Merzo

obwand10
10-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi Maly!

The Crane and the LUT perfectly good job. I know it cut truss work.

Well-managed and detailed. Sometimes you hurt the man's hand, and the result is worth it magát.de curse!
Congratulation

Merzo

Thanks Merzo!
-Only the FSS and RSS of pad 39B have been dismantled-
Well, it does make sense for NASA to dismantle 39A too, or at least the RSS, as it was designed for the shuttle. But only if similar systems don't come in the near future.:rolleyes:

Also the new concept art for the SLS shows no other structures, other than the MLP/LUT.
NASA could at least have made a mock up, f the LUT or something. Sure they have Apollo rockets 19, and 20, and the 3rd stage of 18, but that's it. NASA might've kept the LUt if it weren't for the environmental reasons. Might have. And they still have the capsules. I was lucky enough to see one!

@ luke-I was also a bit confused when the didn't include Huston.They did control the launches, and they trained them too. Hmm.
Oh and great pics woods170!!

woods170
10-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Yep... pretty much what I thought...

LateR! OL JR :)

Howdy folks!

Guess what just arrived in Houston for a temporary exposition ;)

collectSPACE - news - "Photo Gallery: "Historic space shuttle launch pad parts arrive in Houston" (http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-101811a.html)

obwand10
11-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Well, at least they will have an impressive display.;). I will most certianly be visiting it..And I have more pics. Milkstool details, SA-7, and a crawler.

obwand10
11-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Well, at least they will have an impressive display.;). I will most certianly be visiting it..And I have more pics. Milkstool details, SA-7, and a crawler.
Which isn't there! OOPS. will add soon..

Paper Kosmonaut
11-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Now that S1b / Milkstool / LUT is an impressive sight. I dare to say even impressiver than 'just' a Saturn V on the pad. Good job, Maly!

obwand10
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks! I will eventually build the s-V on a superdetailed LUT too......

obwand10
11-05-2011, 10:24 AM
OK guys, annoying question time. :confused:. Does anyone have any detailed pictures of the Lightning Mast base?(circled)
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/Screenshot2011-11-05at121655PM-1.png.
And, does anyone know where the circled pipe ends up? I can't find any clear pictures of that area.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/Screenshot2011-11-05at121621PM-1.png.
Help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
EDIT-Also do any of you know if the MLP "legs" are the same in this era(well the shuttle era) as the Apollo era?Because I'm thinking of using the ones in his Shuttle MLP, as he doesn't include them w/ the Apollo..

woods170
11-07-2011, 04:32 AM
You mean something like this...

luke strawwalker
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM
You mean something like this...

Geez... I'm not afraid of heights (though I DO respect them!) but still being THAT high up on a MOVING vehicle has GOT to be a WEIRD feeling!!!

Yeah, it's moving at less than 1 mph and rediculously heavy and all, but STILL... that high up all the motions are amplified (like the way very tall buildings sway in the wind) and it's just got to be an eerie feeling! :eek:

Later! OL JR :)

obwand10
11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
It would be kind of cool to be on the LUT at rollout, but yes it would be kinda crazy/scary.
Woods, that was EXACTLY what I was looking for!!!!

closet astronaut
11-09-2011, 07:56 PM
The instructions that come with the LUT should have some great pics, at least the instructions I recieved did.

obwand10
11-09-2011, 10:12 PM
For the very last mission, NASA used a lighting rod(compare pics of teh different rollouts to see, an it's huge and different looking. Hope this clears things up..

obwand10
11-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Looks like I have a lot of Scratchbuilding to do.........AANNYYYway, Serivce Module round 3, and now it's all shiny!!

obwand10
11-20-2011, 10:20 AM
This is basically just waht I've been working on the past few Days..

obwand10
12-07-2011, 10:01 PM
More pics, the crawler is crawling along, started the piping on side 4.

obwand10
12-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Dave has just emailed me. THE SPACE SHUTTLE COMPLEX IS GOING TO BE ONLINE NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!

closet astronaut
12-18-2011, 07:15 PM
WOOOHOOOO, I've just checked out the site friday to see if there was any progress on it. Wonder what it's going to cost.

obwand10
12-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Hope it isn't too much. This is going to be hard as hell thou, but I'm looking forward to it!

WeeVikes
12-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Dave has just emailed me. THE SPACE SHUTTLE COMPLEX IS GOING TO BE ONLINE NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!

Whoa... what? I'm sorry, I obviously missed something somewhere... WHAT SPACE SHUTTLE COMPLEX? Where might I find this gem?

Thanks,

Mike

obwand10
12-20-2011, 03:58 PM
On Dave's site, he has a shuttle MLP, and he has a "FSS, and RSS coming soon" on the top. I'd assume this is what He means, here is the Message----------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Subject: Space Shuttle Pad 39A Complex Kit to be Online Next Week

Announcing release of Space Shuttle 1/144 39A Pad Complex Paper Model Kit,
to be online next week. Over 2 years in the making, with design phase
completed during the STS 135 mission.
Please excuse multiple notifications.
Please advise if opt-out is preferred from future notifications.
Best to You,
David R. Maier
EduCraftDiversions.org"--------
So maybe we'll see a shuttle complex for under 250$XD
And, I've got more pics of my launch tower, in groaning along in rolling all those tubes, see pics.

obwand10
12-24-2011, 10:54 AM
IT'S OUT!!!!!!!THE SPACE SHUTTLE FSS AND RSS ARE AVAILABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 74 dollars, which is not much compared to the Revell one. It's FINALLY HERE!!!!! Stay tuned for a build thread. =]. After this one...... THANK YOU DAVE!!!!!!. I'll upload pics when I can. !

obwand10
12-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Happy Holidays to you all!!!!
Well, it's FINALLY done! I've just about finished the Crane, now about 87% done with the entire LUT! A BIG thanks to woods170, for the pics!!! I also managed to find 2 more on the web, so I managed.;)
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100E3222.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100E3219.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100_3220.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100_3216.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100_3215.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100_3214.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/100_3213.jpg
And, a Pic of the Shuttle compleX!!!-http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/KGrHqRHJBYE7z8-ukgBO9zCqK2g60_3.jpg

obwand10
12-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Well, I'll just keep on posting, I've gotten 250 views in aout 3 Days, so I'm good. =]. I've completely finished(just about) all the Swingarms and have started the Mobile Stabilizer (Damper Arm, whatever). Also, Swingarm 8 has been redone.

obwand10
07-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Well, as I've been getting back into modeling, I've decided to finish this project up. Since the last update, I've remade several of the swingarms and am continuing with the side 2 piping. Now I am putting the bottom of the MLP on.
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b491/mawmaw149/photo1_zps0820d602.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mawmaw149/media/photo1_zps0820d602.jpg.html)
Where it stands
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b491/mawmaw149/photo_zps49df7fd2.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mawmaw149/media/photo_zps49df7fd2.jpg.html)
Some of the pipework
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b491/mawmaw149/photo1_zps68c85a7c.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mawmaw149/media/photo1_zps68c85a7c.jpg.html)
Thanks to everyone who has stuck with this project throughout the years.

obwand10
07-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Continuing with the updates, I've decided to rebuild the sides using Alfonso's MLP as a base. I know that I didn't get the coloring quite right, but the 3d effect, and just the overall clarity of the new sides are an improvement over the old ones.
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b491/mawmaw149/image_1_zps208c53b6.jpeg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mawmaw149/media/image_1_zps208c53b6.jpeg.html)
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b491/mawmaw149/photo_zps3806d652.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mawmaw149/media/photo_zps3806d652.jpg.html)

RichO
07-30-2013, 11:04 PM
OBWAND,

Nice to see that you'r getting back to this. The Micrartwork LUT is the next part of my build and is suposed to have like 50,000 parts? OMG! and I thought the crawler was complicated. I'm already weirded out about the number of lights the original has, something like 10,000 lights. I'm not building that many light!

Keep building!

obwand10
08-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Rich: Thanks! I've seen Cyana's progress on the LUT and I can't wait to see it built.
Continuing with this project, I've gotten the MLP just about done, only side 3 pipes left (which I'm remaking). After that it's only various pipes and the Saturn 1b.

obwand10
09-08-2013, 12:55 PM
More updates on the sides, as you can see, I've decided to remake the pipes. It probably isn't the best idea to roll them, but hey, whatever works.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/image_zps58e36259.jpeg (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/maly149/media/image_zps58e36259.jpeg.html)
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/photo1_zpsbb17dad7.jpg (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/maly149/media/photo1_zpsbb17dad7.jpg.html)

RichO
09-10-2013, 06:20 AM
OBWAND,

I know you have seen what SPACERUNNER has been doing with his MLP. Keep thinking, the more detail the better. This is looking good guy.

obwand10
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM
More updates. More scrathcbuilding-I think we have all been inspired by what Cyana and Manfred are doing. Rebuilt the top of the White Room-not totally accurate, but better than what was there before. This still might be improved. Also added railings to the crane, which is also going under surgery/scratchbuilding.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/image_2_zpsf8e14cc3.jpeg (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/maly149/media/image_2_zpsf8e14cc3.jpeg.html)
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/image_1_zps47f378f2.jpeg (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/maly149/media/image_1_zps47f378f2.jpeg.html)
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/maly149/image_zps4b436d50.jpeg (http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/maly149/media/image_zps4b436d50.jpeg.html)

Putergirl
06-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Hello, I'm new to this group and joined on the basis of seeing this post on the 'net. I just wanted to say thank you to Obwand10 for their diligence in posting so many pics of their build, and everyone else who contributed to this thread 'waaay' back when ;)
I recently purchased the DM Productions LUT kit, to go along with my Apogee Saturn V; all of which I hope to get busy on soon. Thanks so much for all the ideas you've all shared, I'm sure they'll help tremendously on my own project!

obwand10
06-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Good to hear! Post any questions you have here and me or someone else would be glad to help!