PDA

View Full Version : 7" Brooke's rifle, fort mounted 1/72 scale

ct ertz
09-30-2009, 08:15 PM
I have my 7 inch Brookes double banded rifle/8" smooth bore done and have it fort mounted. This is the same gun used by the Confederate states Navy as well. These were meant to be rifled cannon, but some were bored out into 8 inch smooth bore shell guns, keeping the same profile as the rifles. These guns were used in a number of Confederate fortifications.

I plan on putting this neat little model in Ecardmodels.com (http://www.ecardmodels.com) , if OK by Chris, but I need a test build. This model has one page of parts, one page of diagrams and a page of written instructions. You will need to laminate many parts to 1mm. I need a couple of good pictures should the build be successful, as well as any comments or improvement ideas. Anyone interested please PM me. First two get it!

I will be going to bed now, so if you do not har from me tonight don't pannic. My eys feel like they are trying to bleed, after working on this and working on the Palmetto State 1/72 scale, I need sleep. Think about it, but not for too long!

CT

silveroxide
09-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Check this site out. I used it when making my arty pieces. The American Civil War Pictures Database - Civil war photos and images (http://www.civilwar-pictures.com/)

ct ertz
10-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks silveroxide, looks like a great site. By the way, I have my mom looking into getting pictures of the pump wagon for you. They have not gone to 1880 town this year, but when they go out to Rapid City they will stop in for picture taking.

silveroxide
10-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks silveroxide, looks like a great site. By the way, I have my mom looking into getting pictures of the pump wagon for you. They have not gone to 1880 town this year, but when they go out to Rapid City they will stop in for picture taking.

Thanks CT Ertz. Waiting to see a build up on your Arty piece.

30-06
10-05-2009, 01:04 AM
CT - I have the pivot & gun carriage complete - will send some pics & obs. to your PM
'06

ct ertz
10-05-2009, 01:46 PM
WOW, that was quick! Look forward to seeing how it came out.
CT