PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader 2.0 Papercraft

culpster
10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
This is my latest creation. Still finishing up a few parts. It stands 24" tall. Still have to finish the cape though. Have been a Star Wars Fan for quite some time and figured what better subject than the man himself. I was surprised that nobody has done him already. He can stand on his own, but I am making an optional display base that resembles the illumination of the carbon chamber steps.

shawnr5
10-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Very cool. At his size, he's crying out for individual fingers.

culpster
10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
However, not advanced enough to model hands yet. WIP...May give it another try. This is my first. Thanks for checking it out

B-Manic
10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I'd say that is a very good first design. I have to agree about the fingers though. Perhaps even just gray lines added to show the spaces between them. Thanks for sharing.

legion
10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I think his head is a bit too big, but nice work anyway!

culpster
10-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I think that is probably a better idea for my skill set at this time, the shaded fingers on the hands. I will add that until I have a better idea on modelling hands in 3D max. The head is the right proportion, I took the picture looking down on the model. The perspective makes the head look bigger. Actually all shots are either looking up or looking down. It does almost look like a straight on shot because I was so close to it. I appreciate everybody's feedback. All good points that I can utilize and get better. I should note that this was a test build and some items have changed on the new model, I just haven't had time to build it yet. I fixed the Shin Guards a bit, and got the feet to the right proportion. You may not have noticed but his feet are too small in the picture.