PDA

View Full Version : Klingon Battlecruiser/D-7/K'T'inga

Captain Sisko
10-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi folks!

It's been a while since I have uploaded anything here. But now I just finished this Star Trek's Klingon battlecruiser from 23rd century. I'm not sure who made this nice model, but if somebody does, enlighten me!

cMags
10-14-2009, 11:33 AM
The model is by Marc Robitaille and was at one time hosted on the now gone Billy's World. There was a recent D7 discussion where I posted info about this model here:

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/alternate-dimensions/3615-klingon-d7.html#post49910

Nice job on her. Its definitely on my (very long) list to build. :p

Captain Sisko
10-14-2009, 11:36 AM
OK. Thanks.

mb1701d
10-14-2009, 05:38 PM
I really like your Battlecruiser. Is the Enterprise paper as well ? If so, where did you find it ?

cMags
10-14-2009, 05:48 PM
That Enterprise does not look to be paper (not any of the versions I've seen anyway), however if you're looking for a 1701-A / refit, the one in my avatar is available in our Downloads section. It is designed as a 1:1700 scale model, coming out to be approximately 18cm (7") long. A slightly less detailed larger (1:1000 scale) variant (the original that I modified) is available here: SF ペーパークラフト ギャラリー (http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/Gallery.html)

Happy Building!

Captain Sisko
10-15-2009, 01:56 AM
The Enterprise is not paper model. It's a plastic model from company called Art Asylum.

Tars
10-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I think the D-7 is one of the coolest looking "bad guy" ships around... you recognize the silhouette from every angle! :D good job on the model, although the pics are a bit shaky ;) I was thinking about building it too, but since I already have it in plastic I wasn't too motivated after all ;)

RodentMaster
10-19-2009, 02:10 PM
I used to read star trek novels a lot. One had a nice line in it, describing the Battlecruiser. To paraphrase (it's probably been a decade or two since I read this one),

"With the Enterprise, you could appreciate the mathematics behind the nacelle placement and the saucer, the elegance and style that went into the thought process. With the Klingon ship you could tell at a glance only one thing went into the design: giving it as small a cross section as possible during combat."

I definitely agree it is one of the best, most iconic ship designs around!

I need to build this one someday.