PDA

View Full Version : 2009 International Paper Model Convention

dansls1
10-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Ok - so this maybe should have shown up in the News a bit earlier - but the 2009 edition of the 12th annual International Paper Model Convention is coming up next weekend - October 23-25, 2009.
Key info:
Hamption Inn and Suites
22700 Holiday Park Drive
Sterling, VA 20166
Phone - (703) 537-7800

Friday Set up starting 5PM.
Saturday Open to public 10AM to 6PM, Dinner 8PM with auction.

More details can be found here (http://internationalpapermodelconvention.blogspot.com/) or PM rickstef. Wish I was going - but scheduling and financial considerations are keeping me out of it - hopefully next year!

Have fun if you make it out, sounds like it's normally a great time! Hopefully those of us who can't make it will get lots of pictures to drool over ;)

Phil
10-18-2009, 10:10 AM
I will be there is spirit! (thank your lucky stars! lol).

piginapoke
10-19-2009, 03:04 PM
wish there was a UK equivalent

Willja67
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Well as much as I would like to be there it is looking like I won't be able to make it. My brothers wedding is close to DC but I am flying in to Baltimore and in order to be as frugal as possible I'll be bumming around in the car my parents are renting for the occasion so I don't think i can make it. Besides Saturday is the only day I will be around and the wedding is at 11 am with a luncheon shortly following and a reception that evening from 7-9. Being 1 hours travel away means I don't think I can make it.

Sorry guys I really would have liked to have met some of you in person.

rickstef
10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey Will,

I totally understand, and I was looking forward to meeting as many people from here, but maybe next year

Rick

member_3
10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
OK, I'm here - where is everybody??? I guess I'll sit in my room with a libation until the meeting rooms open...

birder
10-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey Ron are you at the convention site? Have fun!!

Astroboy
10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm on my way!

Bill Kastenmeier

whulsey
10-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Everybody have fun back there. Would be neat to make it (maybe next year). Oh well, antique tractor show tomorrow so will make do with that...and waiting for our little AZ meetup next month.

rmks2000
10-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I'll be there Saturday but unfortunately can't stay for the dinner/auction. It'll be nice to see everyone again.

KCStephens
10-23-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm heading out the door shortly...See everyone tonight some time.

modelperry
10-23-2009, 01:05 PM
I'll see everyone there tomorrow morning. Plan on being there around 8:00 am to set my stuff up.

Greg

rickstef
10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
i just arrived also, sitting in my room

medved
10-24-2009, 03:15 AM
This may be a silly question but has anyone actually there got a webcam or similar that could make a podcast/youtube kinda thing for those of us that can't be there???
Be cool to have a live feed!
:)

rickstef
10-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Paper Wranglings on USTREAM: Home to my paper modeling webcam, still evolving. Conference (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/paper-wranglings)

The above is my ustream channel, broadcasting from the second room we have added since last year.

Chat is available, and you can hit me up on the various instant messaging clients.

Rick

lehcyfer
10-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the cam Rick :)

birder
10-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey cool Rick!! Who are the folks displaying around you there?

billy.leliveld
10-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes ,very nice, i just registered, and i can leave comments:D

rickstef
10-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey cool Rick!! Who are the folks displaying around you there?

I have Matt Vance to the left of me, and Kevin Stephens to the right of me, and Peter Heesch is hawking his kits across from me

medved
10-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks for sorting out a feed Rick.
Now I/we need you to be a roving reporter capturing live hi-lites !! :D

airdave
10-24-2009, 11:31 AM
oh wow! this is great!
I just signed up and I'm looking at the webcam right now!!
the roving reporter idea sounds good.....hehe

not the greatest view...I can see part of a table, some ugly carpet and a few knees.
hopefully the camera can get panned around so we can see some other things?

but its still cool to be there (when we're so far away in reality!)

thanks Rick for setting this up...its great!!

I am gonna keep checking in all day, since I'm here at home!

rickstef
10-24-2009, 10:34 PM
The 12th episode of the International Paper Model Convention was a rousing success.

The constant rain during the day put a damper on the attendance, but I do think we had some of our regular visitors come through, and we have some interests from some visitors who might want to display next year.

The Colonel, Don Boose, Old Troll, Cwiokster, KCStephens, Alan Wheeler(wb4jjj), Roman Detyna, rmks2000, Ron Caudillo, Astroboy, modelperry, DrLaser, Bomarc, and I probably forgot some, were all in attendance displaying.
Ok, rmks2000 just came to visit.

Throughout the day, questions were asked, tips were given, ribs were taken and given.
Commitments were made, a Dragon Wagon from GPM was bought, and seriously considered as a new build, that was until said member was given as a prize, the Modelik Scud carrier, which now has been pushed to the top of the build pile, Right Kevin??????...........

I was asked to be the auctioneer for the auction, my nerves held out, which was a good thing.
And we had to go through the big donation pile of kits.
We had everything from simple kits to a B-17 Flying Fortress with wheels and canopy glass.

As I have mentioned a couple of times, this event is the highlight of my social calendar, and it will be next year.

I would encourage those who live within a day's drive of the DC Area, to consider visiting or displaying, would love to have your stuff on display.

Also, you might get to meet some of the designers or publishers of your favorite kits, AG Smith(Dover Pubs), Siegfried Wolters(Wilhelmshaven models), Roman Detyna(Digital Navy), Matt Bergstrom(BuildyourownChicago & BuildyourownNewYorkCity).

Any questions about this year, just ask, I think you will get answers from anyone who has attended.

Rick

modelperry
10-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Throughout the day, questions were asked, tips were given, ribs were taken and given.
Commitments were made, a Dragon Wagon from GPM was bought, and seriously considered as a new build, that was until said member was given as a prize, the Modelik Scud carrier, which now has been pushed to the top of the build pile, Right Kevin??????...........

Any questions about this year, just ask, I think you will get answers from anyone who has attended.

Rick

As a participant this year, I must say it was a pleasure to meet many of the faces behind the screen names and avatars. I was happy to relieve Old Troll of some of his excess kits that he would never build due to his corollary of longevity vs number of kits left to build. (although I have heard it said by a different modeler that the true way of looking at this is that "One is not allowed to pass on from this life until all of his/her unbuilt models are finished")

OK Kevin, here's a friendly challenge, how about you and I have a little mini competition for next year's convention. You pick the kit: Dragon Wagon, Scud, or even the Sherman (even though you have a head start on it). The attendees of next years convention can pick the winner. The winner gets to pick the build subject for the following year. If someone else wants to participate after you pick the project, I'd be OK with that too. what you say?

Greg

modelperry
10-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Some photo's I took yesterday.

Greg

Phil
10-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Nice pics! Thanx for those, my favorite was, among many others, (not at all because I'm biased) Don Boose's Architecture! I love those buildings, do you have any close-ups Don? I would also like some info on them.

member_3
10-25-2009, 12:25 PM
My thanks to all the attendees at this year's convention - you made my first participation at this event a real pleasure! I sold more than I bought, met many of the great people who had just been avatars and e-mail addresses prior to Saturday and got to see some incredible models by some of the world's best. I definitely intend to be at the 2010 convention, hopefully with some of the models I bought this year in a completed condition.

I know there were hundreds of photos taken and hope that others will post them here as Greg has already done.

To the planners and folks who made this such a wonderful experience for me and my wife - congratulations and thank you!

B-Manic
10-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Nice pics! Thanx for those, my favorite was, among many others, (not at all because I'm biased) Don Boose's Architecture! I love those buildings, do you have any close-ups Don? I would also like some info on them.

I agree with Phil. Don we need to see those Architecture builds!!
All the models look great, I am jealous I could not attend, and I need more pictures . . . please.

birder
10-25-2009, 01:46 PM
The pics of the event look great and an inspiration to keep on cuttin' and gluein'!! Congrats Greg on the ribbons I see there and are those Don's buildings? Very nice! Old Trolls models also look nice on display. Thanks to Rick and Greg for the pics!:)

Bomarc
10-25-2009, 02:23 PM
My thanks to all the attendees at this year's convention - you made my first participation at this event a real pleasure!

Ron, I didn't know this was your first IPMC convention too. :cool:

As they say "A good time was had by all!" An outstanding event, and it was great meeting all the fine folks in attendance. All the spectacular builds on display made me appreciate the talent and skill that goes on in this hobby. And, no matter how nice models look in photos posted on the net, nothing beats seeing them "up close and personal". The organizers are to be commended for putting on such a great event, and doing it with the same level of enthusiasm and excellence year after year.

I have to say that the evening's events of the banquet, awards, and auction were the highlight for me, as Mr. Wheeler, the Colonel, and "the oldest troll in existence" (as I believe Don puts it), combined with Rick's masterful auctioneering, made for a very memorable night! Kudos to you gentlemen!

As for next year and beyond, as General MacArthur once said "I shall return!"

Mike

rmks2000
10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Sorry I couldn't stay for the dinner/auction, as that's the best part of the convention, but it was great to see everyone again and meet some new folks as well. Also, a thanks to the vendors, hobbyists, and designers for some excellent deals. The ecarmodels CD has to be the deal of the year!

lehcyfer
10-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Wow, amazing Bronthosaurus!

Where does it come from?

modelperry
10-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Wow, amazing Bronthosaurus!

Where does it come from?

Apatosaurus - Dinosaurs - Science - Paper CraftCanon CREATIVE PARK (http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3149/03315/index.html)

Greg

member_3
10-25-2009, 04:00 PM
It's actually an Apatosaurus, Lehcyfer, and it is one of the many dinosaurs on the Canon Creative (http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/1006/) site. Use the "Science" link then the "Dinosaur" link.

lehcyfer
10-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Thank you very much - I'll make sure to lay my hands on this model - it look marvellous.

papermodelfan
10-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Whoahoa! 1:12 models of house plants - what a unique idea. They look really well done too. At first I thought somehow photos of a botanical exhibit had gotten mixed in. Who is the instigator of those little jewels?

member_3
10-25-2009, 07:53 PM
The tiny horticulture is the work of Abby Benner and her website is Mini-Quest (http://www.mini-quest.com/index.htm).

KCStephens
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
OK Kevin, here's a friendly challenge, how about you and I have a little mini competition for next year's convention. You pick the kit: Dragon Wagon, Scud, or even the Sherman (even though you have a head start on it). The attendees of next years convention can pick the winner. The winner gets to pick the build subject for the following year. If someone else wants to participate after you pick the project, I'd be OK with that too. what you say?

Greg

Greg, I'm always up for a challenge. However, I don't know if I could complete any one of these models within the next year but I'd be happy to give it a shot. So, with that said...I'd like to leave it up to the forum members here to vote on which kit it will be. Fair enough? So maybe with a little help from Rick we could set up a poll and let let the voting begin. We could keep the poles open for a week and by next Sunday night we'll know... Either Dragon Wagon, Scud or Sherman....Let the fun begin!

medved
10-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Just wanted to say I'm grateful to all those who provided some way to see the event - certainly helps me get the flavour of it all. :)

I find the idea of the AFV modelling challenge (KCStephens vs modelperry) interesting & found this Dragon Wagon (http://www.guntruck.com/M25DragonWagon.html) plastic kit build, whilst wondering what I'd personally like to see as a build thread.
It naturally occurs to me that if one were to build this then the Sherman would have to be done too so as the dragon wagon wasn't lonely....:p

But seriously anything done by the masters here provides both a needed inspiration & a challenge to those 'newcomers' like myself. (Its still under 12 months for me at this ...)

Without seeing the 'impossible' achieved here by masters of the art the impetus & aspirations for me would be greatly diminished.

As to 2010's convention, maybe someone can fit a spy-cam into a hat or something & stream it online :D:D:D

pierre_f
10-26-2009, 10:38 AM
The show was a great success as far as I'm concerned. Lots of people to meet, including some paper modeling heroes who were both gracious and kind. The Saturday dinner was really fun. Mr. Wheeler made a great MC and the auction was great fun as well.

Pierre

tazman3
10-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, enjoyed the few pics...hope more is coming. I appreciate you guys sharing...I wasn't too far away, but just could not afford to come. But thanks again for sharing...glad RonC got to come, I can at least re-live the experience vicariously though him! lol...:D

Texman
10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes, that is my question as well... Anyone posting more pics for us poor souls unable to make it?

rickstef
10-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Just wanted to say I'm grateful to all those who provided some way to see the event - certainly helps me get the flavour of it all. :)

As to 2010's convention, maybe someone can fit a spy-cam into a hat or something & stream it online :D:D:D

We tanked the wireless connection at some point, and once I disconnected the webcam, the connection came back up.

I have wanted to take some video, but I never got around to doing that, I also didn't take enough pictures like I normally did back in the past.

If any wants to do that they can, but I am not doing it....

Rick

Don Boose
10-27-2009, 07:34 AM
As always, the IPMC was a lot of fun and it was great to see old friends and to make new friends.

We seem to have been snake bit on the photo front. I forgot to engage the gyro stabilizer on my camera, and so most of my photos came out blurred. I will post the ones that came out clearly and, in a few cases, will post the blurred ones of special events and people.

First below is Matt Vance giving a talk on British paper buildings (the theme this year was architecture). The slide shows a 1/76 scale hobbyshop Matt built for his Dad's model railroad, complete with tiny models in the window -- including a complete 1/76 model of a 1/76 layout. (The balding head in the foreground is that of Gil (Paperguy).

Next is my own display (Phil - I am not the one with the super architectural models. All I had were some Dover houses that used to be on the grandsons' model railroad. But those are shown here.) The Horrible Hampden made its usual appearance, and I brought the bowl of paper Trotskiy airplanes (Rick suggested I put a large spoon and a can of 30-weight next to the bowl.) Peter Ansoff, one of the dynamic founders and orchestrators of the IPMC can be seen on the far left and my grandson's scratch-built dragon is on the right.

Third is Bomarc's beautiful PBJ-1H "8-Ball" work in progress. It drew a lot of attention from the participants and visitors.

Fourth is Gil (Paperguy) and his beautiful wife, Jeannie. Gil displayed an incredible output of architectural models, including a superb model of the Sgrada Familia, shown in photo five, regrettably out of focus.

redhorse
10-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks much for the photos, Don!

Whoops, I posted before I saw the rest. I want to make paper flowers now, how on earth did she do those??!!

Don Boose
10-27-2009, 07:41 AM
The star of the show was the magificent display of tiny paper flowers and plants by Abby Benner. She carried away the awards for Best Table Display and the People's Choice Award (each participant and visitor was given a ballot and asked to choose the model they liked the best -- Abby was the runaway favorite). I'm sorry that my photos are blurred. I hope someone else took some photos that do justice to her models.

Incidentally, Roman Detyna (Digital Navy) is in the background of the first photo.

The next photo is of Dr Laser's incredible 1/72 DH-2. I'm sorry that all my photos of his display and models, including this one, came out blurred.

Photos 4 and 5 show a small part of Greg (ModelPerry) Perry's table.

Don Boose
10-27-2009, 07:52 AM
The first photo shows Jim McNally's Ulmer Platz model, which won the Architectural Model Award.

Next is Bill Kastenmeier at work on another of his unusual models. His Martian War of the World's machine, with a 1/100 human victim clutched in one of its tentacles, was an honorable mention in the Most Unusual Model category. Unfortunately, the photos are not usuable.

Photo 3 shows Jeff Cwiok's table. His Geli "Storm-Damaged Sukhoi," which was wrecked by a hurricane (Chris Walas is not the only paper modeler threatened by natural disasters) won the Most Unusual Model Award.

Photo 4 is Kevin Stephens's table. Again, my close ups of his fabulous "layered" armored fighting vehicles are not usable, but you can see his Sherman WIP at center front (one of the subjects of Rick Steffers's Stephens-Perry mano-a-mano build competition). Maddy Stephens's C-141 is right front, along with the bowl of lollipops with which Kevin tried to bribe the Awards Committee and the People's Choice voters.

Photo 5 shows Allan (wb4jj) Wheeler's table.

Don Boose
10-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Ron Spencer, the World's Oldest Troll, enters a discussion with Pete Heesch, another of the driving forces behind the IPMC. The Troll was selling off some of his excess models, but here he can't resist buying yet more models from Pete.

In photo 2, Allan Wheeler (left) debates a fine point of paper modeling with the Old Troll (right), while Roman Detyna (seated, center) looks on gleefully. Also visible are Bill Kastenmeier and Carl Erikson, who brought some outstanding ship models (none of which can I show, alas, due to blurriness).

Don Boose
10-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Below is a photo of the Head of the Awards Committee, Allan Wheeler, viewing the ballots for the People's Choice Award before he and I counted them.

Here is a copy of the rules of engagement for the awards:

International Paper Modelers’ Convention 2009

Awards

As has been our custom since time immemorial, prizes will be awarded to exceptional models during the banquet on the evening of October 24, 2009.
People's Choice: Will be awarded to the model voted “best” by all of the visitors and participants. A small card with a number will be placed by each model. Every person who walks through the door will be given a ballot to register their opinion as to the models they think are best by whatever criteria they choose.

Architectural model competition: A new category. A panel of judges with impeccable credentials and of unsurpassed competence, judgment, and good looks will assess all models of buildings and other large, immovable structures. Models will be judged on the basis of craftsmanship (cleanliness of joints, lack of fingerprints and glue smudges, squareness where squareness is appropriate, roundness where roundness is appropriate, and irregularity where irregularity is a virtue), ornamentation and detailing (arcane terms of art used by architectural cognoscenti), distinctiveness of subject matter, and overall ineffability.

Best table display. Prizes will be awarded on the basis of eye appeal, enhancement of the appearance of the models displayed thereupon, and transcendence.
Most unusual model: Surely, you need no explanation of this category. One award; one prize. Determined by the Awards Committee

Awards Committee Special and Previously Unannounced Awards (ACSAPUAS): The Awards Committee will make a number of awards for categories to be announced at the time of the awards ceremony. We anticipate that the Acsapuas will be unanticipated, astonishing, amazing, awe-inspiring, and productive of wonder and delight – or, at the very least, consternation.
Nota Bene: Within this congeries of like-minded artifex chartacia, the process of adjudication and reward will be conducted in a congenial, non-confrontational manner. All judgments are final, beyond dispute, and incontestable. Any person who disagrees will summarily be declared charta not grata et integerum, encased in 65-pound Wausau Bright White Cover Stock, doused with Aileens extra-fast-drying Tacky Glue, freeze-dried, and presented as one of the prizes.

Alan Wheeler and Don Boose

IPMC 2009 Awards Committee

Paperguy
10-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Don
Could you send me the Jpg pictures of Jeanie and I at our table and the closeup of the Familia Sagrada you posted and Jeanie thanks you for the "Beautiful" word
Gil

tazman3
10-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Don, many thanks for the pictures. I appreciate that. If I get to go next year, I'll take many, many, many, pictures for all to see...I know that eveyrone cannot go...like myself this year, I'm in that situation.

Thanks again, Don!
:D

B-Manic
10-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Great pix Don - thanks for sharing.

Don Boose
10-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks for dropping by Tazman3 and Douglas. I look forward to seeing you next year, Taz, and you can be sure I will be taking a lot more photos, too.

It certainly is great fun to have the chance to hang out with other paper modelers (some of them legendary in the hobby), to see all the amazing models, and to share the craft with others.

And, of course, there is the Famous Vaudeville Team of Troll and Boose.

Sample of our rich folk humor: at the awards ceremony, which Allan Wheeler orchestrated, I surprised Allan at the end by telling him that there was one more presentation to reward all his hard work in preparation for the convention and the awards process.

Boose: "Ron Spencer donated this award, Allan, and it's really fantastic. It's unbelievable! It's a CRUISE TO PARIS!"

Troll: "Uh, Don. I hate to interrupt, but I'm afraid you have it wrong again. It isn't a cruise to Paris, it's the cruiser Paris."

Allan (having received the award of the Modelik Paris): "But this isn't a cruiser."

Troll: "Yes, Allan, but 'A battleship to Paris' just wouldn't have worked."

Rimshot.

Don

Bomarc
10-28-2009, 08:33 AM
.....Rimshot.....

"Thank you everybody, we're here all week! Try the veal, and don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses."

Mike

rkelterer
10-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Don and Greg,

thanks a lot for your pictures - It's always a pleasure for me to see all these 'old' mans gathered around all that paper stuff :)

with the best wishes from austria
raimund

rmks2000
10-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Don,

Thanks for the pix. It was great to meet you and many of the other folks from the forum.

Bob

Texman
10-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks Don!

Barry
10-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks Don it would have been good to get there but this will do instead

dansls1
10-29-2009, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the pic's Don. I look forward to trying to make it next year ;)

Wyvern
10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Loved the pictures, Mr. Boose; made me feel as if I was there.

Wyvern

tazman3
10-30-2009, 06:55 AM
Are you guys planning to have this event at the same place/time next year...or at least appx. the same date?

rickstef
10-30-2009, 07:14 AM
As far as we know, we want to be in this hotel, facilities are great, staff is wonderful, and it is easy to get to, even by car.

I will let everyone once we have a date nailed down

Ron Caudillo
10-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi all,
I had a blast meeting the attendees and seeing some FANTASTIC builds!

Here are some of the photos I took, sorry, but in my excitement I forgot to write down who built them! I sincerely apologize for that because you really deserve the credit!

Best Regards,

Ron Caudillo
10-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Here are the remaining photos I took at the convention. Again, I apologize for not writing down the builder's name. GREAT stuff!

Best Regards,

Texman
10-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks Ron!

rickstef
10-30-2009, 08:36 AM
In Ron's first set of pictures you have the following
first 3, first row; Don Boose
last 2, first row; me, Rick Steffers

first 1, second row; Matt Vance
second 2, second row; Kevin Stephens
last 2, second row; Alan Wheeler

first 2, third row; Pierre Lafontaine
second 2, third row; Dr Laser, John Glessner
last 1, third row; Abby Benner

first 1, fourth row; Peter Ansoff
next 3, fourth row; Jeff Cwiok
last 1, fourth row; Bill Kastenmeier

rickstef
10-30-2009, 08:41 AM
In Ron's second set of pictures you will encounter the following

first 1, first row; Jim McNalty
last 4, first row; Greg Perry

first 2, second row; Gil Benson
middle 1, second row; Greg Perry and his Hunley.
last two, second row; John Glessner

first one, third row; John Glessner

Royaloakmin
10-30-2009, 10:33 AM
So I gotta ask, what did Roman Detnya bring??

rickstef
10-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Arizona
Fuso
Square Bridge Fletcher class
another Fletcher class
a Mississippi Paddle Steamer
and the alpha build of his Great Lakes Freighter, Carl W Bradley

rickstef
10-30-2009, 10:40 AM
also, you can see some of my pictures here, especially Roman's ships
Picasa Web Albums - Rick Steffers - 2009 Internat... (http://picasaweb.google.com/rickstef/2009InternationalPaperModelConvention#539620092501 4296194)
Start here picture 18, and go to picture 23

Ron Caudillo
10-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks for supplying the names Rick! Next time I'll have a better plan!

Royaloakmin
10-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks, gents. it's the Bradley that gets me excited. Draf Model just published the Western River, but I don't know if Roman designed it or did a beta build. The Fletchers look pretty nice, too.

member_3
10-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Roman has kindly posted some convention pictures and has added the paddlewheeler "Western River" to his catalog at Digital Navy (http://www.digitalnavy.com/).