PDA

View Full Version : Did I make a mistake?

The-EDSEL
10-13-2007, 11:32 PM
I had the chance to buy "Paint Shop Pro 9" at a yard sale.
$7.00 in the box. The seller had updated to 15 & was clearing out old stuff.
I don't know anything about Paint Shop, so did Imake a mistake in not buying the software??
It did not sell, so I might still be able to get it. But Not knowing how to use it, & maybe not having space on my PC for it, did I goof by not buying it?

Stev0
10-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Maybe ...

http://www.amazon.com/Corel-Paint-Shop-Pro-Version/dp/B0002W2UMW

If it was Photoshop 7 (version 10 is out now I think) then I would say you made a mistake as that is about $700-800. Paintshop Pro is about $100 for the current version. A very good price if you want to buy a solid piece of 2D editing software.

You always have space for a good tool that can help out in many ways.

Kaz
10-14-2007, 02:44 AM
PSP is good, and I believe you missed out on a bargain, I bought v8 and it comes with a real live book, not an 'on disk' pdf, so I hope thats included.
Doesnt Phil use PSP as his 'cad' drawing tool?

Just saw you had no space on your pc... mine uses 281 Mb plus what ever you might need for opening images and some cache for the undo's.

Golden Bear
10-14-2007, 10:02 AM
PSP 8 and higher have the ability to edit Adobe files... so 9 would have been a good buy in my opinion. I upgraded from 6 to 10 and use it for my coloring work.

MOS95B
10-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Go back and get it NOW!!!!

You definitely won't regret it. It's worth it for the limited PDF editing ability alone

The-EDSEL
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the info. IF I can get it I will.
But Does It come with a good tutorial?? it was in its box, complete as far as I could tell. She said that her husband ugraded to v15.
Is That what Bert Monroy is using on "PixelPerfect"?
I don't Know ANYTHING about this knd of software!
IS this just a Partiall version of PAint Shop? OR was it a complete version??
As for Hard-Drive space, I added a 250GB H-D & have less than 32 GB left on that! and the original was only an 80 GB & that is basiccally Full!
I think the first thing I need to do, is get my CD & DVD burners either working again, or replaced so I can save everything to disc!

dustey
10-15-2007, 12:07 AM
lol you sound like me with the hard drive space im running 3 comps now and one just has my photoshop,punch and other graphics programs on it all 3 have 2 hard drives 100 to 200 gig each i do alot of work with paintshop 9 aswell i got the software when i went to school for photo resoration and editing and cant aford to upgrade but im very comfortable with v9 i still use photoshop 7 and corel 6. if you can grab it for that price you wont be unhappy with it thats for sure

MOS95B
10-15-2007, 08:11 AM
There are tons of tutorials online for PhotoShop

Kaz
10-15-2007, 11:01 AM
32 mb will just about open a largish image. You will definately need to upgrade your hdd or send some stuff to a CD/DVD.

MOS95B
10-15-2007, 12:48 PM
There are tons of tutorials online for PhotoShop
errr... I mean Paint Shop.... :D

SCEtoAUX
10-15-2007, 03:05 PM
You could check out PaintShop Pro User Group Forum (http://pspug.org/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl). There are lots of good advice there as well as lots of resources on learning and using PSP. Good folks, too.:)

The-EDSEL
10-15-2007, 10:27 PM
I do have a second PC I could put it on. But.....
When I say there is nothing on it, I Mean Absolutely Nothing!! Not even The OS!!
Another Yard Sale find for $20.00 but the seller had taken the Hard-Drive out instead of wiping it!
I now have a 40GB Drive in it, but I need the OS for it.
Any one here have a Compaq Pressario 7120US?? Or the OS install disc??
I can send blank CD's, or DVD's, or could it be uploaded to MegaUIpLoad, GigaSize, etc??

After I get the second PC up & Running, I will have to figure out how to connect them to each other.

dansls1
10-16-2007, 04:40 AM
It would probably be easier to put the 2nd hard drive in the first computer as a slave than to get the whole second computer up and running - and you don't need to install another OS that way.

dustey
10-16-2007, 08:28 AM
edsel i may have that believe it or not, i was a computer tech before i had to go on disability i have i know several compaq system disks unfortunatly they are in the closet so i wont be able to get to them till the weekend.but even w/o the disk i can no doupt help you in some way or other.even if i have to phone tech you threw a non compaq os install and find you all the specific drivers for that computer.. fortunatly i still have most of my resorces :-)..
missy

The-EDSEL
10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I was not clear about the second H-D & the second PC.
I have an 80 GB Master H-D & the 250 GB secondary in this HP-Pavillion I am using for internet. Both are close to full. If I can get a file wiping software like BCWipe I can create a lot of free space because my recylce bin is full & clicking 'Empty' does not open the space effectively.
The second PC has what is my 'Third' H-D. An SATA 40 GB that was given to me. Although the PC uses EIDE, the person who gave me the Drive says I can use it in the Computer. If I understand what he said, the ATA is Backword-compatable, the IDE will not work in a PC designed for ATA.
All I need is the OS for the Compaq(PC #2)
I have an offer on the way thanks to another member here (John)
I could TRY to use the 9 Disc OS for this HP in the Compaq, but with only a 40 GB H-D, I would have less than 15-20 GB to use.
AND Would the Compaq accept the HP OS??.

Many Thanks for all of your help.