PDA

View Full Version : Jay's Viper MKII

Sidewinder81777
10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Wish the fold lines were not so prominent on this otherwise excellent model. Easy build and no complaints otherwise.

Next model will get a full build thread and is a surprise! The only clues I will give is, 1: It is from the star wars universe, 2: Ive never heard of anybody building it, 3: I have recently seen somebody being enthusiastic about somebody building this ship.

Feel free to use this thread for guesses, If somebody guesses right i will start the build thread at that point, if nobody gets it I will post everything opon completion

mchale
10-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Good job buddy you did great

marksolo
10-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Nice build Sidewinder.

And let me take a few stabs at your next build:

1. V Wing Fighter?
2. LAAT Republic Gunship?
3. E Wing Fighter?
4. Y wing Fighter?

How many guesses are we allowed anyway?

Sidewinder81777
10-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Nice build Sidewinder.

And let me take a few stabs at your next build:

1. V Wing Fighter?
2. LAAT Republic Gunship?
3. E Wing Fighter?
4. Y wing Fighter?

How many guesses are we allowed anyway?

Nope, and I did the V-Wing already, you commented on it remember ;)

vulcan8630
10-28-2009, 07:32 PM
GREAT work!

I was hoping to see a building thread on this as I am a novice. (I have only built a paper dodecahedron calendar so far!)

Hmmmm, I wonder what some options would be to get rid of the fold lines?

1) Could matching color ink correction fluid help?
2) Using acrylic paints?
3) Finger nail polish?

Just putting out some ideas to make the model look better!

marksolo
10-28-2009, 08:10 PM
is it from the expanded universe?

mb1701d
10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Clone Wars Y-Wing ?

Sidewinder81777
10-28-2009, 08:29 PM
No not Y-Wing, Yes from expanded universe

mb1701d
10-28-2009, 08:35 PM
A nice job on the Viper, but I see what you mean about the fold lines.

marksolo
10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Z95 headhunter?

Victory class destroyer?

Outrider?

Tie Averger?

marksolo
10-28-2009, 08:56 PM
V-19 Torrent Starfighter?

cMags
10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
If you're interested in building another, there's a version floating out there somewhere with the fold lines removed and the engines blacked out. I think it might have been Paragon, but I'll look. I know I have the files somewhere in the gigabytes...

Sidewinder81777
10-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks Chris, go ahead and shoot it to me :D
And all guesses so far are WRONG :p
OK, OK, OK, 1 more clue, a VERY well done model of a ship closely related to this one was fairly recently posted on this forum.

marksolo
10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
ok ok it is got to be the Raven Claw!

or the Shrike

but I am leaning toward Raven Claw

Sidewinder81777
10-28-2009, 09:56 PM
DING DING DING DING!!!! Give the man a cigar! And I only had to practically give it away :p It is the Raven's Claw. Starting the thread immediately, will go ahead and post what i have.

marksolo
10-28-2009, 10:24 PM
i thought you were on a fighter streak so i was thinking mainly of fighters rather than personal rides.

anyway, here are some Mk IIs I built when the model first came out. these pics were already posted at the old Z site but i thought i use this opportunity to show them again. you can see i that i used a knife to score the fold lines and was too lazy to cover up the cuts. many modelers calls that blasphemy!

Sidewinder81777
10-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Yeah but the claw is just too cool looking to pass up ;) I will be right back to fighters afterwards

Rhaven Blaack
10-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Sidewinder,

That is a very nice looking viper. As always, you have done a great job on it. I do have to agree with you on the fold lines. it does take a little away from the model, but other then that, like I said, it looks very nice.

Looking forward to your new build thread.

Rhaven Blaack
10-29-2009, 12:50 AM
Marksolo,

I think you did a good job on the builds. they look good. If you are happy with them, then the purests (that did not like what you did to improve the looks of your models) can frak off.

Keep up the good work.

marksolo
10-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Rhaven Blaack:

Thanks for the kind words, but I spend so much time trying to "Keep Up" with what Sindewinder is doing I hardly have time for modeling any more, LOL.

(Takes him only a night to build the viper, took me 7 days!)

Mark

Rhaven Blaack
10-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Marksolo,

Some word of advise (and please take it for what it is worth), You do not have to keep up with the "Joneses" as it were. Yes, Sidewinder is a fantastic modeler and so are you. I have been teaching my self this hobbie for quite a few years now, and I still have a whole hell of a lot to learn. For4 the longest time I thought that I was the only one that was into this kind of hobby. I would talk to people about it and I got some really odd looks and people thought that I was crazy or pour (or in some cases just stupid). I greatly enjoy this hobby. I do not let any one or any thing get in the way of that. So what, if I am not that good, but I still do it(not to compete with other, but) because I enjoy it.
If you try to compete with others, then you start to loose the interest (unless that is the only reason for modeling for you) in the hobby.
So in closing, do not worry how long it takes you to build a model. Just enjoy your self, take your time and keep up the good work (and if you feel the need to "Keep up" with some one, look in the mirror, and try to "keep up with the person that is looking back at you).
Your models are great. You do great work.
KEEP IT UP!!!

marksolo
10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the advice, RB. And in good time too.

Now I will take a few deep breaths, relax and hopefully avoid going into cardiac arrest. It is time to chill :cool:

You are absolutely right, modeling should be fun! I am never going to finish all the kits I printed anyway

Rhaven Blaack
10-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Marksolo,

I know what it is like to have projects on the "back burner", guest up mate, it is ok. I have been working on a scratch build of a remodified Buck Rogers Star Fighter (of my own design), but I have been having major problems with it. So it has bee WIP for a few months now. I am hoping that now IU am on the right track. Once I get it done I will post it.

just have fun and enjoy. :) :) :)

marksolo
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Looking forward to see your Buck Rogers fighter.
Thanks again for the encouragements.

airdave
10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
I have been thinking about building a BSG craft for some time
and you are right, sidewinder, this is a nice looking kit.

I can fix those fold lines!
I can give this thing a real nice repaint!

who's kit is it?
where can I get it?

follow-up! okay, I got it!! should have done some searching first before I asked.
hes got some nice kits!
and I am gonna try a repaint on this Viper!

Sushibones
10-29-2009, 12:10 PM
It was designed by Jaybats of Jaybat's box of card toys Jay's Box of Sci-Fi CardToys | ...stuff hard to find anywhere else (http://www.freewebs.com/jaybats/dealerschoice.htm)