PDA

View Full Version : IAF Aircraft Help!!

John Bowden
10-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey Guys,

I need a jpeg or close up picture of an Israeli ejection seat decal for a re-color I'm working on. I looked on the net and haven't found anyhting I can use. I need one from the 50-60 era, but at 1/48 scale I could make a newer one work.

Moshe....... anyone........help!

john

Moshe
10-29-2009, 03:12 PM
John,

As far as I remember, the only things in Hebrew on the ejection seats of the I.A.F. aircrafts are the text on the remove-before-flight red tags. And if there is anything else on the seats, labels or stickers they are very tiny in this scale.

Pm solo67, he might have more current info on these.

airdave
10-29-2009, 04:05 PM
yes, what aircraft? is it an american or british made aircraft?

I would think who ever made the aircraft would just change the original lettering on the ejection seat...so you could start with the basic seat and redo any visible tags.

ct ertz
10-29-2009, 07:14 PM
What's ya working on? I like IAF planes, still waiting for a B-17 with IAF markings. Anyhow, can't help you here though...

John Bowden
10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks Moshe I'll check with him........ heck I guess I could have just looked at the copy of the A-4 I got from you......... DUH!

AirDave & ct ertz....... I haven't cleared it yet with the designer so I'll keep it under my hat for the time being. Sorry.

ct ertz........ hmmm B-17....... I'd like that myself. I guess I could give Chip a shout and see if it would go over with him.
So you just might get your wish........

john

John Bowden
10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
And I guess I should have been clearer......... it one like this but you know....... in Hebrew.

airdave
10-29-2009, 09:53 PM
this is an interesting topic, and I did some research.

good chance the ejection seat in question was made by a company like martin-baker.
and unless it was an Israeli made aircraft, all markings, decals, etc are in english.

I found many photos that show that personalized markings on an aircraft may be in hebrew,
but all the original manufacturers markings, tags, stickers are still in english.
Heres a good example of an Israeli Air Force Fighter;

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/1868716.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F106A3A3D94FD88ACA59 B01E70F2B3269972

theres no reason to assume that ejection seats had hebrew stickers on them...

unless maybe, you want something that doesn't really exist?
then this might work:

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/data/676/israeli_eject_seat.jpg

Moshe
10-30-2009, 12:30 AM
unless maybe, you want something that doesn't really exist?
then this might work:

You are right :D This particular text, does not really exist. It is only an incorrect translation (the text inside the triangle.

John, on page#2 of the color parts of the A-4N, there is something, but not in Hebrew. Ask the other Moshe (solo67), he should have something.

airdave
10-30-2009, 06:20 AM
I created the sign from scratch...the graphic/word "danger" is from an Israeli roadside Sign, warning about rock slides...and the interior lettering is the closest thing I could come up with using a hebrew-English translator, it loosely means "ejaculation chair" (LOL)

Texman
10-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Oh, I see the jokes lining up now!!

Moshe
10-30-2009, 06:42 AM
I created the sign from scratch...the graphic/word "danger" is from an Israeli roadside Sign, warning about rock slides...and the interior lettering is the closest thing I could come up with using a hebrew-English translator, it loosely means "ejaculation chair" (LOL)

Those online translators are a piece of junk, when it comes to translate anything from/to Hebrew. The text in the triangle says "To eject a chair".

And the correct phrase is: "ejection seat" - כסא מפלט - in Hebrew.
I apologize for those who do not have Hebrew fonts installed.

airdave
10-30-2009, 07:04 AM
okay, here you go...with Moshe's correct text

http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/data/676/israeli_eject_seat_proper.jpg

thanks Moshe...but I still think "ejaculate the seat" is much funnier!

John Bowden
10-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Well alright!

Thanks guys............ I'll use this and at the scale it should look pretty good.

Alright Tex.......... keep it clean:p

CMDRTED
10-30-2009, 09:02 AM
As interesting and intruiging as this thread is I have to go now,
PREMATURELY!!!!!

John Bowden
10-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Ahhh......... number 1 ......... joke that is...........