PDA

View Full Version : pepakura HEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry
10-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Please can some one help me

I downloaded the latest version of Pepakura 2.1.6

This has suddenly (to me) decided to move the scaling from Height only to breadth or length as it pleases. As far as I am concerned this males it worse than useless as you cannot get a single part out this way.

1 is there anyway of specifying which parameter it chooses

2 Has anyone got the previous version which did not do this.

Apart from anything else I am kicking myself for not saving the last version of Pepakura 2.

Phil
10-24-2007, 03:58 PM
I believe I have the older version, pm me with your email and I will send it to you.

Barry
10-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Phil

many, many thanks old friend as usual someone has already rescued me from my stupidity that's the nice thing about this site.

I just do not understand them making such a change without a manual option to stay as is. Maybe they have but I can't find it.

Thought my designing days were over for a while there no way could I be bothered to sit and do maths as well as design bits.

wunwinglow
10-27-2007, 02:58 AM
Barry, do the 2D development thing so the program has some data, then go to the 2DPaterrnWindow... Menu. click on the Recalculate Parts Layout... and in the lower half of the dialog box, select the Specify Value button, then you can type in the scale factor you need directly. Just make sure this is the same number for each set of parts from your original model data. Pepekura is designed to make those little weird Japanese figurines really, when the actiual scale doesn't matter, just the final height of the model when assembled. I agree this is a bit obscure for us engineering types, but here is how you get around the problem!

Tim

Barry
10-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the reply Tim what caused my concern was that Pepakura possibly realising that all users did not want to use just height modified the program to allow height width and breadth as the baseline. I spent a very frustrating day trying to scale Colossus with constantly changing results until I finally noticed an extra in the scaling box width if I went to do the flight deck separately and height on other bits.

I sent an email to Tamasoft which they replied to in English a couple of days later as follows :-

Dear Barry gilder,

We received your question via Web form:
----
Is it possible to obtain the version which ONLY USES HEIGHT for scaling.

varying the scale position causes endless problems designing large model ships in parts

Preferably can you make this a choice in future
----

You can set the scale by selecting the menu;
[2DPatternWindow]-[Recalculate Parts Layout..]. Please enter the scale
or assembled size (you can set the height) into the dialog.

Regards,

-------------------------------------
Tama Software Ltd.
Pepakura Designer support office confirms
[email protected]
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/
-------------------------------------

I had already reloaded the program to the old version so I have not tried this and at the moment I am too idle to try it out. I am very impressed with their customer service and had intended to post this today anyway.

regards

barry