PDA

View Full Version : Canon's Hwaseong Fortress

cdavenport
12-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Canon models are some of the best. I was amazed at the level of detail in this model that only measures 9.375 inches at the base. It really holds up fairly well in my staged photo. (I need training in digital art to make these look more photo real.)

That's my son, Michael, who needed the model for a class project he is doing. He and I worked on that model a solid 8 hours!

2Kamser
12-07-2009, 10:43 AM
8 hours? that was quick :D
another talent to be a master builder :)
nice building btw

30-06
12-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Dad & Son workin' and grabbin' a bite of sandwich in between - Great Memories -
Thanks
Gregor

SCEtoAUX
12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Lookin' good there. It is amazing how much detail you can get with those models. I bet the class was empressed.

Mike Stamper
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I really liked the picture of the "two of you" in front of the building.

Don't apologise for the quality..... I'm still trying to work out how this site works !!!!!!

Nice to see your son likes making models. My daughter likes the models but just asks me to make them for her. Oh well - at least I don't have to decide what model to make next ;-)

The problem is that she has a new boyfriend and he rides a Yamaha motorcycle and my daughter knows their site.......

Cheers
Mike

cdavenport
12-08-2009, 06:54 PM
The problem is that she has a new boyfriend and he rides a Yamaha motorcycle and my daughter knows their site.......
Cheers
Mike

In this case, it might be better to throw in the towel and build her a plastic one! ON the other hand, Yamaha does have less complicated motorcycles.

Don Boose
12-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Great model, Major D and Michael!

I love to see these family projects -- I have often visited the original Hwaseong Fortress Gate in Suwon.

Don

cdavenport
12-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Great model, Major D and Michael!

I love to see these family projects -- I have often visited the original Hwaseong Fortress Gate in Suwon.

Don

I was stationed in Korea, too! I loved my tour of duty. My favorite spot was the temple at Haeinsa where they kept the 80,000 tablets.