PDA

View Full Version : Price increase at PTA...

nebeltex
12-13-2009, 09:45 PM
The time has finally come, after 5+ years, to increase our prices at papertigerarmaments.com. Effective January 1, 2010 the prices of most of our models will go from $2.50 USD to $3.00 USD. We have a better selection of better models and we feel the market will bear this increase. We also feel the prices are fair and there is, unfortunately, a need to offset increasing business costs. We would like to thank everyone for their support over the years and we look forward to much more modeling to come. Cheers, c.b.

RyanShort
12-13-2009, 09:48 PM
You sure you can't raise them to $5 or so? Will the market bear it? Almost all of the pl@$t1c models usable for 1/72 wargaming are $7 and up these days for ONE kit, and we all know that you can do multiple models from one digital download. Also, could you put your website address in your signature so that it's easier for others to find? You've got great products...

Ryan

RyanShort
12-13-2009, 09:52 PM
One other idea - would you be willing to offer a "collection" say of all of the kits, or all of the Axis or all of the Allies kits? It would make ordering a large number of them easier.

Ryan

Zakopious
12-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Looks like it is time to place an order with PTA before 01 JAN 09.

Incidently, that is my wife's birthday.
Hmmm!
I wonder if she would like some PTA models for her birthday?

I know that I would.

nebeltex
12-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Ryan,
i think a 100% increase would be a little much...lol! we do plan on packaging models together in the near future. they will be sets of "forces", e.g. early war Russians (the first sets) and other nationality combinations. each set will have vehicles, aircraft, soldier flats, buildings, and gaming rules. there will be a price break for the combined "force" models and a further price break for purchasing an opposing force when they become available.

on a cheaper note, we are just about to release a new free aircraft download. this will be the air force O1F Bird dog to honor a fallen hero.

Zak,
i bought my (now ex) wife a push lawn-mower one year.....

Zakopious
12-14-2009, 08:24 AM
About thirty years ago, my wife's car battery died on Valentines Day.

So, I bought her a Die-Hard battery for Valentines Day.

She still reminds me of this from time to time.

airdave
12-14-2009, 08:44 AM
About thirty years ago, my wife's car battery died on Valentines Day.

So, I bought her a Die-Hard battery for Valentines Day.

She still reminds me of this from time to time.

as long as you put a red bow on it, I don't see what she has to complain about! shheeesh, some women....

Don Boose
12-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Cliff -- Sounds like a very modest increase, given the quality of your models and service. I think I own all the Allied military equipment, but look forward to the day when you beginning producing Japanese armor. Don

nebeltex
12-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. In all fairness, the ex actually asked for the push (non-motorized) mower because she thought it would be good exercise. She was right, though she never used it! I had to cut her loose because she would lose her temper and start stomping paper models.... then she started stomping me.

Men do have a certain reputation for practical gift giving, but women seem to appreciate the impractical gifts more....

John Bowden
12-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah.......... it a Earth...er Mars - Venus thing............

Like I want a new rug beside the bed........... right........ just get me a new rod or reel!