PDA

View Full Version : measurement problem with sketchup

2Kamser
12-22-2009, 12:53 AM
i'm a newbie to desingning models and this is my first serious attempt
but i noticed this one strange thing
i make a part 24" wide, but when i raise it 16" i only seem to get half i.e. 8" :confused::confused:
if i make another part 16" high next to this part i can visibly see that it's twice the height of the piece i raised to 16" - what am i doing wrong
i had done all my parts and started to test build, but on the first part i noticed this problem :mad:
hope someone can point me in the right direction
/Håkan

ct ertz
12-22-2009, 08:15 AM
I us sketch up often. There is a lot of strange things that I have not figured out yet.

Is it possible that there is a line drawn up to the eight inch mark on your first piece that is blocking the push/pull from going further? Dose it tell you, (off set limit)?

If all else fails, you may have to just make that frst piece eight inches, then push/pull it up another eight to finish it.

CT

2Kamser
12-22-2009, 02:44 PM
hi CT, SU doesn't tell me anything. I make a circle, type in 24", and press enter to get a circle 24 inches wide, then i use push/pull, raise it just enough so i see it is pulling the right surface, type 16", and press enter - and get approx 8 inches of lift.
beginning to think sketchup is thinking as i'm in the middle of the circle (half) then i raise it half (as i'm in the middle) - if you understand what i mean