PDA

View Full Version : I give you Greelt's f-1 and F-1 engine

2Kamser
02-20-2010, 06:53 PM
just completed a fun build
printed Greelt's F-1 enging in A3 format, and what a beauty it is to do, perfect fit all the way, no problens getting it to match up
the normal A4 printout was one of the first models i did roughly 1 year ago
now - just how big would Greelt's other S-1C parts be in A3 format? :eek::eek:
maybe - just maybe i will do it but... :cool:

peter taft
02-20-2010, 07:01 PM
just completed a fun build
printed Greelt's F-1 enging in A3 format, and what a beauty it is to do, perfect fit all the way, no problens getting it to match up
the normal A4 printout was one of the first models i did roughly 1 year ago
now - just how big would Greelt's other S-1C parts be in A3 format? :eek::eek:
maybe - just maybe i will do it but... :cool:

Very very nice build of one of THE best GREELT's :) has for the MAYBE....BUT, NO buts, NO maybe's - you just know you're gonna' do it ;)

BARX2
02-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Great builds!

Barry
02-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Fine looking work

KieferRhys
02-21-2010, 03:55 AM
If you'r gonna go for it then be warned, each engine is going to be about 7 or 8 inches tall, adding the thrust stage takes it to about 20 inches tall and completing the first stage takes it to about 6 - 61/2 ft. Final build at 1/24 is 15ft. Of course, at that scale, think of all the extra detail you could throw in - stripings, internal structure in the LM and CM, the list barely bears thinking about. Good Luck!

2Kamser
02-21-2010, 04:28 AM
thanks guys
well that really is a BIG IF, if i'm gonna do it :eek::eek::eek:
at least the S-1C is doable in that size but the whole smash?
i would need something i aint got - a big house :D
besides from that, at that zize th bottom parts would need a lot of reinfocements to cope with the weight :eek:
but in a sense is the reason they ended up choosing LOR - weight :cool:

paulhbell
02-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Both nice builds.

A 15ft Saturn V, that would be an excellent build. I'd love to see that done.

peter taft
02-21-2010, 08:12 AM
If you'r gonna go for it then be warned, each engine is going to be about 7 or 8 inches tall, adding the thrust stage takes it to about 20 inches tall and completing the first stage takes it to about 6 - 61/2 ft. Final build at 1/24 is 15ft. Of course, at that scale, think of all the extra detail you could throw in - stripings, internal structure in the LM and CM, the list barely bears thinking about. Good Luck!

Both nice builds.

A 15ft Saturn V, that would be an excellent build. I'd love to see that done.

HINT HINT !! Go for a Horizontal approach in stages across one of your walls :D Seriously though, this would be one hell of a project, and one that could be taken around to events which require a certain something.... ;)

2Kamser
02-21-2010, 12:10 PM
i see the lure, shall i go for it? :eek:
think i might just do it :D
got a couple of other builds to do first, among them two other space related thing with one of them a double build in a diorama (i hope) :cool:

peter taft
02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
i see the lure, shall i go for it? :eek:
think i might just do it :D
got a couple of other builds to do first, among them two other space related thing with one of them a double build in a diorama (i hope) :cool:

Now my heart is beating VERY FAST, you.. you.... teaser :eek: OMG the man is actually going to DO THIS :eek: i call that a RESULT !

and just to get you all FIRED up.... ENJOY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rXtG3vfAlA

Marco
02-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Excellent build!

Darth Windius
02-22-2010, 03:51 AM
What a buid!!:)

I was˛tinking of building a 1/48 Satun V, either Ton's either this one completed for the moment by Ton's missing pieces (The Grieltz F-1 are WONDERFULL, but 1/24, I can't follow...

Congrats and Courage!!!!!:):)

2Kamser
02-22-2010, 11:26 AM
just printing the thrust structure in A3
that will show me if it will be possible to do it...

2Kamser
02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
all pages printed, and this thing will be HUGE :eek::eek::eek:
just as the real thing :cool: :D

peter taft
02-22-2010, 07:31 PM
all pages printed, and this thing will be HUGE :eek::eek::eek:
just as the real thing :cool: :D

You are a BAD man...:D This is just one hell of a tease - We can only IMAGINE, can't wait for the PICTURES when you commence the TEST to see if this is possible to do, pull this off and.. and.... you will be admired here, there and everywhere - probably there will also be a noticeable lack of INK in the supply chain, and the paper factories will be working their butts off to get the stacks to you :D

2Kamser
02-23-2010, 03:43 AM
just hope Greelt will continue with the stack, and hopefully do the complete monty

lancer525
02-23-2010, 08:19 AM
thanks guys
well that really is a BIG IF, if i'm gonna do it :eek::eek::eek:
at least the S-1C is doable in that size but the whole smash?
i would need something i aint got - a big house :D
besides from that, at that zize th bottom parts would need a lot of reinfocements to cope with the weight :eek:
but in a sense is the reason they ended up choosing LOR - weight :cool:

You could use 1mm and 2mm chipboard, and 1/4" foamcore to beef up the structure... And, you could do what von Braun did to strengthen the walls of the S1C: Corrugate them. It would add a fair bit of circumference to the cylinder of the stage, but it would make a really nice touch too. Just thinking about it, that is... :eek:

2Kamser
02-23-2010, 11:03 AM
just cut out the two bottom parts of the thrust structure
it will be 30 cms or approx 12"
mmmmmm... :D

2Kamser
02-23-2010, 01:29 PM
here's the link to the testbuild

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/pasa-paper-aeronautical-space-administration/7155-greelts-s-1c-1-48-scale-a3-printout-testbuild.html

Mark Petersen
02-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Assemblies like this are one of the reasons that I prefer to build fixturing* when having to do mutiples. It may be overkill but then I have less likely hood of tripping over my own fingers :rolleyes:. My problem is life keeps rearing its ugly head and getting in the way. :mad:. At 1/48th this thing is big enough. At 1/24th the idea of doing the whole vehilce is something else. You get to that big IMO you are looking at doing the model out of heavier art papers and redisigning the parts to allow for printing banner style. Especially for the skins on the thrust structure and the stages.

* The Toolmaker in me keeps popping out