PDA

View Full Version : Longer List of Latest Files in Downloads

cMags
02-22-2010, 11:18 AM
This suggestion got lost in the crash, so here it is again:

I'd like to see the ability to view all files in the downloads section by upload date. This way, if more than 3 or 4 files are uploaded since the last time you visited the page (like now when people are re-uploading files), you don't need to check all categories, you can just view the latest uploads like you do with the New Posts function.

Thanks!

SJPONeill
02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I notice that Zealot seems t o use the same system for managing its downloads and it shows the latest 10 new files so it might actually be a simple thing to do - certainly I would prefer a longer list as when there is a surge of creative energies it is hard to see what is new...

Jason
03-04-2010, 11:58 PM
It is a good suggestion, and hopefully the add the ability to search by upload date, but as it is a free add on, I am not sure if they will. But you never know. I know they released a newer version for the new version of the forum software, so I will have a look.

Jason

Retired_for_now
03-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Jason, might also be a good time to revise the tree structure for the downloads. Better organized for people to find things - group the alternate realities by subject/theme; separate out real space; aviation by era, military, civil, etc.

Yogi

Jason
03-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Sounds like a plan. Just need to find the time. :(

Jason

30-06
03-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi -
Speaking of downloads, does anyone have the helodiagram instructions for the HH-53 and HH-60 Jayhawk. I tried the download at zealot, and it won't open. Any help would be appreciated -
Gregor

jleslie48
03-06-2010, 12:00 PM
seconded. All I care about is being able to sort by DATE the downloads. the entire list. even if you just make a excel spreadsheet of the models, the date loaded, and the url that would be fine.

SJPONeill
03-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi -
Speaking of downloads, does anyone have the helodiagram instructions for the HH-53 and HH-60 Jayhawk. I tried the download at zealot, and it won't open. Any help would be appreciated -
Gregor

The download server at zealot is the LEAST reliable I have ever come across - it regularly sends out incomplete files i.e. halts the download before it is completed. The easiest way to check is if the downloaded file size is the same as the file size stated on the site.

cMags
03-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Looks like our Latest Files list has doubled to 8. That's a good start. It's a lot more rare to come across the list and see that 7 files have been uploaded since the last time you checked rather than 3.

Re: Zealot downloads. There was some discussion at one point and it was noted that the issue was less prevalent depending on the browser you use. I forget the specifics, but if you're using IE, try Firefox. If you're using Firefox, try IE.