PDA

View Full Version : FG Panzer III Practice Build

Sammuel
03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Group;

Since the last postings are lost......this is what I have completed to date. Going pretty well and taking my time. Great build to work on my skills. I have more to do, but should have it done in a week or so.

I have plenty of projects on my bench waiting to get started.

Sam

jagolden01
03-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Looks good! The parts layering really makes things pop.

Paperwarrior
03-01-2010, 08:03 PM
That is looking great. I agree with jagolden01...the layering really does make it come to life. I see the turret in the background...that is coming along nice, too!

Looking forward to your next posting on this.

Sammuel
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Thank you for your feedback. It's a huge training project for me. I'm still new to the scratchbuilding world also. I'm having a good time building.

Sam

Sammuel
03-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I just set the turret in. I also started adding some detail to the tools on deck. Plenty of fun work to come. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Sam

KCStephens
03-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Sam, It's looking great... Keep up the good work.

Sammuel
03-02-2010, 11:27 PM
KC

Thanks for your support.

Sam

jmr248
03-17-2010, 07:27 PM
I like the layered look you have obtained. Being a newby, how do you decide how thick the layered part will be? The hatches really stand out.

Sammuel
03-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the comments. I should be done with this project in a day or so and will post more photos. Tons of info from the great guys in this group. I just started myself and asked the same question. To me its all about what catches my eye. I like when parts stand out. I used 1mm card on the hatches. It depends on the size of the hatch. I also have used 125lb card stock and layered it 3x to get the thickness I liked.
As other told me when I started about 3 months ago, "just keep building" and "if you make a mistake, just print up another sheet".

Sam

Paperwarrior
03-18-2010, 05:41 AM
Sam, Ditto to Kevin. This tank is coming along great. It really shows what you can do with the basic models of FG. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see more!!

ghshinn
03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Sam,

Looks really good! You've inspired me to try it. Right now I'm finishing up a Spad XIII (large) and beginning a Fokker Dr. 1 (regular). I haven't posted any pictures yet, but I plan to as soon as I learn how!

Garland

Sammuel
03-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Garland;

Thanks for the comments. I still have the Panzer III on the workbench. Should have it done soon. I side stepped and worked on a plastic kit that I wanted to do to get some brush painting skills. I will post that one over in the section of other things we build.

Talk with you soon.

Sam