PDA

View Full Version : 1:100 Tanks

The Orange
04-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Whew, well this week is spring break so I decided to take a break on designing and make some builds. Since I can't really start anything big, this is what I've done so far. I've also gotten my little brother to join me in paper modeling and these are his first models that he's built (King Tiger 2 is his first and the SU 100 being his 2nd.) He's excited in taking up this hobby and he's going to be doing much more complex models after he gets used to building these models.

These models are provided courtesy of Rawen and Michal Tichy (Paran on the forums). Thread - http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/armory/4025-free-minipanzers-1-100-rawen-pa.html

Thank you Rawen and Michal for these awesome models! :)

In the photos, there are 2 King Tiger 2's, 2 SU 100's and 1 Comet. He wanted me to build models along with him, so I built the SU 100 and King Tiger 2 with him. We both are in production of the Comet, but he doesn't have anything done yet on that model. Hope you guys like it!

Little note, I'm also building the Jule's M2A2 Bradley along with these 1:100 "mini panzers" and I really love it!

marksolo
04-06-2010, 09:54 PM
nice pics, good job!

dell_zantoz
04-06-2010, 10:19 PM
That's a nice one, an M2 Bradley with an SU-100 turret.

KCStephens
04-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I love the little SU-100...also can't wait to see more of Jule's M2 Bradley

pařan
04-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow.
Thanks for this, it makes me happy :D
Nice build;)

rockpaperscissor
04-07-2010, 09:41 AM
They came out very well. Congrats :). These are fun because you can come up with a pretty nice looking model in a short time. I'm nearly done with my own Su 100, but I'm a slow builder. Might have pics up in a couple of weeks (just being realistic). Looking forward to seeing more of these from you.

The Orange
04-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments :)

@Paran: Thank you so much for these models! I especially love the Comet tank with the 3D Carriage!

@Rockpaperscissors: I'd love to see some pictures of your Su 100!

The Comet is probably going to be my last mini tank model for a while, I'll be focusing more on Jule's Bradley and Nobi's Cromwell (Which I hope to finish before the summer, so I can start on my ISU-152 Modelik).

The 3D carriage for the Comet tank is difficult! I'm at a disadvantage because I lack tweezers and circle cutters. Hopefully I can get one of those Japanese hole punching kits before I move onto the kits I plan to build.

So far I've done the first set of wheels for the left side of the tank. I've also pre-fit the tread guard and the treads, just to make sure there won't be fit issues. I've noticed that the treads are a tad short so I'll need to lengthen them.

pařan
04-09-2010, 11:11 AM
They are short. Hmm, do you know how much exactly? In fact I didn't test 3D carriage. If you want, I can do fast correction and send it to you. In future I'm going to do reedition, so, this mistake should be fixed.

rockpaperscissor
04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Your comet is looking great, Orange! I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. My copy doesn't have the 3D carriage. Where did you find that version? I'd prefer it over the 2D file that I have. My Su 100 is moving along. Rear deck is going on now. Then I have to build the main gun and fuel tanks and she's done. I usually mount my models on a paper base with some groundwork, so that'll take bit more time. I'm not sure yet if I'll use Paran's base, or one of my own designs.

The Orange
04-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Paran: Well, they're about 1-2 mm short (See picture), since they're short about 1-2 mm of a white strip can be seen on both sides. It's not a problem, I was just going to to print extra track pieces to cover it up :)

Rockpaperscissor: Thanks! The 3D carriage can be found on page 5 of Paran and Rawen's tank thread - http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/armory/4025-free-minipanzers-1-100-rawen-pa-5.html - Sounds good, can't wait to see it! The fuel tanks and the gun come out really nice in terms of design work. I'm interested in seeing how you'll mount your model on a base, I personally built the bases Paran gave. However, the SU 100 wasn't one of the listed models so I just edited one of the blank plaque pieces and put it in. It's a pretty good base if you try it.

So all I have left on the Comet it the tracks. I finished the wheels yesterday, and boy, they were a doozy. However, after I finished them I was so happy! I plan to do some detailing too, but I have to go picture hunting before I do that :)

rockpaperscissor
04-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Got the 3D version of the Comet. Thanks. I've got to reread the thread a little closer this time. Well, I'm moving right along on my mini Su 100. The rear deck and fuel tanks are on. All that's left now is the main gun and mantlet. I rotated part A 90 degrees to align it with the paper grain. Easier to roll, and it won't crinkle - important in this tiny scale. I also printed a second copy of A and B on regular printer paper - I may wrap a thinned down Q-tip shaft instead of rolling the gun from card stock. What did you make those miniscule Comet machine guns from? They look great.

pařan
04-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I see. Ok, this mistake will be repaired in next release.
List of plaque is quiet old, so new models are missing. In next release will be update (if you want to, I can make plaque for SU, it's in fact very easy)

The Orange
04-09-2010, 02:48 PM
@Rockpaperscissor: No problem! Always happy to help :) I didn't think of it like that, I've always had a problem rolling cylinders and you can see that in the barrels of my tanks. So after finishing it with cardstock, wrap it around with printer paper? Sounds pretty feasible, I'll try it next time. I tried using a Q-tip's shaft for the turret but I thought it was a little too big. However, for my Comet I did use a thin rod to hold the cylinder together.
The machine guns were made from .07 led pieces which I cut down to fit the cylinder templates which are in the top left hand corner of the Comet templates. Then, I wrapped them around part 20, and rinse and repeat. I will use staples for railings when I'm finished with the tracks. I also made the antenna by using a small guitar string and cutting it to the appropriate length. After, I wrapped it around a small piece of paper.

@Paran: Cool, thanks! Actually, I already took the liberty of making a plaque for the SU 100 by editing the plaque in Paint. I will rebuild the stand in the near future because there's a gigantic glue smear on the right side that really bugs me.

rockpaperscissor
04-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Most paper has a distinct grain that is normally oriented lengthwise on the sheet. If you picture a sheet of paper as a mat of drinking straws all lined up along the length, rolling a lengthwise tube would be easy. If you tried to roll that mat of straws widthwise, you'd have to break the straws in the process - resulting in crinkles. Not only is it harder to do, the result is often disappointing. Orientation of the parts on the page is often dictated by available space, rather than by paper grain direction. When I see a part oriented wrong for rolling I'll usually move it 90 degrees. If there's not enough room I may have to use a separate piece of paper with just the offending parts on it. Thank heaven for Photoshop.

pařan
04-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Ok, I made new base, with actual list of plaques and I translate them to English.
Download here:
eDisk v.2: Staナセenテ* souboru "Base.rar" (816.34 KB) (http://www.edisk.cz/stahni/31138/Base.rar_816.34KB.html)
or
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/374179037/Base.rar.html)

The Orange
04-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Just finished the Comet tonight! (Whew) I'll have some pictures up tomorrow since it's too dark to take anything. It was a fantastic experience building it, and I would definitely recommend it. I still want to add more details to the tank like the railings and lights, but I'm trying to find substitutes for those pieces. Up next, the Mk IV, then the Bradley :)

misek12
12-05-2012, 03:19 PM
chcel by som sa spytat ci niekto z vas nema maly model king tigra na stiahnutie

misek12
12-05-2012, 03:21 PM
orange have you got any mini model of king tiger?

Zakopious
12-05-2012, 06:17 PM
orange have you got any mini model of king tiger?
SEGA has one in 1/72 scale but I do not know how to download it.
See:
アドバンスド大戦略>特集>ペーパークラフト・モデル>TIGER II (http://sega.jp/pc/soft/advd2001/sp_pmt2.html)

The Zealot forum has a Tiger II in 1/100 scale.
Zealot Hobby Forum (http://www.zealot.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=104)
However, you must be a Zealot member and make 10 posts on the forum before you have access to the downloads.

Yoshidom has a white model of a Tiger 2 in 1/72 scale.
Y's Paper Modelworkshop / Models by Visiters (http://www.terra.dti.ne.jp/~yoshidom/)

Ken

misek12
12-06-2012, 06:34 AM
can you download from this forum???

Warren61
12-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Great work on those tanks! I''m very much a fan of this series of models.

Cheers,
Douglas

Zakopious
12-06-2012, 08:40 AM
can you download from this forum???

Many military models can be downloaded from this forum.
PaperModelers.com - Downloads - Military Vehicles and Hardware (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=8)
However, the Tiger II model is not one of them.

misek12
12-06-2012, 12:12 PM
The Zealot forum has a Tiger II in 1/100 scale.
can you download from this forum?

misek12
12-06-2012, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Zakopious;330121]Many military models can be downloaded from this forum.

ca you download from zealot hobby forum or not??????????????????????????????????