PDA

View Full Version : Guess what it is

murphyaa
06-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Ok, so I got a wild hair in an innappropriate place, and thought I'd try to get back into designing again. I also thought I'd try to increase my level of detail above that of a standard Fiddlersgreen kit, and see if maybe I can sell some models somewhere else.

But, to make things a little more fun, I'm not gonna tell what it is I'm designing. I wanna see if I can do a good enough job that people can tell what it is just by looking at the model.

Anyways, on to the model:
http://img37.imagefra.me/img/img37/6/6/12/murphyaa/f_2m_cb23ac9.jpg
The framework

http://img40.imagefra.me/img/img40/6/6/12/murphyaa/f_1m_be4fd2a.jpg
Some accessories added on

It's still in progress, I still have to add the engine and a few other things.

I'm working with a fuzzy 3-view, and several fuzzy images. And the local air museum has theirs hanging from the ceiling, so I can't get my own.

Hence, I'm having to take artistic license to make it more easily buildable.

i'm hoping enough interest will be generated to keep me on this and get it finished. Not to mention I lost my job at the beginning of the month and have lots more time to design.

Bomarc
06-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Is it this:

QH-50C (http://www.gyrodynehelicopters.com/qh-50c1.htm)

Mike

shrike
06-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I'll stay out of it, but the engines show up on ebay every once in a while for detail photos.

murphyaa
06-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Ebay, huh? What's the going price?

shrike
06-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Somewhere between 5-10K. I've noticed them, but we only do recips, so I haven't really paid that much attention.

rbeach84
06-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Murphy, I shot a *whole bunch* of detail pix of the Gyrodyne example at the NAt'l Helicopter Museum last summer. Would those be of some help to you?

Funky little beastie... I hope to scratch one to go with my 1:48 Kaman 'Husky'.

murphyaa
06-15-2010, 02:37 AM
yes they would help greatly, tons even. I'll pm you my email addy

Groovin_Fusion
06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
I have no idea, but it sure looks pretty cool right now.

Wyvern
06-16-2010, 07:50 AM
The Dash robot ASW 'copter?

Wyvern

rbeach84
06-26-2010, 12:33 AM
yes they would help greatly, tons even. I'll pm you my email addy Murphy, I *finally* got them uploaded... check out my albums for it under 'QH-50C':D

murphyaa
11-14-2010, 07:42 AM
This one's on my "officially dead" list. Lost everything in the great PC crash of ought 10.

I might get back to it eventually.

Zathros
11-14-2010, 08:01 AM
murphyaa, as a fellow Rhino user, I am really interested in any trips or tricks you may have come upon. If you willing to share them I would be humbly grateful, If not, I understand that too.

When your computer crashed, do you know that the hard drive is lost? I build computers. You could easily slave the hard drive into your new computer, there are many ways to do this, many adapters, USB, IDE to SATA dongle, etc. It may all still be there. I am building a new computer this week and will be slaving 2 500G and 1 170G hard drive to the new system which has a 1 Terabyte hard drive.

I would be most willing to offer any assistance, or advice, based on experience (I am a state certified electronic technician and I fix to component level, though many things are not worth fixing like that anymore.), if you need anyhelp, that is.

I thought my present computer was did as it would not get by the "SYSTEM CPU TESt HAS FAILED", message from the BIOS.

It turned out to be cracked headers pin solders on the solder side. These caused a voltage rail to fail. I re-soldered the board, stuck in a 750Watt PSU I found at the transfer station and she came right back to life. The cable strain on some computers causes the solders to give out after some years, especially if the case gets warm at all. No lead makes for brittle solders, but better drinking water.

If the Hard drive does not spin up, there are a couple of tricks I could show you that could make it work long enough to get the data off.

murphyaa
11-14-2010, 08:10 AM
As near as I can tell, both hard drives I had are still good. The main one had developed a wierd noise and I'm sure was about to fail. Right now I'm just trying to find a cable to be able to connect them to my laptop. Unfortunately it's a specialty cable, and none of the computer stores here have one.