in this thread iam asking you guys to evaluate me

i currently have two tanks a panther ausf g and a pt-76

you give me A , B , C , D or F

iam still a beginner so be easy on me

ultra stone

(sorry for the superbad quality)

ghshinn
06-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Since I know nearly nothing about armor, it's hard for me to evaluate. They look good to me, so I'd give you at least a B. But you really need input from someone more familiar with that type of vehicle.

Garland

peter taft
06-15-2010, 06:25 PM
It's a hard thing that you are asking us to do here ultra. For a beginner you have done a great job - Tanks with tracks is kind of a hard place to start, especially getting the tracks to SAG in the right areas and right proportions. I can see that you have had a damn good go at that, and in time you will master it all. Well... i will give you this: B be proud of what you have achieved, and keep them builds coming, the more you build, the better you get. ;)

ultra
06-15-2010, 06:27 PM
thank u for your evaluation ghshinn

i really appreciate it

ultra stone

ultra
06-15-2010, 06:29 PM
It's a hard thing that you are asking us to do here ultra. For a beginner you have done a great job - Tanks with tracks is kind of a hard place to start, especially getting the tracks to SAG in the right areas and right proportions. I can see that you have had a damn good go at that, and in time you will master it all. Well... i will give you this: B be proud of what you have achieved, and keep them builds coming, the more you build, the better you get. ;)

thank you very very much man

:D:D:D:D:D

now iam happy

ultra stone

Gharbad
06-15-2010, 07:55 PM
The model looks good but it's hard to tell because it's out of focus.

To take photos like this make sure your lens is set to the widest angle it can be (zoomed out all the way) and see if have a 'macro' feature, it's usually a flower icon.
Having good light helps too.

If you took these with a cell phone take them from further away and then just zoom in digitally on your computer.

cgutzmer
06-15-2010, 08:21 PM
This is subjective...

1 - you are new
1.5 - its subjective
2 - i hate tanks cause of treads - otherwise love em!
2.5 - its subjective
3 - I have not seen your other work
3.5 - did I mention its subjective :)

I am going to assume this is one of your first models (say under 5 completed models)

Point 1 - its hard to see due to pic quality
Point 2 - it looks like you edge colored! - nice :)
Point 3 - you cut the notches in the side of the treads not just leaving it a smooth band - Nice!
Point 4 - I see a few crinkles in the paper - this is a strength of our hobby - a part doesnt turn out right, reprint and rebuild! test fit before gluing :) - easily forgivable for a first build.
Point 5 - Alignment on most part looks pretty darn good!

Here is why its subjective. My first kits were built with a STAPLER on copy paper at work while taking calls at the helpdesk. I quickly graduated to using scotch tape then glue sticks. I did not have the benefit of this community as I didnt know it existed :) Many of my early builds can still be seen floating around at our headquarters - often popping up at people who I have no idea who they are (we have several thousand at our HQ.)

Overall as an early build I would EASILY rate this as a B, possibly higher if I knew what number it was (First is MUCH different than your fifth) and it was in focus.

GREAT WORK and keep them coming :)
Chris

Paperwarrior
06-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Ultra,

Armored vehicles are my specialty...real ones. That is why I cannot imagine doing tracks this small. As was stated by Peter Taft, it is real hard to get tracks to sag properly. You have done a great job of trying to get them to look right; especially for your first try. I think if you get a bit more practice they will look perfect.

Your edge coloring is spot on...a lot of folks either skip this or go too dark. ...looks good to me.

There are some spots that are rough, but hey, as you stated you are a beginner. These look great. I give a good solid B.

As a side note. These are great choices. The PT-76 is quite the unique tank. It is at home on land and water and that 76mm smoothbore gives it a bit of a punch. No, for its time, it couldn't stand toe-to-toe with the M-60, but it wasn't meant to. It was meant to get some fire power across the river quick to support the infantry.

The Panther, well, what can we say. State of the Art. Slanted armor. A 75mm decreasing bore gun for high velocity. Good power. This is a good all around tank...for its time.

Jeff

leclerc
06-15-2010, 10:00 PM
I will give you my subjective evaluation

PT-76
FYI I also already built this model, but I build it with other color (the green one). And you go with the black ones that used by Russian Army.You did a good job for this model. The rail tracks seems right and you treat the edges smoothly. And for the Cuppola you did a great job by making it pop up.
Result : B

Panther AUSF G
I also already built this model and I certainly get a headache when putting the tracks right. But from your pictures, you did not cut the front and the back wheel inner parts. For other parts is very good.
Result : B-

And from a fellow builder who also loves to built tanks you've done a good job for these two models.

Jim Nunn
06-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Ultra stone

Taking into consideration that these are your first attempts and I believe these are relatively simple downloads in 1/72 scale. I would give you an A for effort and a B+ for execution. I see the makings of a good modeler here, the barrels are straight (and not simple to roll) the strip tracks on the PT76 have lots of parts and you put them on the model rather then leaving them off. The paper edges are colored and you have attempted to match the color. All in all lots of good things here. Now for some advice keep building and with every model try to attempt something that looks harder then your last model. Scan the web for photos and see what you can add to the model to improve the kits detail. Did I say keep building? I have seen a lot worse for first models and above all keep showing use your models.

Jim Nunn

ultra
06-16-2010, 03:45 AM
I will give you my subjective evaluation

PT-76
FYI I also already built this model, but I build it with other color (the green one). And you go with the black ones that used by Russian Army.You did a good job for this model. The rail tracks seems right and you treat the edges smoothly. And for the Cuppola you did a great job by making it pop up.
Result : B

Panther AUSF G
I also already built this model and I certainly get a headache when putting the tracks right. But from your pictures, you did not cut the front and the back wheel inner parts. For other parts is very good.
Result : B-

And from a fellow builder who also loves to built tanks you've done a good job for these two models.

Ultra,

Armored vehicles are my specialty...real ones. That is why I cannot imagine doing tracks this small. As was stated by Peter Taft, it is real hard to get tracks to sag properly. You have done a great job of trying to get them to look right; especially for your first try. I think if you get a bit more practice they will look perfect.

Your edge coloring is spot on...a lot of folks either skip this or go too dark. ...looks good to me.

There are some spots that are rough, but hey, as you stated you are a beginner. These look great. I give a good solid B.

As a side note. These are great choices. The PT-76 is quite the unique tank. It is at home on land and water and that 76mm smoothbore gives it a bit of a punch. No, for its time, it couldn't stand toe-to-toe with the M-60, but it wasn't meant to. It was meant to get some fire power across the river quick to support the infantry.

The Panther, well, what can we say. State of the Art. Slanted armor. A 75mm decreasing bore gun for high velocity. Good power. This is a good all around tank...for its time.

Jeff

This is subjective...

1 - you are new
1.5 - its subjective
2 - i hate tanks cause of treads - otherwise love em!
2.5 - its subjective
3 - I have not seen your other work
3.5 - did I mention its subjective :)

I am going to assume this is one of your first models (say under 5 completed models)

Point 1 - its hard to see due to pic quality
Point 2 - it looks like you edge colored! - nice :)
Point 3 - you cut the notches in the side of the treads not just leaving it a smooth band - Nice!
Point 4 - I see a few crinkles in the paper - this is a strength of our hobby - a part doesnt turn out right, reprint and rebuild! test fit before gluing :) - easily forgivable for a first build.
Point 5 - Alignment on most part looks pretty darn good!

Here is why its subjective. My first kits were built with a STAPLER on copy paper at work while taking calls at the helpdesk. I quickly graduated to using scotch tape then glue sticks. I did not have the benefit of this community as I didnt know it existed :) Many of my early builds can still be seen floating around at our headquarters - often popping up at people who I have no idea who they are (we have several thousand at our HQ.)

Overall as an early build I would EASILY rate this as a B, possibly higher if I knew what number it was (First is MUCH different than your fifth) and it was in focus.

GREAT WORK and keep them coming :)
Chris

The model looks good but it's hard to tell because it's out of focus.

To take photos like this make sure your lens is set to the widest angle it can be (zoomed out all the way) and see if have a 'macro' feature, it's usually a flower icon.
Having good light helps too.

If you took these with a cell phone take them from further away and then just zoom in digitally on your computer.

Ultra stone

Taking into consideration that these are your first attempts and I believe these are relatively simple downloads in 1/72 scale. I would give you an A for effort and a B+ for execution. I see the makings of a good modeler here, the barrels are straight (and not simple to roll) the strip tracks on the PT76 have lots of parts and you put them on the model rather then leaving them off. The paper edges are colored and you have attempted to match the color. All in all lots of good things here. Now for some advice keep building and with every model try to attempt something that looks harder then your last model. Scan the web for photos and see what you can add to the model to improve the kits detail. Did I say keep building? I have seen a lot worse for first models and above all keep showing use your models.

Jim Nunn

thank u all for your participation

and thank u for your grades

this is making me a happy modeler

ultra stone

nebeltex
06-16-2010, 08:45 AM
i'd give the designs a "C" and your efforts with them a "B"...lol! keep up the good work.

Miles Linnabery
06-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Dear Ultra:
One thing I spoted and its an easy fix the inside of the gun barrel is white in the photo. I would like to see it colored with water color pencil gray black steel.
Good luck and keep modeling,
Miles

cgutzmer
06-16-2010, 12:09 PM
i'd give the designs a "C" and your efforts with them a "B"...lol! keep up the good work.

You are just partial cause its not a paper tiger armaments model heh heh - just palying with ya!
Chris

ultra
06-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Dear Ultra:
One thing I spoted and its an easy fix the inside of the gun barrel is white in the photo. I would like to see it colored with water color pencil gray black steel.
Good luck and keep modeling,
Miles

thank you guys and about da request i could try it

You are just partial cause its not a paper tiger armaments model heh heh - just palying with ya!
Chris

you really had me going there man

ultra stone

nebeltex
06-17-2010, 09:37 AM
not really....very much...lol! for a panther G, the turret is the wrong shape, too far back on the hull, cupola in wrong position, cannon mantlet wrong shape, and only the left side cooling fan should be raised for the compartment heater....

you have to do the best you can with what you have. we make mistakes too, but ultra really has done a good job.

ultra
06-17-2010, 01:52 PM
not really....very much...lol! for a panther G, the turret is the wrong shape, too far back on the hull, cupola in wrong position, cannon mantlet wrong shape, and only the left side cooling fan should be raised for the compartment heater....

you have to do the best you can with what you have. we make mistakes too, but ultra really has done a good job.

thank you very much

ultra stone