PDA

View Full Version : Gundam by The Orange

tazman3
06-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Ok, got the first section of beta build underway. Parts cut for chest/torso and ready to go...some already glued up. No problems on glue ups yet. Did find that the 3 parts in the 2nd picture seem to come up short on the ends pointing towards us in the test fit...I'll see how they do at glue-up.

No edge coloring on these, I even scored them all on the up-side. Just to give a better picture of how they look formed up and glued up all together.

The Orange
06-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Nice job! Yeah, I noticed that too when I was building in but it didn't come out short when I glued it on. I'll take note of that when I finalize it, thanks!

Oh, also I designed that front skirts and back skirts in a wierd way. They connect to the torso and not the waist. Kinda odd but I couldn't get the back skirt straight if I didn't do it like that.

tazman3
06-23-2010, 07:05 AM
I actually printed that sheet again, and rebuilt 2 of them, just to make sure it wasn't something I did...I got the same result...on 2 of them the black edge is about halfway, on the third it barley got over the edge.

I got all the parts built, I'll post pics tomorrow, plus I'll contruct what I can of the final build...PM me for what you want done next.

I think these are good as is...meaning I don't see how you could make them any easier, them seem ok as they are. Heck, if I can do them, pretty much anyone can! ;)

tazman3
06-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Ok, finished up with the torso...that is a neat trick with the skirt...I was wondering how in the heck it was all going to line up right...then I realized...lol

So on those first 2 pages these are the parts...could not determine where the 3 other parts went. This was fun...I'm ready for more!

The Orange
06-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Super! Looking nice there :) I'll check what those 3 parts go, but nonetheless really looking great. I'll send you the next bits today.

Dang! I totally forgot to tell you a real big important note on the waist. I'll email you on it.