PDA

View Full Version : Spandau Light Machine Gun

mldixon
07-04-2010, 08:00 AM
This was taken from a set of instructions for a model of this gun. It was detailed scaled drawings which I used to build this model. It was an exercise in design for me.

Paperwarrior
07-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey, I like it!!

You'll have to get in on the Fokker E.III contest and build the plane around this machinegun.

Great job!

Jeff

cardist
07-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Hey, I like it!!

You'll have to get in on the Fokker E.III contest and build the plane around this machinegun.

Great job!

Jeff

That would be a biggie! I'm assuming the grid is in one inch squares, so extrapolating the size of the machine gun against this and a quick bit of arithmetic makes the scale about 1/6th. But then again, I could be wrong!;)

mldixon
07-04-2010, 06:40 PM
No 1:6th could be right, I was caught up in the dragon model stuff for a while and they were all 1:6 scale. But I will check it out and get back on that.

dessy
07-05-2010, 05:56 AM
i can imagine this scaled up to about 16inch long and the holes cut out along the barrel ect.... its a great attempt, well done and credit to you for an original idea. i have limited history knowledge of this type of smg. i take it as paperwarror has just mentioned that it would have been attached to the bonnet of a bi-plane, some times in pairs?